It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Threatening Letters Claiming to Have "Pathogens" Sent to Senators, Media

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by John_Rodger_Cornman

I think they are trying to justify the cost of having senators get secret service like protection myself.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
So I noticed something odd...Whoever did this adopted the letters MIB as a handle.

Men In Black?

Furthermore the whole thing screams of a bad comic book. He randomly sends out the germs? Then He sends his demands to two comedians? I think this is someone who is insane.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
Most "spores" are not harmed by irradiation. I don't think they are doing it wide scale yet, mostly because it is costly, dangerous, and arguably ineffective.

ABC News Article

It is being used in some places though, such as Congressional Offices and Whitehouse.

Mail Irradiation, US EPA

Is my mail is being irradiated?
Currently only mail to the White House, Congressional offices, and federal government offices in the 202-205 Zip Code exchanges is being irradiated. Irradiation is taking place at facilities in Ohio and New Jersey.

Are there changes to the mail after it has been irradiated?
Yes. Irradiating mail at such high intensity creates new compounds, which can result in a different look, feel, and even smell. The potential health effects of these changes is unknown. Because of the intensity of the beam, mail often looks yellowed, and can become brittle. Book bindings may become brittle, and plastic may be discolored. Seeds, plants or other biological material will be sterile, and photographic film will be useless. Items such as gem stones may be altered, and computer disks, CDs, and some electronic equipment (like personal digital assistants) may be damaged.

Have people complained of health problems from irradiated mail?
Some postal and federal workers have complained of skin irritation and respiratory problems associated with exposure to irradiated mail. However, there are no established health effects from the mail, and investigations into a these complaints are ongoing.

ETA:
Thanks a lot guys for making me look that up. I'm sure googling the term, "Are anthrax spores killed by radiation" won't put me on any FBI lists.

edit on 23-2-2012 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

Don't worry I star'd you so you won't go down alone!!! LOL, strength in numbers right. But that was funny.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Athin

Then something is wrong. All government officials and military personnel letters are sent through a type of UV machine that basically destroys / changes DNA of cells on the package - inside effectively making them useless or not perform their intended function.

I have seen this myself. It looked like a tanning bed really .. a really old one perhaps? I dont know how it really works , i just know it passes through that machine before it gets to all military personnel and was told most political figures before they recieve mail , goes through this process.
edit on 23-2-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by milkyway12

Yeah I thought they used those U V machines myself.This will most likely fall into the False Flag pile,and as stated by another poster just a reason to approve something else on the hill.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by milkyway12

Maybe they do it for political mail only? Special people? I know for a fact they don't have that in Columbus, OH.

Maybe they do it right before it's sent or something I don't know.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Zombie virus or its full of fail!!!

Hopefully its just a "prank'. probably is actually.

I do get slightly annoyed..not like fuming, but more like eye rolling when I hear people talk about how "they" are doing this to install martial law
Been hearing this on ATS since the day I joined...some people are really paranoid. Not sure how they function in society.
If martial law was not declared on 9/12/2001, then a few letters that may or may not have some nasties in it won't do it either...so calm down

Now...should a big zombie outbreak happen.well, sure..but its not like you want to go clubbing in the center of a zed hoard anyhow.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join