It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Schumann Resonances, Electro Magnetism, and the Brain.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Fascinating information, awesome thread Piano!

While the concepts of resonance are thought to be fairly simple,
science has found that its actually more indepth and complicated, and
sometimes suprising!

Its known that variations in the Schumann resonance correspond to the seasons,
solar activity, the Earths magnetic fields, and water aerosols in the environment

Take for instance lightening. I commented in another thread that light is both a particle and
a wave. Lets look at lightning and find something fascinating. Bursts create electromagnetic waves,
and some waves...if they combine actually create a "heartbeat" that is found to be measured as
The Schumann resonance.

These waves, in this resonance are a tool for scientists to analyze the Earth's weather, and its electric
environment. In the past scientists were limited to data from instuments on Earth,
but now things have changed.

NASA's Vector Electric Field Instrument (VEFI) aboard the U.S. Air Force's
Communications/Navigation Outage Forecast System (C/NOFS) satellite is actually able
to detect The Schumann resonance from space!

NASA Goddard's Vector Electric Field Instrument (VEFI) aboard the U.S. Air Force's Communications/Navigation Outage Forecast System (C/NOFS) -- shown here -- has detected a special kind of low frequency wave leaking out into space from Earth's lower atmosphere.
nanopatentsandinnovations.blogspot.com...

Credit: NASA/Goddard Space Flight Center

Credit: NASA/Simoes

/NOFS, of course, measured them much higher – at altitudes of 250 to 500 miles. While models suggest that the resonances should be trapped under the ionosphere, it is not unheard of that energy can leak through. So the team began looking for waves of the correct, very low frequency in the observations from VEFI – an instrument built at NASA Goddard with high enough sensitivity to spot these very faint waves. And the team was rewarded. They found the resonance showing up in almost every orbit C/NOFS made around Earth, which added up to some 10,000 examples.

Thank you for bringing this fantastic disucssion to ATS!
edit on 26-2-2012 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Tesla, the inventor of many of the modern devices on which our society runs, was convinced EM was the key to unlimited free energy, communication with other sentient beings and a lot more. He would know, he spent most of his life studying EM. Of course on his death the US Government rushed in and seized and classified his work so top secret it has yet to be revealed. And they continue to do so with so many patents in EM.
reply to post by pianopraze

This statement isn't correct. When Tesla died, the US government held all his papers and notes. All his notes were to be shipped back to former Yugoslavia. The conspiracy starts to emerge when we ask ourselves, did the government give back his notes to Yugoslavia? Tesla invented many things. Unfortunately his ideas were stolen by Edison and others. What else is sad about Tesla, is that he is an unsung hero. Many more know about Edison than Tesla.
Tesla was a true scientist. Edison was a business men. Tesla was more interested in spreading his inventions free of charge. Edison would never do this. Tesla did invent a tower in Warden Cliff, which was knocked down either a year or two years ago. If you begin to research about Tesla, he is a very very interesting person to learn about.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Well, you know a thread must be interesting when it has more flags than responses. Ever since i heard about the schuman resonances, the connection to tesla, and its possible ability to alter mind states, i have absolutely fascinated with learning more about it. Unfortunately there arent enough (seemingly) credible resources to read about it at my level of understanding for this topic(laymen). Obviously life evolved under the influence of the schuman resonances(among many other factors) and it is not a leap of faith by any means to suggest that they play a role in our development. Its just unfortunate that tptb will figure out all weaponized uses of this information before it becomes an area of more public style research. Cool thread OP, always enjoy reading about this.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Very well said! Indeed our "Mainstream" science is very purposefully held back.

And has been for 100+ years
stupid New World Order scum...

+4 more 
posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

HAARP was not developed for communicating with submarines. One of the purposes of it is to research the generation of ELF and VLF radiation by "tickling" the ionosphere. While ELF was used for comminucations with submarines it is a very poor method of communcation, being capable of only very low bandwith. The use of satellite communications has become the preferred method. But that ELF and VLR radiation is not aimed, it radiates in all directions.

