It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teachers as part of Health Plan get free comsetic surgery..hooray?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Should the teachers in good conscience waive this part of their insurance? There is a lot of blame to go around but I'm not sure if this specifically is part of the insurance plan as a whole or was this inserted through union negotiations..

"The sweet deal that all the 3,400 teachers in Buffalo are eligible to get under one of their insurance plan options, they are billed nothing for any plastic surgery procedure, such as botox, liposuction, tummy tucks, and there is no deductible."

"BUFFALO, NY (CNN) -- As thousands of teachers face layoffs across the country, teachers in Buffalo, New York are getting lipo? Yep. And nose jobs and whatever else they want. All on the taxpayers' dime. How is this happening? "

Yes a similiar post was made in 2010 by an ATS member...but it was worth repeating..notice the word negotiate..the union will not give up something without getting something..

I love this part below, notice is typical union fashion and I know because I use to be VP of my local..
"Do you feel as a gesture of good faith, the union should say, teachers, no more free plastic surgery?" Rumore responds, "It would be a wonderful gesture of good faith. We're willing to give it up. All the district has to do is come to the table and negotiate with us. But not willing to do it unilaterally."

Link

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Ok, do they get to pick their plastic surgeon? Hopefully if they need a lifesaving procedure such as heart bypass or even an organ donation that is covered too. Sadly I would not be surprised if those are not fully covered.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
But what about the children?
What if they have to face some hideously ugly teacher? Think how traumatized they might be.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
If it covers Phalloplasty I'm all for it. My self esteem would translate to better test scores.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by jrod

No they can pick the procedure...lipo, botox or a nose job or whatever else is considered plastic surgery...pretty sweet...

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by jawnaw2000

nice.....

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by chrismarco
reply to post by jrod

No they can pick the procedure...lipo, botox or a nose job or whatever else is considered plastic surgery...pretty sweet...

Duh, I wrote do they get to pick their surgeon, not the procedure.

On second thought if they do not fully cover lifesaving procedures it wouldn't be all bad for the school's budget. They will just replace him/her with a new teacher that they can pay less and not have no worry about the deceased teacher's pension.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by chrismarco

Whats more ironic is the school district is in the hole by about 6-7 million dollars.

Remember.. teachers looking good are more important than providing a good education.

new topics

top topics

join