It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First-Ever, Free Health Clinic, for Shale Gas Drilling County.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Article-Pittsburgh Post Gazette

These poor people!! This is crazy, why would they drill to the point that they know it will effect the entire counties health? It's all about the money, right? Guess that's why they can afford to give their ginnie pigs free health care

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I just hope, after reading the story, that this is what it appears to be for a health center opened to get to the bottom of things. Some of the language and feel sure makes me want to see a list of people who worked to form this though. How many 'just happen' to be civil plaintiff's lawyers in their spare time? Hmmm.... This is a new wrinkle to follow, to be sure. Great catch on it!

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Yes I agree, seems a little creepy to me too. Almost like they think "Well let's tell these idiots up front that their eviorment isn't healty, but It's okay because we're gonna go ahead and give you free health care
!"

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by MidnightSunshine

Now...when they only acknowledge they cause earthquakes too with this type of drilling!...one step at a time I guess though!

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightSunshine
Article-Pittsburgh Post Gazette

These poor people!! This is crazy, why would they drill to the point that they know it will effect the entire counties health?

Because they can. Until just last week, they weren't charged an impact fee in PA, nor are they taxed. And the governor has signed over local control of who can drill where to the companies. Local communities no longer have any say in whether or not drilling is allowed in their communities. Drillers can now drill on school property, in school yards, playgrounds, community parks, anywhere they want. Now, they'll have to pay a fee to the district but local governments and residents will have NO say in who can drill where.

The original bill said that the drillers could seize property in order to drill. But what do you expect from a state whose governor's campaign was bought and paid for by the energy companies.

Basically this health care is a science project. They know there are impacts on health, they admit it. I guess they're trying to be good guys and get enough data so some grad student can get an MPH.

I'm no environmentalist, by the way, but I am a public health professional so I have a stake in what goes on here.

top topics

join