It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

13 killed as tornadoes rake Midwest states

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   

13 killed as tornadoes rake Midwest states

usnews.msnbc.msn.com

At least 13 people were killed overnight as a line of tornadoes marched across the Midwest, flattening parts of several towns.
Forecasters warned more twisters could strike the Tennessee Valley and southern Appalachians through Wednesday evening as the storm system moved east.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
news.yahoo.com

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
From the sound of things this kind of came out of nowhere. There was "severe weather" warned of but not to the magnitude of these powerful tornadoes. I found it odd that multiple times in the article they question the tornadoes actually being there

What is thought to have been a tornado swept through the town around 5 a.m. local time, destroying 35-40 homes, according to local TV station KFVS12.
and

said the apparent twister appeared to "jump side to side" as it moved down the entertainment district, right through the convention center, across a lake and into a housing division.
.. anyways, if you are out there duck your heads because it sounds like its not over yet.

usnews.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 00/00/0000 by ka119 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
My heart goes out to the peopel who had their lives turned upside down in the middle of the night.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

That would be awful, especially if this was not necessarily expected. I cant imagining waking up in the middle of that chaos
and to those tornado sirens.. those things have always freaked me out

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by ka119

FissionSurplus warned of this potential threat early yesterday just based on winds in Texas! He was ridiculed for it by a few posters, because straight-line winds don't equal tornadoes!
Apparently they do!

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
It flattened a walmart and part of a stripmall here in southern illinois..1 dead.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Really?
Wow haha that is amazing, and of course people just went on their merry way, theres some smart people on here ya know..

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I've been questioning them all along. I belive they're weather technology AND this is just one more kill maim and steal land from farmers.

And cowardly peons, in the night too. Thats like shooting civilians in the back. Slimy toads. And I'm sorry if I insulted nature, wasn't intended towards nature only towards these slimy humans.
edit on 29-2-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
We will be seeing some of this storm tonight and tomorrow here in eastern NC.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ka119

weather warning from texan
Terrible news. This makes me want to take ATSers warnings seriously. This was posted yesterday

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Yep!predicted hours ahead of time....right here on ATS!
And some arguments to the contrary are now defunct.....good call!
A stitch in time saves nine! Glad we are a community that cares......

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Interesting above posts.. this just goes to show everyone here that maybe, just MAYBE there is more than just loons here (myself included
)

Just kidding.

What are everyone's thoughts on this being controlled?
Or thoughts on the 'apparent' tornadoes?
I thought that it was very interesting how the news report kept labeling the tornadoes as 'alleged' and 'apparent'..

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by ka119
What are everyone's thoughts on this being controlled?
Or thoughts on the 'apparent' tornadoes?
I thought that it was very interesting how the news report kept labeling the tornadoes as 'alleged' and 'apparent'..

I didn't really read any articles on it but saw it on the news a few times. From what I heard there was hardly any warning, nothing on radar, no time to prepare and in the middle of the night. Coupled with some info from this thread here on ATS, I think something smells to high heaven.

I personally believe that the powers that be do have the technology to control the weather, and what better way to monger up some fear than tornadoes in February? I don't like it one bit

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by schlomo

Agreed.
Somethings fishy..
Wonder whats next?
Earthquakes, super volcanoes, eh.. all in a days work.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Neopan100

The strip mall next to the Walmart was flattened. The Walmart sustained a lot of damage though. The front doors were blown out, the lawn and garden are was wrecked and from what I could see the grocery side wall of their receiving area was completely gone. It will be awhile before that store opens again.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by PhantomLimb

are from harrisburg? Marion here..

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Neopan100

No, I actually live in Marion, myself.

new topics

top topics

join