It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there a reputable organization investigating and doing their own research on conspiracy theories?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
There are plenty of skeptic organizations that examine conspiracy theories, but they're very closed-minded. If you ask me, they are just as guilty of confirmation bias as the conspiracy theorists they mock. They already have an opinion of conspiracy buffs like us, so they are only going to be looking for ways to validate what they believe: that we are all crazy and ignorant. They are unwilling to challenge the status quo and question government explanations.

I don't believe that a conspiracy is debunked simply from a quote by the government. We know that they lie. Non-conspiracy buffs know that politicians lie. They do not become enthralled by Wonder Woman's magic lasso of truth when they are sworn in.

I want to find a real neutral organization. A group that does their own research and performs their own investigations on claims of conspiracy. An independent organization that doesn't publish speculation or cite non-credible sources (or they at least acknowledge the dubious credibility). Does such a group exist?

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
"Reputable organization" and "conspiracy theory" are more often than not mutually exclusive terms! Although Architects and Engineers for 911 Truth is pretty close to reputable (in my opinion). But mostly any organization concerned with conspiracy theories usually has a tarnished reputation.

ATS excluded, of course.

/TOA

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   

upload.wikimedia.org...

Fortean Times

Fortean Times is a British monthly magazine devoted to the anomalous phenomena popularised by Charles Fort. Previously published by John Brown Publishing (from 1991 to 2001) and then I Feel Good Publishing (2001 to 2005), it is now published by Dennis Publishing Ltd. As of December 2011, its circulation was just over 17,000 copies per month.[1] The magazine's tagline is "The World of Strange Phenomena".

General content
The identification of correct original sources by contributors is a defining feature of the magazine, as it was for Charles Fort himself. However, the "objective reality" of these reports is not as important. The magazine "maintains a position of benevolent scepticism towards both the orthodox and the unorthodox" and "toes no party line". The range of subject matter is extremely broad, including but not limited to the following:

General Forteana
Anomalous phenomena
Apparitions
Bizarre deaths
Conspiracy theories
Crop circles
Cryptozoology
Cults and would-be Messiahs and prophets.
Fringe science
Hoaxes
Millennialism, eschatology, and cases of mass hysteria.
Mutants (human and animal)
Parapsychology
Religious phenomena (stigmata, appearances and simulacra and miracles, etc.)
Natural simulacra
UFOs
Urban legends
en.wikipedia.org...

Charles Fort

Charles Hoy Fort (August 6, 1874 – May 3, 1932) was an American writer and researcher into anomalous phenomena. Today, the terms Fortean and Forteana are used to characterize various such phenomena. Fort's books sold well and are still in print today.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Does brad Meltzer and his crew crew count??

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by MrAndy

You're here, this place has a reputation for solving conspiracies. I'm not sure if the reputation is good or bad, but it has a reputation.
Why so serious..... no matter how good the evidence is, only 25% of people max would believe you and less than one percent would dare do anything....
It is nice knowing the truth though

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   
How about, in the best scenario, Wikileaks?

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Old American
Although Architects and Engineers for 911 Truth is pretty close to reputable

And we can see their "reputable" research right here!

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by MrAndy

your own bias and preconceptions doom your " search "

top topics

join