It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Idea for a new forum areas

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Honestly im getting tired of threads where you see a lot of people posting and like 1-3 people trying to debunk the posts in the thread like they are going to accomplish something in life by posting 20 times in a thread.

My idea for a new forum is a FACTS only forum where each individual can only post ONE post in a thread with all the FACTS they have accumlated on the subject. Also give moderators the ability to edit post if the person comes up with more facts for their post and they have PM'd a the moderator with what they need added/removed.

Then have a separate area where they can debate said facts in another other area and if the fact(s) in part of a post get proven false then they will be edited out.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by mojo2012
Honestly im getting tired of threads where you see a lot of people posting and like 1-3 people trying to debunk the posts in the thread like they are going to accomplish something in life by posting 20 times in a thread.

My idea for a new forum is a FACTS only forum where each individual can only post ONE post in a thread with all the FACTS they have accumlated on the subject. Also give moderators the ability to edit post if the person comes up with more facts for their post and they have PM'd a the moderator with what they need added/removed.

Then have a separate area where they can debate said facts in another other area and if the fact(s) in part of a post get proven false then they will be edited out.

You are assuming the ATS MODS have nothing but time on their hands. What you are proposing is a full time job, by someone not paid, to verify all *facts* posted. And monitor for trolls.....not going to happen. imoho...

Des

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

but some of the mods are paid, ats is part of a corporation that makes money by selling peoples info to other corporations like google analytics , quantcast and chartbeat

www.theabovenetwork.com...

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheGuyFawkes

but some of the mods are paid, ats is part of a corporation that makes money by selling peoples info to other corporations like google analytics , quantcast and chartbeat

www.theabovenetwork.com...

And...you have proof of this how.......To make such a claim, you must provide proof.

Your link is typical Business Layout...show me the MODS are paid.

Des
edit on 23-2-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   

probably going to get banned but oh well and why would they have this guys position if there not paid in some way Stephen Melzer, Chief Financial Officer:

edit on 23-2-2012 by TheGuyFawkes because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   

heres some of their mod accounts

Bill www.abovetopsecret.com...
Simon www.abovetopsecret.com...
Mark www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   

heres some of their mod accounts

Bill www.abovetopsecret.com...
Simon www.abovetopsecret.com...
Mark www.abovetopsecret.com...

Those are ATS profiles, nothing secret. Not pay stubs. What you are providing to prop up your claim, is nothing more than what we all have here. And, very typical business banter.....

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by TheGuyFawkes

Of course, corporate positions are paid...but you claimed that all the MODS here are paid positions....big difference.

Des

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   

when did i say all mods are paid i said some of the mods are paid

heres the unknow 4th amigo stephen www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   

when did i say all mods are paid i said some of the mods are paid

heres the unknow 4th amigo stephen www.abovetopsecret.com...

Another profile...so what......your back peddling is amusing....

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
What you are suggesting is called a Wiki.

And .. doesn't ATS already have one ?

Not that I had ever seen it put to any sort of use ..

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   

well i did give u the mod pages for the four corporate people on the site www.theabovenetwork.com... that are obviously paid and i never said all mods are paid so i think my work here is done

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by mojo2012

My idea for a new forum is a FACTS only forum where each individual can only post ONE post in a thread with all the FACTS they have accumlated on the subject.

That's a clever idea for a thread though I was thinking of also. But keep in mind what Neitzsche said, "There are no facts, only interpretations". Also if want the logical approach keep in mind some of life's tougher questions have have multiple correct answers. Just because you find one logical answer does not mean it's the only logical answer (people ALWAYS forget this). Maybe just start a thread called "LIFE: what are it's fundamental truths?"

If you want ideas like forums that will require work for the admins, then dangle a carrot.

Here's a decent Idea, Start a DIY forum that could have specialized advertising for survival gear, seed suppliers, tool companies, fishing supplies. This forum could have sub threads for fishing tricks, camping/survival/farming tricks, making your own energy, food and supplies.It would encourage self reliance, survival skills and community all while increasing revenues and popularity and usefulness. win win win! Many of the threads for this forum already exist and just need to be moved as a nice starting base.

If ATS wanted to do something incredible and HEROIC, that would be to help others with the tools to "deny ignorance". Basically just a few threads of simply written formulas and/or analogies of how to use the Hegelian dialectic to deduce reasonable answers, how logic really works on its most basic level and one example, and a list of the top 25 conspiracies ATS users believe are hoaxes. That way rational people can get down to business and irrational folks can see exactly how much ignorance hurts. Maybe even a huge page of testimonials from users who learned something both wild and awakening on this site. You folks wanna hire me yet, i have a knack for fixing things.

Staff is welcome to these ideas

new topics

top topics

join