There is nothing in that patent about directing the ELF radiation in any particular direction or to any particular location. The radiation is injected into the Earth-Ionosphere waveguide where it travels around the entire planet. At a location of interest (and everywhere else) changes in the conductivity of the material underground affects the propagation of the radiation through the earth. These changes make it possible to map the location of these different materials. The use of this technique would be superior to existing techniques which rely upon natural sources of ELF (such as lightning) since it would be available on demand. The problem is, the experimentation at HAARP has shown that the production of ELF radiation by this method depends greatly on the conditions in the ionosphere above Gakona and even with ideal conditions the signal produced is very weak. It isn't useful for this purpose.
www-star.stanford.edu...

As I said, electromagnetism is not the same as electromagnetic radiation. Nor is the same as sound, infrasound or any other sort.
edit on 2/26/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

Your slick, switch arguments mid track without seeming to be wrong. ATS is about Deny Ignorance, not Deny Everything... that's another groups motto.

Toss in lots of extraneous information to bog people down and distract from the subject while seeming to be on topic... check... very familiar.

The information I provided in my last response negates pretty much everything your saying here. They can create a mirror with HAARP in the ionosphere then bounce signals off it. Also they can use it to create certain signals. Go argue with the military, it's their info.

However, using the ionosphere as an active medium, it can provide secondary radiation sources in the IR, visible, and ULF/ ELF /VLF ranges.

They can act as specular field aligned scatterers (FAS) that reflect frequencies from HF to UHF in a highly directional manner. The FAS could modify the signals traversing them as well as provide new com- munication links.

link

Please at least read the links I post, I at least do that when you post something.

Generally all your doing is derailing.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Warpthal

on his death the US Government rushed in and seized and classified his work so top secret it has yet to be revealed. And they continue to do so with so many patents in EM.

This statement isn't correct. When Tesla died, the US government held all his papers and notes. All his notes were to be shipped back to former Yugoslavia.

Actually I am correct, only some of his papers were returned. Some went missing the day of his death, some were never returned by the military:

The morning after the inventor's death, his nephew Sava Kosanovic´ hurried to his uncle's room at the Hotel New Yorker. He was an up-and-coming Yugoslav official with suspected connections to the communist party in his country. By the time he arrived, Tesla's body had already been removed, and Kosanovic´ suspected that someone had already gone through his uncle's effects. Technical papers were missing as well as a black notebook he knew Tesla kept—a notebook with several hundred pages, some of which were marked "Government."
P. E. Foxworth, assistant director of the New York FBI office, was called in to investigate. According to Foxworth, the government was "vitally interested" in preserving Tesla's papers. Two days after Tesla's death, representatives of the Office of Alien Property went to his room at the New Yorker Hotel and seized all his possessions.

Just after World War II, there was a renewed interest in beam weapons. Copies of Tesla's papers on particle beam weaponry were sent to Patterson Air Force Base in Dayton, Ohio. An operation code-named "Project Nick" was heavily funded and placed under the command of Brigadier General L. C. Craigie to test the feasibility of Tesla's concept. Details of the experiments were never published, and the project was apparently discontinued. But something peculiar happened. The copies of Tesla's papers disappeared and nobody knows what happened to them.

PBS link

Sorry, I was correct.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   

I didn't switch arguments. I specifically addressed your points. I clarified what the patent you referred to is about.

I guess you didn't notice that I said that HAARP can be used to produce ELF and VLF radiation in the ionosphere.

You can call it a "mirror" if you wish but scattering doesn't really make a very effective mirror. The signal becomes quite diluted in the process. But you'll notice that the "mirror" is created by HAARP and it is above the HAARP site. You'll notice that it's talking about using that "mirror" for communications. The ionosphere does that all by itself, that's why shortwave radio can be used over great distances. This is talking about not depending on the ionosphere to do it by itself.

Speaking of obfuscation, can you explain why you included infrasound in a discussion of Schumann resonances (which involve electromagnetic radiation, not sound)?

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Sorry, I was correct.

Are you sure?

Just after World War II, there was a renewed interest in beam weapons. Copies of Tesla's papers on particle beam weaponry were sent to Patterson Air Force Base in Dayton, Ohio. An operation code-named "Project Nick" was heavily funded and placed under the command of Brigadier General L. C. Craigie to test the feasibility of Tesla's concept. Details of the experiments were never published, and the project was apparently discontinued. But something peculiar happened. The copies of Tesla's papers disappeared and nobody knows what happened to them.

