It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Big Island of Hawaii will Explode?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 04:17 AM
link   
When the noise and the shaking is very deep and unexplained something is very wrong.

Especially in the light of latest tremors,can not be neglected.
Earthquakes are very frequent in this area,but this time could be different.

because

Civil Defense says a number of agencies have no explanation for “quake” before 9 a.m.

Video by Daryl Lee PUNA, Hawaii: A noisy, unexplained shaking in the Puna area of Hawaii Island remains a mystery at this time, but it certainly has the area talking.
A number of people in a triangular area between Seaview Estates, Leilani Estates, and Black Sand Beach Subdivision report hearing a thunder-like sound, or an explosion, and feeling the ground shake around 9 a.m. on Wednesday. Folks leaving comments on the popular Punaweb forum are saying it happened around 8:42 a.m.
source(www.bigislandvideonews.com...

Magnitude 4.3
Date-Time Friday, February 24, 2012 at 13:52:45 UTC Friday, February 24, 2012 at 03:52:45 AM at epicenter Time of Earthquake in other Time Zones
Location 19.435°N, 155.311°W
Depth 6.4 km (4.0 miles)
Region ISLAND OF HAWAII, HAWAII
Distances 8 km (5 miles) WSW (258°) from Volcano, HI 19 km (12 miles) WSW (258°) from Fern Forest, HI 21 km (13 miles) WSW (237°) from Mountain View, HI 38 km (24 miles) SW (218°) from Hilo, HI 335 km (208 miles) SE (128°) from Honolulu, HI
Location Uncertainty horizontal +/- 0.3 km (0.2 miles); depth +/- 0.5 km (0.3 miles)
Parameters Nph= 62, Dmin=3 km, Rmss=0.11 sec, Gp= 47°, M-type=local magnitude (ML), Version=3
U.S. Geological Survey, Hawaiian Volcano Observatory Hawaii National Park, Hawaii
source(earthquake.usgs.gov...

Who can warn these people and evacuate them in time and safely.

John Drummond, the acting administrator of the Hawaii County Civil Defense, says that the incident cannot be explained at this point in time.
Drummond says that he spoke to operators of Puna Geothermal Venture, the USGS Hawaiian Volcano Observatory, and personnel on the ground… no one has an explanation.
One theory being considered is some sort of sonic boom, although who or what could have produced such an effect is presently unknown.
News videographer Daryl Lee, who says he felt the shaking in Hawaiian Paradise Park, immediately hit the road in search of the source of the rumble. What he found were many folks around Puna makai who felt the same thing… but no answers.
source(www.bigislandvideonews.com...

Inside Earth many things are happening but before there are signs.

The noise is very worrying.

The problem is, when we know a big event will occur?

Do not forget Santorini.

edit on 25-2-2012 by diamondsmith because: is

edit on 25-2-2012 by diamondsmith because: add

edit on 25-2-2012 by diamondsmith because: Title

edit on 25-2-2012 by diamondsmith because: add

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 04:22 AM
link   
I hope it's not karma for inflicting us with Obama.

But seriously, I hope it is not going to go boom.....stay safe out there.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by diamondsmith

Is the Big Island of Hawaii going to Explode?
Probably not.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenCircles

Is the Big Island of Hawaii going to Explode?
Probably not.
I hope not,the important thing is to somehow know before and evacuate them.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenCircles

Earthquakes happen all the time there.

edit on 25-2-2012 by diamondsmith because: md

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by timetothink
I hope it's not karma for inflicting us with Obama.

I don't think it has to do with politics.

But seriously, I hope it is not going to go boom.....stay safe out there.

I hope not too,though so many events in a short period of time.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Nope it is not possible that it can explode, because, i don't know... but sure it will not explode...

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 04:34 AM
link   
The Big Island of Hawaii will Explode?

I can say with 100% certainty; NOPE.

It's not the explosive kind of volcanic activity you find with St. Helens, Krakatoa, Vesuvius, Ranier, etc.

The volcanic activity is a hot spot.
The whole Island chain is a result of this hot spot activity and tectonic movement.

You ca cite 20 dozen hundred more different sources saying it might happen, and it WILL NOT.

100% NO Explosion.

Sorry.
Thems That.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 04:37 AM
link   
reply to post by BookofKnowledge

but sure it will not explode
I want to be sure,but let's not forget Santorini and what signs were before.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 04:42 AM
link   
reply to post by nineix

You ca cite 20 dozen hundred more different sources saying it might happen, and it WILL NOT.

