It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Big Island of Hawaii will Explode?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Before anyone reads further, i strongly suggest and request that everyone familiarize themselves with:
TYPES of Volcanic Eruptions

Please note the VEI, or Volcanic Explosivity Index.
Note also where 'Hawaiian' pretty much has a category of it's very own down at the very bottom of the scale.

Please, when discussing volcanic activity, know, or at least be familiar with some of the subject matter.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 05:21 AM
link   
okay, my apologies for kinda steering your thread a little off topic there, here are my friends quotes relating to the odd earthquake, she lives in the Puna district so very close to the epicenter.

it DID NOT feel like an earthquake.. a quick jolt, like a shockwave, then a loud distant rumbling sound...

it didnt sound or feel like an earthquake. it was like a rumble and no after shocks.. weirrrrrrd

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by timetothink
I hope it's not karma for inflicting us with Obama.

Entirely different island (and karma).

On topic, there have been earthquake swarms in the volcano region in the past few days. Dozens of small quakes. Nothing large, but the frequency is enough to warrant observation.

Weirdly ironic, given the topic (and question asked) in the OP, but I have a friend who is supposed to visit me on the Big Island in a few days. Last month, I said, "Hopefully I'll see you in a month, if the volcano doesn't blow." I meant it as a joke, but it doesn't seem so funny now...

ETA: Map of recent quakes: tux.wr.usgs.gov...
edit on 25-2-2012 by VariableConstant because: added link

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by bladdersweat
okay, my apologies for kinda steering your thread a little off topic there, here are my friends quotes relating to the odd earthquake, she lives in the Puna district so very close to the epicenter.

it DID NOT feel like an earthquake.. a quick jolt, like a shockwave, then a loud distant rumbling sound...

it didnt sound or feel like an earthquake. it was like a rumble and no after shocks.. weirrrrrrd
No apologies needed,it's ok.

The only question is like this.

How to address people:

-no reason to worry nothing will happen, and after a short period of time then you may wake up with the event.

-or stay alert and prepared to see if there are signs and appropriate measure should be taken before.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by VariableConstant

Weirdly ironic, given the topic (and question asked) in the OP, but I have a friend who is supposed to visit me on the Big Island in a few days. Last month, I said "Hopefully I'll see you in a month, if the volcano doesn't blow." I meant it as a joke, but it doesn't seem so funny now...
Indeed very weird.

Sometimes the truth before future events came with jokes we made.

Strange how in the past two days there are dozens of EQ's according to the map you provided.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Maybe there was an underground base exploded by one faction or other....I am sure the siesmic record would show the difference between an earth tremblor and an explosion deep down.....
The next possibility is magma being forced up wards?
Or even gasses released explosively somehow.....
Well have to check with ben Fulford on the base......

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Discussing a topic does not involve something to happen in the near future, but that does not mean the subject is so topical.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by stirling

The next possibility is magma being forced up wards?

Or even gasses released explosively somehow.....
Or a new bag of lava and gasses formed somewhere waiting to explode.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by stirling

I am sure the siesmic record would show the difference between an earth tremblor and an explosion deep down...
This is the seismic record for the past two days.

An earthquake swarm on Hawaii island was recorded early this morning, causing more than 60 minor earthquakes, 14 of them greater than magnitude 2, according to the U.S. Geological Survey.
The seismic swarm began at about 1:17 a.m. today, and were located about three miles north-northwest of Kilauea volcano's summit.
The swarm was still continuing as of 3 p.m. Most of the earthquakes were not felt by Hawaii island. The USGS' "Did you feel it?" website received less than 10 felt reports in the first 12 hours of the swarm. The earthquakes are located along the Ka'oiki Pali, a southeast-dipping normal fault near the boundary between Mauna Loa and Kilauea volcanoes.
Previous earthquake swarms have occurred along the Ka'oiki area in 1990, 1993, 1997 and 2006. The swarms lasted anywhere from between a day to several weeks, much of them rarely exceeding magnitude 4
source(www.staradvertiser.com...

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Look at the date of this prediction. Crazy I know.

Tuesday, February 21, 2012 GOD's warning to Puna Hawaii #55 - This week a loud noise will be heard in Puna Hawaii. The ground will shake. JMS777 VS DDSD

Guys our atmosphere is changing, our Solar System is changing and we will see more dramatic Earth changes before it's all said and done.

Fireballs can cause this sound, shake the ground and sometimes even cause a flashing light when it hits the surface as some of us saw in the Florida video when the strange noises began to flourish globally.

We are witnessing the beginning of what may indeed be a bumpy ride for our Planet.

There is not a shred of fear nor fear mongering in my words. It is REAL as REAL gets.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I don't believe that a 100% chance that it will not explode is accurate.
While i agree that science and history tells us that it more than likely will not explode but we are living in a crazy upside down backwards world now.So fasten your seat belts because reguardless of what exactly the changes will be does not negate the fact that changes are coming.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by deadeyedick

I don't believe that a 100% chance that it will not explode is accurate.
As time prediction is very difficult to say,as percentage is a matter of time.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

Guys our atmosphere is changing, our Solar System is changing and we will see more dramatic Earth changes before it's all said and done.
Everything is changing and change is happening as each feels, but real change comes stealthily.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by diamondsmith
reply to post by MamaJ

Everything is changing and change is happening as each feels, but real change comes stealthily.

Sooooo true! Check out this link from our own ATS! It's from 2005!! It may interest you.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I used to live there. Doubt there will be an explosion but that part of the island is supposedly on a shelf or something and could fall into the ocean

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

Where did you find that? Please send it to me U2U so I don't forget.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by bladdersweat
they don't call it the big island for nothing, i live on the west side of the island about 200 miles from Kilauea volcano

Umm, the island is only 93 miles wide at its widest point. Can you explain how you are 200 miles away? Even from Kapaau, driving via Hilo, it's only 103 miles...
edit on 25-2-2012 by gavron because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by bladdersweat

i'm from the big island! this action shot was just taken the other day by a friend, of lava entering the ocean surf!

You consider May 9, 2010 to be "the other day"?
It's considered stealing to remove watermarks from photographs and post them on the internet.
lavalightgalleries.blogspot.com...

As pointed out, you can't get 200 miles from Kilauea and still be on Hawaii. 200 miles to the northwest would put you in the Molokai channel, not quite far enough to reach Oahu.

edit on 2/25/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Thread closed for investigation

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join