It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The voice of the Soldiers of the United States Military, mean Nothing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Yesterday, nearly 1000 active duty personal marched in Washington, turned their backs on the White House, rendered salutes and offered silence in remembrance to the fallen, dead and wounded soldiers. They were joined by hundreds more, and unanimously voiced their support for a presidential candidate. Was it covered by ANY media outlet? No. Just a mere mention by cbs, saying a few service members protested in front of the White House.

Many of these active duty service members showed up from around the country, in blatant defiance of orders, and many even going out side of the authorized distance from their home station without permission in order to attend something that was so important to them.

As a service member myself, I only regret not being able to attend. And i GREATLY respect and admire those who were there. And i WILL be at the next rally if there is one.

When it comes to foreign policy, it is the opinions of those on the front lines which matter above all else. Yet we are prohibited from attending such events, and when we do, our voices are silenced by media, who refuse to cover it, and broadcast our opinions, and our strength is downplayed, as being in the dozens. Our absentee ballots are rarely counted, our political views are silenced, and those of us who do speak out, are threatened with jail, or administrative action. meaning they take our money, up to a month pay, deny us time with our families, up to 45 days, sentenced to labor, anywhere from stupid tasks to hard labor, with only 4-6 hours off, for sleep. Then discharge from the military, all for what? We took an oath, and so did all politicians and police officials. To uphold and defend the constitution. But when they trample over it, and we speak out, or when we feel like there is NO OTHER CHOICE but to speak out and support the ONE candidate who wants to keep his oath, and restrict the government, we are threatened with UCMJ and discharge from the military. Our voices are silenced. But thanks to the internet (also now under attack) Our voices weren't completely silenced.

I call on all people on ATS to continue to post and re-post these videos (and any others you find) of the troops voicing their opinion, casting their vote on all social sites, and media outlets.

Even if you don't support Ron Paul, The fact that this got almost NO coverage is a shame. These soldiers are risking their freedom in their own homeland, to protect your freedoms.

edit on 21-2-2012 by resist2012 because: corrected link

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
The news was too busy covering a fight in Disney Land to cover this.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Things tried since the 1950s to change the corrupt system....

-Protests
-Marches on Washington
-Voting
-Strikes

Things tried that have been successful since the 1950s....

-Joining the corrupt system

new topics

join