100% NO Explosion.
Is not in their power to know before.

I hope will not explode,but again who will warn those people if.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 04:46 AM
link   
wow look what a Hawaii resident recently wrote:

"I live in Hawaii and I have never seen this before. USGS is not reporting all the activity bcs quakewatch only reported 28 tremors the first day we really had a swarm but the news reported 60. Not that long ago a geologist did a report that if there were to be a major erruption or volcanic activity the number of tremors would actually increase to a hundred or hundreds per day.. I think that's where we are headed very quickly."

"STRANGE SOUNDS REPORTED NEAR VOLCANO Puna area on Hawaii Island shaken by mysterious force A noisy, unexplained shaking in the Puna area of Hawaii Island certainly has the area talking. People report hearing a thunder-like sound, or an explosion, and feeling the ground shake around 9 a.m. on Wednesday. John Drummond, the acting administrator of the Hawaii County Civil Defense, says that the incident cannot be explained at this point in time."

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by ignant

I wonder who were the signs before Santorini,even they are different as structure.

Santorini is essentially what remains after an enormous volcanic explosion that destroyed the earliest settlements, on a formerly single island, and created the current geological caldera.
A giant central, rectangular lagoon, which measures about 12 by 7 km (7.5 by 4.3 mi), is surrounded by 300 m (980 ft) high, steep cliffs on three sides.
The main island slopes downward to the Aegean Sea. On the fourth side, the lagoon is separated from the sea by another much smaller island called Therasia; the lagoon is connected to the sea in two places, in the northwest and southwest.
The caldera being 400m deep makes it impossible for all but the largest ships to anchor anywhere in the protected bay; there is, however, a newly built marina in Vlychada on the southwestern coast. The principal port is called Athinias. The capital, Fira, clings to the top of the cliff looking down on the lagoon. The volcanic rocks present from the prior eruptions feature olivine and have a notably small presence of hornblende.[2]
source(en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 04:58 AM
link   
i'm from the big island! this action shot was just taken the other day by a friend, of lava entering the ocean surf!

they don't call it the big island for nothing, i live on the west side of the island about 200 miles from Kilauea volcano

edit on 2/25/2012 by bladdersweat because: (no reason given)

here is a webcam link to watch all the activity live, mind you kilauea has been in eruption phase for over 29 years continuously erupting in the eastern rift-zone since 1983, making it the longest rift-zone eruption of the last 200 years. Halema'uma'u webcam
edit on 2/25/2012 by bladdersweat because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 05:04 AM
link   
reply to post by bladdersweat

this action shot was just taken the other day by a friend, of lava entering the ocean surf!
It's that normal?

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 05:04 AM
link   

this action shot was just taken the other day by a friend, of lava entering the ocean surf!
It's that normal?

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by diamondsmith

It's that normal?

Yes it is very normal.

The Hawaiian islands are constantly growing.

Soon there will be another fresher, newer island added. It's happening right now.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 05:11 AM
link   

i did feel that fast blast of an earthquake the other day myself, but no associated sounds as i live pretty far from the active part of the island, but i did see a friend of mine make a fb post on how weird she thought this fast quake was and she did comment on a sound like a freight train..

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 05:14 AM
link   
reply to post by nineix

yup, we have a small submerged island off our south east shore, called Loihi seamount

hvo.wr.usgs.gov...

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 05:15 AM
link   
reply to post by nineix

Yes it is very normal. The Hawaiian islands are constantly growing. Soon there will be another fresher, newer island added. It's happening right now.
Volcanoes are unpredictable.

Explosive again?
Kilauea is currently in a lava flow mode, as it has been for the other 40 percent of the past 2,500 years. During these quieter periods, the volcano begins to rebuild itself by piling lava flow on top of lava flow.
Kilauea, however, could switch back to an explosive period without much warning, Swanson said, because scientists don't fully understand how these explosions begin.
These powerful and dangerous volcanic periods can last hundreds of years. "We don't know when the next period of explosive activity may start," Swanson said. "Is it a threat today? Ithink the answer is clearly yes," Swanson said. Whenever Kilauea returns to an explosive mode, a long-term evacuation of the summit, a popular vacation spot, will be necessary.
source(www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by bladdersweat

i did feel that fast blast of an earthquake the other day myself, but no associated sounds as i live pretty far from the active part of the island, but i did see a friend of mine make a fb post on how weird she thought this fast quake was and she did comment on a sound like a freight train..
Thanks for the info, it's good to know.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join