The originals are at the Nikola Tesla Museum.
Tesla Museum

Here's a bit about it.
Death Ray

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
This thread caught my attention as I'm exposed to high EMFs every day. I work on a 1.5 T MRI scanner, and have had patients tell me of strange sensations they've had while at the centre. Despite the claustrophobia many experience, most feel so relaxed they fall asleep even with all the noise. Others say they felt like they were floating. Depends what kind of scan you have, but I'd be interested to hear ATS members experiences

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   

I didn't switch arguments. I specifically addressed your points. I clarified what the patent you referred to is about.

I guess you didn't notice that I said that HAARP can be used to produce ELF and VLF radiation in the ionosphere.

You can call it a "mirror" if you which but scattering doesn't really make a very effective mirror. The signal becomes quite diluted in the process. But you'll notice that the "mirror" is created by HAARP and it is above the HAARP site. You'll notice that it's talking about using that "mirror" for communications. The ionosphere does that all by itself, that's why shortwave radio can be used over great distances. This is talking about not depending on the ionosphere to do it by itself.

Speaking of obfuscation, can you explain why you included infrasound in a discussion of Schumann resonances (which involve electromagnetic radiation, not sound)?

phage - it can only work strait up, it can't produce any of the waves you say
piano - here is proof it can be aimed anywhere they want and produce the waves
phage - only poorly, and it only goes strait up, it can't produce any of the waves you say...
piano- glad our government spends billions on systems that don't work
and they can't really aim systems they say they can aim... /end sacrasm

I'll trust atsers are familiar with your tactics. I'm sick of them.

Sorry, I was correct.

Are you sure?

The originals are at the Nikola Tesla Museum.
www.tesla-museum.org.../b&opc=sub6

Here's a bit about it.
www.tfcbooks.com...&a_011.htm

The first half of my post on the PBS link which you ignore states papers were missing THE DAY HE DIED. There is lots of information on all this, you just sidetrack and misquote.

The morning after the inventor's death, his nephew Sava Kosanovic´ hurried to his uncle's room at the Hotel New Yorker. He was an up-and-coming Yugoslav official with suspected connections to the communist party in his country. By the time he arrived, Tesla's body had already been removed, and Kosanovic´ suspected that someone had already gone through his uncle's effects. Technical papers were missing as well as a black notebook he knew Tesla kept—a notebook with several hundred pages, some of which were marked "Government."
P. E. Foxworth, assistant director of the New York FBI office, was called in to investigate. According to Foxworth, the government was "vitally interested" in preserving Tesla's papers. Two days after Tesla's death, representatives of the Office of Alien Property went to his room at the New Yorker Hotel and seized all his possessions.

link

sorry phage I'm done arguing with you, it's futile and pointless. Your now on ignore...

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Hiya PianoMan!
I followed a thread a while ago (forgotten it now...) which was posing the possibilities of using binaural frequencies to perform healing and eliminate pain.
I thought, what the heck, I've been in chronic pain for a decade now, what is there to lose. So I set about putting it on everyday for a week.
The results for ME were......... pretty much nothing.
I found no reduction in pain levels at all. That got me bummed especially since medicinal mj is illegal in my state!

So what did I conclude?? Well, I think perhaps there is a great deal of placebo heaped into peoples ears. If it makes them feel better, thats great, but it lacks consistency in results which makes it hard to scientifically prove. So, when it comes to mass mind control, perhaps it can work, we have iron pumping in our blood and whizzing about the brain... But I think there is such a diversity in brain behavior there is always going to be those that remain unaffected.

It sure is an interesting topic, at an atomic level we are all buzzing along in our little worlds, vibrating away and frequencies in music pull us into diverse groups. How else can Bieber be explained???

edit on 26-2-2012 by Qumulys because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Schumann resonances are strongest in the ionosphere and upper atmosphere.

Our heads are here on earth.

Although there is some overlap of frequency range, the spatial separation would tend to indicate that these are separate phenomena.

Similarly, one is a high voltage phenomena and the other is very low voltage phenomena.

