It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Armageddon Conspiracy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   
I was watching a conspiracy documentary and I do not really take them too seriously unless they are presented in a coherent manner, backed by good evidence with a logical appraisal of that evidence. Anyway, it was talking about the culling of the human race in the near future via virus,' famines, wars, deliberate plagues, through centralizing the population zones and wiping large portions of us out. Now, the evidence was presented in a logical manner and the rationale seemed quite plausable, which got me thinking!

What if the Apocalyptic/Armageddon stories/prophecies, were written into the major religions because the creators of these works, who ever they might actually have been, knew that the human mind would obsess over such prophecies and eventual fulfill them via what Psychologists call, the 'self-fulfilling prophecy!' That is to say, that once a major apocalyptic religion spreads throughout the most powerful society, i.e The U.S, the leaders of that nation would become paranoid religionists, bent on fulfilling the armageddon prophecies, due to the psychological pressures inherent within belief and to avoid disconfirming those beliefs.

Just a thought!

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Mate if you could, can you post the vid that has compelled you to write this thread

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by mikesherlock

Jews dont believe in the new testament.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Have you heard about the humanized bird flu? Bird flu is originally passed on by birds right? But scientists have found out how to spread it through humans. They did this so that is the virus ever evolved enough to affect humans they would be able to come up with a vaccine to fight it. But in order to develop such a vacine they have to publish how to humanize the virus to the world.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Neocrusader

I imagine it was a tv documentary as are most of the things I've seen on topics like this.

But yeah, the only apocalyptic scenario I can recall is that in the Bible but it was written as a fantasy piece but meant to inspire revolution against the Roman leaders of the time and not a prophecy of future events.

Otherwise, could be a good theory.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by vaelamin
reply to post by mikesherlock

Jews dont believe in the new testament.

The Jews should believe in an Armageddon event. The day of God is mentioned in Isaiah. It's just not called Armageddon in Isaiah.

new topics

top topics

join