It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Magical Long-Exposure FIREFLY Photos

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
These are gorgeous!
Here in the swamps of Michigan where I live, we get red, yellow, blue, green, and sometimes purple fireflies. Genetic mutations are so pretty sometimes!

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

and what does this have to do with conspiracies or any of the following

Fragile Earth: Discussion of climate change, pollution, and environment issues

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by lordbayfin

Well sometimes a moment of adoration for nature's fragile ecosystems and her creatures are part of Fragile Earth forum because so much of our natural world is disappearing or being transformed, and bringing attention to little gems of planetary wonder helps some appreciate our planet a little more. Conspiracy? Only in the sense of conspiring to admire and appreciate some beauty in our world.
There are numerous threads in Fragile Earth that simply convey gratitude for the complexity and splendor of our Earth's diversity.

Peace,
spec

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Some of my favorite childhood memories are triggered by fireflies. Thanks.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Thanks everyone who commented and I am glad these pics got so much exposure. It is nice to add some wonder to the gloom and doom sometimes, and these shots are genuine examples of natures best in aesthetics.
Many things dazzle the eyes here, and these lightening bugs are a part of so many people's memories. A natural phenomenon that tickles the soul and brings a smile.

Peace,
spec

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by lordbayfin

F'ing weak...

Where was SO supposed to put this - in Rant..?

Speaking of Rants, take your weak ass comments to BTS...there will be more sympathy for the dim-witted over there.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by facelift

Originally posted by lordbayfin

F'ing weak...

Where was SO supposed to put this - in Rant..?

Speaking of Rants, take your weak ass comments to BTS...there will be more sympathy for the dim-witted over there.

To add my $.02 to this, we have many moderators on this website who are perfectly able to do their jobs without your help lordbayfin. If you have some problem with this post you can ignore it, rant about it like facelift said, or if you are so overly concerned about it you can click the alert button and inform the mods of this blatant violation of the terms of this website.
Sheesh.

Offtopic - Facelift, seeing your signature - I never thought I would ever know of anyone else who could quote the Charm of Making from one of my favorite movies of all time.
Your signature, translated is:

Serpent's breath,
charm of death and life,
thy omen of making.

The tagline under my name is from the same movie and was Merlin's reply to Arthur when asked if he was now "just a dream."
edit on 22-2-2012 by tallcool1 because: grammar

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Man those pics are soo way cool! I love doing long exposure twilight pics. Never even thought to do it with night critters, just moon and water pics. Twilight, those fleeting moments between between the veils of perception -- gotta luv it!

And as for Lord Bayfin:

and what does this have to do with conspiracies or any of the following Fragile Earth: Discussion of climate change, pollution, and environment issues

Dude - If someone's gotta explain, you'd never understand

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
GOD I would love to see such a spectacle in person. I know it wouldn't be long exposure visibly, but I have always dreamed of seeing fireflies flittering about in the woods. It reminds me of the book Wild Robin, where a child is abducted by faerie folk. Somehow it evokes childhood memories of the illustrations.

We have fireflies here, but they don't take flight really and don't glow. (Too far west.)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
energy is always around us.

this is an incredible display of it.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
All I see are thousands of lights. Where are the Fireflies?

I know, I know. Just kidding.

I'm always fascinated by nature. The fact that fireflies use their luminescence to attract their mates is a marvel in and of itself. Shame us humans need looks and money to do that. I wish we were that simple.

It also reminds me alot of the movie "Avatar". Thanks for sharing.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Great post!! Love those pics!

Nature never ceases to amaze me!

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Simply wonderful...nature's true fireworks. Thanks for this post.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Maybe you should have put this in the paranormal section, I see a couple of mystery orbs in one of those pictures
. Lightning Bugs are some cool creatures.

S&F
edit on 2/22/2012 by Tundra because: S&F

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Tundra

Maybe you should have put this in the paranormal section, I see a couple of mystery orbs in one of those pictures .

I wondered if anyone else saw those. I think some of those orbs may be pacman ghosts.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

reply to post by kn0wh0w

Thanks for the kind words guys

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   

If we came across any pics of these chasing around random mysterious blue orbs. Then the earth can no longer deny the existence of Pacman. It's like sasquatch. Oh yeah, he's out there people!

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Beautiful photos and thanks for the share! S&F from me my friend.

Living in western Canada I have never had a chance to see a real firefly, so to see these pictures wow!

How fast do these little guys move because if a bee or fly or any bugs here had a light on them and I exposed a picture for anything but 1-3 seconds tops it would look like laser graffitti.

Amazing!

Pred...

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Oh and ignore people that are new to the site that try and tell you how it works.

I'm never sure why, but new people think they are the thread police.

Perfect forum to put this in.

Pred...

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

Hey pred, here is a vid that shows how fast, or should I say slow they fly. They also pulsate, and flash randomly, which adds to the effect.

They are quite the spectacle when they are out in numbers.

spec

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join