It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you want a Job in Human Intelligence Gathering?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I was looking through job openings and I found this link
Human Intelligence Job.

The official Job Title is: Warrant Officer Human Intelligence Collection Technician.

Part of the job description is as follows:

Specifically, your duties may involve interrogating and debriefing as defined by regulation; conducting and supervising tactical and strategic interrogation-related duties; supervising subordinate personnel; developing and approving interrogation plans and missions; advising the support element; and coordinating with other agencies.

The most amazing thing about this job is who you work for!
It's none other than...
The US National Guard!

The job is open to Guardsmen who have HUMINT experience already.

Please click the link and tell me how it makes you feel to know that this is a job opening for the National Guard, and as you read the description, imagine who, what, when and where this Position would perform his/her work.

I always thought the National Guard was mostly used for National Emergency situations, what type of interrogations are they expecting to occur? Who are they expecting to interrogate?

Thoughts?

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
It's a hard job. Where am I supposed to find an intelligent human?

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by AutomaticSlim

A large number of the guards in Abu Ghraib were National Guard and they've been increasingly taking the role of the active duty military overseas. One of the first movies about the Iraq war "Off to War" was following a National Guard unit out of Arkansas for their deployment. Very good movie/mini-series BTW...

Point is... National Guard is like replacing full time workers with part time ones. All the labor for partial pay and far less in benefits.
I wouldn't read anything into this for National Guard being used domestically. Companies like Blackwater....in whatever form they exist in now...are around for that.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I see, so I guess that since the National Guard is part of the Army, they are fair game to be sent overseas.
I would actually think it would be easier for Americans to accept interrogations from/by the National Guard than they would via Blackwater employees.

I was kind of linking up (in my mind) the reported increase in these FEMA detention centers and this idea of Guardsmen staffing them and interrogating 'the domestics.'
edit on 27-2-2012 by AutomaticSlim because: added smth

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   

I think it's more a matter of getting the general population of National Guard to go along with it rather than how Americans would deal with it. The ones with the warped thinking they're looking for may very well leave National Guard service with this kind of training to land in a private military contractor company though. I suppose in that sense, it all comes full circle and we do eventually get it back at us, don't we?

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   

That basically means that you da snitch, man. They can put all sorts of fancy titles on it, but the fact remains that HumInt operators are basically glorified, professional rats.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   

The national guard has not been used for it's intended purpose in almost 50 years, my friend. They are now just basically reservists that get deployed overseas. They actually have a pretty sh tty reputation over in the sandbox, too, from what I hear, blue on blue contact, firing down convoy axis and other not so intelligent things to do. They are not professionals, regardless of what spin they put on it. They are weekend warriors who may get deployed, nothing more. I personally think the American military only deploys NatGuard units because they are spread so thin. Up here, if you are a reservist, you have to fight to get a deployment order and really show what you're made of before they trust you enough, but down in the 'States, it's pretty much mandatory, even though, for all intents and purposes, they aren't even real soldiers.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
It's a good job if you're into writing reports and enjoy traveling. And i got to work on my Spanish and Tagalog some what. In my case the intel geeks got old real quick and it became mundane. I ended up moving over to the Cryptologic arena. Still got to travel alot.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Well, I'm somewhat comforted to hear that the likelyhood of these Guardsmen being used to interrogate the citizens of the US is pretty slim.

As I stated above, my mind started connecting the dots in such a way that placed Guardsmen in the FEMA camps interrogating the so called 'domestic terrorists' And from there I could imagine the definition of 'domestic terrorists' to include far more people than just the types we are used to reading about such as the Unabombers and the McVeighs and so forth.

I don't mean to fearmonger, but I was curious on other points of view.

And yeah, I could see this job requiring lots of paperwork (top secret probably) and travelling and basically not the best quality of life.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
The best of Human Intelligence is locked away at Los Alamos according to
a Mr Lyne who says the works of Nikola Tesla's most important intelligence
is locked away. Based on the information highway we could use some more
gathering. When I see any shred of one wire lighting and no wire lighting at
youtube half as good as Tesla's perhaps some one did a good job.

join