It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Learn to write...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   
I am gonna be a bit obnoxious... all of us make typos. It happens cause some of us including me are not from an English speaking country.
Yet some typos are just straight out of boredom to care.
Ex.:
Lose... not LOOSE. Loose means something not tight.
Then and than. Big difference between them.
Could care less: If you could care less then you care enough...

Those are the ones that jump up mostly in my head. If you got more to add please do.

Had to take it out of my system. Thanks in advance.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   
There, Their, and They're are the most annoying misuses in my opinion. However, I try really hard not to be a Grammar Nazi

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   
i can write and have a pretty good command of the english language,but my keyboarding skills leave a lot to be desired!
for the most part,i agree with you.
what really annoys me is all the abbreviations!
i don't know what half of them mean!

for the longest time i thought lol meant lot of love!

any way while in rome,act like the romans!
peace

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by micmerci
There, Their, and They're are the most annoying misuses in my opinion. However, I try really hard not to be a Grammar Nazi
That is a hard row to hoe, holding back on the inner Grammar Nazi.

It can be irritating, reading those same mistakes over and over again. The lose/loose thing is very annoying to me, especially when you think about it, they are adding a letter to make it wrong.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Alda1981

Some people are not as educated in grammar as others are... big deal! When I read a post; I know what they mean and that is enough.

Really....why sweat the small stuff! Life is just too short.

By the way...your avatar...what is it anyway?

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

By the way...your avatar...what is it anyway?
I wondered what it was too.

Whatever it is, it does chew its popcorn with a very open mouth, which would irritate me if it was real and in the same room with me.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I could go on all day about this stuff. But there are two very opposing views, and we Grammar Nazis are in the clear minority.

I have to say, though, that if there's one thing that really gives me the yips, it's "who" and "whom." There seems to be a misapprehension that "who" is a kind of informal or substandard usage, and it's correct to replace it with "whom"--regardless of subject/object.

Now I know the disappointment and despair that must have been the constant companions of my grade-school teachers....

edit on 2/22/2012 by Ex_CT2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

you would be annoyed if you were in the same room with my avatar? that makes sense... although i ve recieved a lot of pms and compliments about the drama watching avatar

new topics

top topics

join