It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

School shooter suspect charged with murder as victims' parents speak out

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
These types of murders have always occurred just that if you are over a certain age, say around 40 chances are you just didnt hear about them. Most people, from what i recall just watched local news and didnt get news from other areas. Today with the Internet we get news from all over.

These perpetrators have serious issues, regardless of their surroundings or things that occur in their lives and they dont get reformed. The only thing to hope for, if they are out walking the streets due to lenient (irrational and corrupt - $$$) sentence, is they dont do something similar again. Even if they dont kill again they always have serious issues...maybe they will not completely "snap" again but they will always have violent tendencies and gravitate towards some form of criminal behavior.

I am over 40 years old and when i was in grammar school a friend, who was a friend only because he lived around the corner from me and was same age, killed a girl right in the street in front of a group of people then took off running. He was found hiding somewhere and was arrested given a liberal sentence due to his age and when released continued in crime. Luckily he is dead now. No one knew then and still dont know why he killed this girl.

Murder regardless of age should result in permanent removal from society of person who commits the crime because the reality is these people are severely damaged. We can make all the excuses in the world, just like every pedophile knows the stock answer "i was molested too" which may or MAY NOT be true because when did criminals start to tell the truth?
edit on 1-3-2012 by Malcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by hapablab

I bet most of them were girls because you look pretty to me. Girls do that.

I think there's a bit of copy-cat going on.

And alos there're more people now than there were back then. Sooner or later someone is going to shoot someone. Furthermore, maybe it has something to do with the economy. I rmemeber my grandfather telling me that when they were teens they were working several hours a day in the logging camps with different things and going to school when they could. Maybe they were just too busy to be blowing brains out in school or maybe working kept them more busy than school does. They never stopped working. And this builds on another point. Could entitlement have something to do with it? Maybe kids always want the easy way out so they just shoot the bully rather than deal with it the old fashioned way (aka. punch the sh** in the face). The problem is that once the bullets are fired you will go to jail, maybe forever.

Maybe kids don't have common sense anymore. They don't know how to handle things.

And one more though. Kids don't take care of themselves. Too much sitting. Not enough work and exercise. Too much sugary food and not enough vitamins and protein in their diet. I was reading that there're a lot of teens that will have their first heart attack in their 40's. This is fact. Maybe kids know this intuitively so they're throwing their lives away in a selfish and violent spree. Or maybe it destroys their brain. I know this is a longshot and probably not an explanation for much. Just though I'd bring it up.
edit on 1-3-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Think of it this way. How fair is it that you are to be treated like a kid, unless you do something bad? That sends a seriously wrong message if you ask me. Either you are an adult, and you have ALL the rights and responsibilities as an adult. Or you are a kids, and have all the rights and responsibilites as a kid. If that makes sense, it does in my head lol.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join