It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Orange sky

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   

I know its not the best picture in the world but its the best I can do till I get a real camera other then my iphone. The skys been pretty red the last couple of nights, so I thought I'd see if I could get a pic of it tonight. When I went outside though the sky was a light orange. Its around PA so if anybody can see it too much appreciated. Pretty bright for 10:30 PM during a new moon phase too, very cloudy to so that probably plays a part. Anybody know why its this color?
edit on 23-2-2012 by Brandon88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
One day last year in the winter time this happened on the horizon while i was at my friends house. It lasted til about 1am. We figured it was just lights being reflected from somewhere but it was very creepy.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Bonkrh

I was out at 4 AM one night and the sky was the deepest red I have ever seen. Scared the crap out of me I went right inside and locked the door.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Hmm first green glow yesterday:

Above Top Secret

Now orange. That's definitely weird. I wonder what would cause an orange sky such as in that pic?

Maybe lights near by or something along those lines?

Maybe it's some swamp gas and what your seeing is light refracting off of it from Venus?

In all seriousness I've never seen anything like it, you say it's near PA and that it's been happening the past 2 nights or so, so is there any new environmental changes in the area that started around that time?

This subject is not my specialty so I'll just leave it at that for now unless I think of anything else.....good luck in finding your answer as to what this could be

edit on 23-2-2012 by mosheh24 because: (no reason given)

Thought of something maybe unrelated but I hear they do a lot of Fracking in PA so are you near any wells? If so could possibly be chemicals interacting somehow with the atmosphere there?

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Moisture, possible thunderstorm.

www.accuweather.com...

I check the radar maps daily.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I took these when we had red sky here. Definitely cool to see. And your picture shot is awesome.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Brandon88

reply to post by Brandon88

Pretty amazing and strange. What would cause that? I wonder if it's from that huge CME blast the other day. I read that that might cause an aurora borealis effect but I didn't think that would include PA. I thought nearer to the north pole, like normally seen. Maybe we had another magnetic pole shift?

Great thread. Hope it turns out to be something innocent though.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by mosheh24

The skys been so many colors lately its starting to become an almost daily thing.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

That pics to the east opposite of the storm would the sky still be orange anyways?

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

Thats the type of red I've been seeing recently at night too around 12 and 1.
And those pics are awsome too thank you

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I just looked it up and I wonder if it's a temperature inversion from the warmer weather? You are experiencing a mild winter, right?
en.wikipedia.org...

To a certain degree, I blame most atmospheric anomalies on chemtrails and HAARP ! Seems like a safe bet.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

Thats what I was thinking maybe something CME related, I've been trying to keep track of it all. Skywatching at nights become a daily routine over the last 2 years and thank you for the good wishes on the thread.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien
To a certain degree, I blame most atmospheric anomalies on chemtrails and HAARP ! Seems like a safe bet.

Perhaps it's a combo of that and Fracking Chemicals in the air?? That's of course if any wells are near the OP's location of the Pic......and of course for the naysayers if chemtrails and HAARP are even real as well

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

Yes, veryy mild the high was 61 today. Been very warm all winter I even saw a butterfly today and Februarys not even over yet.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   
I don't think mine was CME related. I think it was either right before a storm hit us or after the storm hit us. I chalked it up to the sun going down, but the sun can't make the whole sky red. Can it? Not like that anyway.

Thank you

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
I don't think mine was CME related. I think it was either right before a storm hit us or after the storm hit us. I chalked it up to the sun going down, but the sun can't make the whole sky red. Can it? Not like that anyway.

Thank you

Wouldn't 10:30pm be a little late for it to be the Sun being the cause? It should have gone way past the Horizon to still have an effect like that right??

Ooops just saw your post, apologies didn't know you were referring to yours and not the OP's pic

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Hold on, let me find out what time I took those pictures. I was talking mine not the OPs,. I can't explain his. Bummer, I can't find find my DC images. Bah. These are the cropped ones.
edit on 23-2-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

Right, I can't even say sunset for this one, because if it was related to that it'd in the sky opposite of my vantage point. Unless like you said that it would light up the whole sky but I've never seen that happen before. And on top of it being almost 5 hours past sunset.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I wish I had the originals but I think that's when I lost everything on the computer and had to re-download them from a stored site. Bah. Wish I knew what time I took them. This was a long while back ago.I haven't seen that sky look in a long while.
edit on 23-2-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Thats what Im talking about recently I've seen the sky being different colors at all hours of the night. Way past or before any point where the sun would play a factor.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join