It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Occupy London camp eviction starts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Police in London are starting to evict occupy protesters and begin arrests

Occupy London camp eviction starts

Police and bailiffs have moved in to remove protesters from the Occupy London camp at St Paul's Cathedral. Bailiffs have started to remove tents and other equipment from the site. There have been no reports of trouble. Occupy London was last week refused permission to appeal against a High Court decision to allow their eviction to proceed. Occupy London, which campaigns against corporate greed, set up the camp on 15 October.

Protesters have chained themselves to barricades as riot police move in. A warm balmy night, in London just what the police don't want.
Live stream

edit on 27-2-2012 by HumansEh because: link added

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Only one arrest so far and that was in the last 10 minutes. Lots of footage of paths being swept and people gathered on "the last stand" stand. Worth putting on BBC news cos they have live coverage. If you want to see paths being swept.

Edit: Nope, now they are destroying the last stand it seems. Probably won't be there for long!
edit on 27-2-2012 by markymint because: Spelling

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
i cant wait for there fort colapsing you can see it leaning they are gona clatter bigtime

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I hope they continue to stand their ground! Give police flowers and gifts, warm words. Attract the media with friendly stunts. Stay together, be loyal to each other. And if fellow protestors are arrested and charged for 'disturbing the peace' or 'resisting arrest', bail them out if you can. People are listening!

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
while the coppers are dealing with this i bet there is actual crimes they could be sorting out drag them off that thing and get it over with they are still leting them protest they just dont want them living there and building stuff they are just going to move on,i wish i owned a tent shop in london they will be demand for them tomorow

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
We need to "Occupy" the heart of the global financial meltdown, the federal reserve. The movement needs something to aim for, why shouldn't that be tearing down the most elaborate fraud in global economics.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by BruceEFury

Occupiers aren't usually the more-educated type you find on sites like ATS and even YouTube. They don't follow much alternative news and their views tend to be mainstream. They are learning as they go. I for one am glad that they are making a stand for what's right (democracy, fairless, rights and freedoms for the People over big business.) Democracy seems to be vanishing on the world scale.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Just a technical question here..but I think it means everything. In London, are these people in a place that is considered legal and private property? I'm totally unclear on the Occupy situation in London for legal status. Here, it's outlaw from the word go and day 1...but is it the same there?

Hopefully police there at least show restraint and make arrests without taking actual pleasure from making the process a physical one where it needn't be.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
We're not too far off from internment camps.

Next stop...Nazi v2.0

top topics

join