It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Monsanto Pays 93 Million to Victims In Settlement

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Monsanto tentatively agreed to a $93 million settlement with some residents of Nitro, West Virginia. Nitro is a small town that got its name from manufacturing explosives during WWI. It was also the site of a Monsanto chemical plant that manufactured 2,4,5-T herbicide that was half of the Agent Orange recipe. Herbicide 2,4,5-T was contaminated with the caustic by-product dioxin. This settlement may open the floodgates to successfully suing Monsanto for its poison.

Read more: naturalsociety.com...

Hopefully it does start a flood of law suits against the toxic herbicide spreading company Monsanto. Not to mention the toxicology report of 2,4,5-T herbicide has been delayed by paying off the EPA since 1985, 26 years!!

More info on the crimes of Monsanto...
www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 28-2-2012 by PageAlaCearl because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-2-2012 by PageAlaCearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by PageAlaCearl

like a hammer... smash them down

i really hope this does open up the flood gates on monsanto. they had a free pass long enough in this world

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I'm wondering...
If the government will not stop them and people keep suing them, hopefully to the point of bankruptcy, will the government then just give them a bailout?

I really would love to see them brought down hard.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Settlements are useless. These mega corps consider the fact that they will get sued, that in and of itself is the nature of the beast, it is inevitable. These corps build into their budgets for lawsuits and the money is pretty much already set aside for the settlements.

If people had any intestinal fortitude they would quit settling out of court and take it all the way to the jury. Sure, you might win some and lose some, but settling out of court is not the way, not when the corps build their infrastructure around this fact. They manipulate the system and turn the negative into a positive for them. In order to really make a difference these cases must be heard by a jury, that way the word will get out to the masses more so than what an out of court settlement provides. A settlement simply allows the offending party to get off scott free without any legal ramifications for their actions.

This is an example of how we as citizens can work together. These corps will get the picture if the citizens start banding together and with the power of the jury, really start taking these bastards down. As I see it, if a corp offers 1 million to settle out of court, that leads me to believe that if a jury heard the case and found in favor of the victim, the jury could potentially award 2 million or more instead, now that will hurt these corps, especially if they only sat aside 1 million.

Stop settling out of court people.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by PageAlaCearl

It would appear that 93 million is pocket change to Monsanto. You would need thousands of these cases to even make a dent.

In 2010, gross profit from seeds and traits will rise to $5.1 billion to $5.2 billion, Monsanto said, repeating the September outlook.

Source

top topics

join