One is a radiant EM phenomena and the other is an oscillation in electrical potential over very short scales.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by OccamAssassin

every wonder why all those Iraqi’s just gave up?

Iraq War

They just gave up?

What planet are you living on?

I think he's referring to the Gulf War when President Bush Sr. was in office.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Qumulys

Well thats all fine and perhaps good, maybe your experiments were lacking results.
You didnt share the scientific mentods you used, I noticed.

However I really must take exception to the idea that measurements of The Resonance
are unimportant, and its importance could be overestimated, to the point of a placebo effect.

Your aware that even NASA found the absolute nessecity of the Earths Heartbeat?

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Wow, that's a great thread, thanks! I knew something about frequencies that have influence on brain before, but not even close to what I have just learned from your thread! I found the experiment (god helmet) you embeded in a video the most revealing of all! I have a theory about the actuall experiment:

I believe that during the experiment, brain did not imagined God but the consciousness changed it's state to another frequency range and encountered god or whatever it is for real. BUT - due to our brain, the picture is distorted - and that's why every individual gets a slightly different vision of god. Consciousness vision could not be fully transmited to our mind, so brain altered it to understandable version implanted by religion.

To conclude: Perhaps the user of that helmet gets a glimpse of another dimension, but our abilitie to 'read' signal from another dimension is limited because of our way of life and possibly because of Atlas disorder wich supresses the flow of energy thorugh our body causing headechs, illnes, etc... who knows!

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
The OP in no manner connected infrasound and EM and infrasound. The connection he pointed out was in the FREQUENCIES and pointed out the POSSIBILITY of their being important to conscious experience. I suggest certain people need to read more carefully in lieu of being argumentative. Th OP points out that certain standing wave frequencies between upper atmosphere and ground (Schumann resonances) have similar frequencies to certain brainwave frequency AND then separately discusses a sound pattern linked with perceived paranormal phenomenon and provides good link in support. Read before you troll people!

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Great read, very informative and I agree that the purpose of HAARP is to produce docility in a population.

But yea you did kind of switch from electromagnetism and sound haha, good thing they're intertwined!

Sonoluminesence

You should read up on ultraweak light emission by organic tissues (biophotons)

Ultrasound and biophoton emission

Biophotons and consciousness

The vibrations stimulate electrons in the outer energy levels.Certain ultrasonic frequencies produce a natural overtone of the weak electromagnetic fields.

I found this really interesting study done on ultrasound irradiation of the pineal gland. You know how they put flouride in the water? It causes the calcification of the pineal gland. Well it turns out the noncentrosymmetrical properties of calcium doubled the light input. Like you said, this has huge implifications of altering states of consciousness.

Piezoelectricity and the Pineal
edit on 26-2-2012 by CaptainNemo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Reading this thread gave my left leg some tingles,,,I'm tryna focus on moving them around as though I am in control of the energy. My root chakra argued with the word control....maybe a sage could help me maybe I have the answers inside? Will keep bumping my shuman waves tho....just difficult to expand on

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
This makes me think about DRG files, those things have quite the impact............ on me at least.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Our total being responds to the song of the UNIVERSE. Through Touch we exchange this alignment and attunement of Cosmic-inspired wonderment. We are the transducers of this Light. *url

Originally posted by chr0naut

Schumann resonances are strongest in the ionosphere and upper atmosphere.

Our heads are here on earth.

Although there is some overlap of frequency range, the spatial separation would tend to indicate that these are separate phenomena.

Perhaps I am missing the scientific data behind your statement.
Could you explain the experiences of the NASA Astronauts?

How does the Universe communicate with Itself, and hence to its life forms, unhampered by time dependency?

The electromagnetic wave theory of gravity will be used to demonstrate intergalactic information wave coupling via instantaneous longitudinal transmissions into and out of the Solar system.

With the plotting of Solar system resonance's, interplanetary coupling, magnetospheric and Schumann resonances, and free geomagnetic oscillations of the Earth, we will begin to understand how this cosmic information becomes available to human bioenergies.

www.lunarplanner.com...

The NASA astronauts have all described altering experiences when
immersed within new energy references, away from the familiar Earth surface.

That is why NASA has provided the duplication of the resonance on all space flights.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join