It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Childhood Experience

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 03:45 AM
link   
I have a question about a strange phenomena that i remember from when i was about 4 or 5 years old.
We lived in an old terrace house in Croydon, and on about 20 or 30 occasions, when i went to bed i would hear a loud hissing noise with the sound of my heart beating, and i would see flashes of colour and light (with my eyes closed). Then i would be thrown out of my bed (maybe upto 2 meters) where i would curl up in terror until i fell asleep.
Iv given this a lot of thought and i still have no idea what it was. Has anyone else had a similar experience, and could maybe shed some light on it??

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 04:18 AM
link   
That's scary man. And a little too profound to be brushed off as a night terror. I would suggest seeking the help of a shaman.

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 06:58 AM
link   
that all sounds like somthing out of an exorcist film

maybe your possesed

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Can't believe I'm saying this but,
Maybe an earlier owner of the bed didn't want you to sleep there.

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by pennyforyourthoughts
Can't believe I'm saying this but,
Maybe an earlier owner of the bed didn't want you to sleep there.

Thats exactly what i thought. I had night terrors up until the age of about 16, but that was too wierd to be a bad dream. Maybe it was a poltergiest!

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 10:58 AM
link   
That sounds really creepy. Has anyone else slept in that bed such as a reletive or something and experienced something similer?

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Sounds very much like something paranormal,

As children we tend to be more receptive to this kind of thing,

Did anyone else in your family/house experience anything strange?

Once you moved from there did it stop? Or have you had any other strange experiences since,

Also might be fun to see if you can find out the history of the place,
Never know what you might find!

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Nobody in my family experienced anything wierd, nobody slept in that bed but me, and when we moved south it all stopped. (except the night terrors) but thats probably just psychological.

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Whats strange is i just got chills reading this. Whhen I was younger I would have the same feelings. Lately I have been having visions from when I was younger come back to me and the same feeling over come me.

I am 23 years old and reently moved back into my old room and some of the experiences ive had are comming back.

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by AllseeingEYE
I have a question about a strange phenomena that i remember from when i was about 4 or 5 years old.
We lived in an old terrace house in Croydon, and on about 20 or 30 occasions, when i went to bed i would hear a loud hissing noise with the sound of my heart beating, and i would see flashes of colour and light (with my eyes closed). Then i would be thrown out of my bed (maybe upto 2 meters) where i would curl up in terror until i fell asleep.
Iv given this a lot of thought and i still have no idea what it was. Has anyone else had a similar experience, and could maybe shed some light on it??

#1 I'd have to check my shorts!
#2 Fire is the great Purifyer, I would take the bed outside chop it up and burn it. Take that Poltergeist Suckas!!!! Put the mattress in storage if it is the old one the went with the bed.
#3 Sea Salt Tossed into the corners of the room, and pray over it however you feel most comfortable, whether that be in Jesus, or another spiritual enitity you feel close to. Heck Pray to them all! Why not put out the Cosmic S.O.S.!
#4, Learn Some Pyschic self defense. There actually is a book entitled just that Psychic Self defense.

#5 To be safe, yet again take that salt and sprinkle under your bed after you do all of the others.

#6 Move the position of your bed to another part of the room.

#7 Attempt to Record your experience, audio tape, Video, Webcam, whatever.

This advice is good for anyone, who has BedGeists, lol.

-ADHDsux4me

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Well, you had an out-of-body-experience. Perfectly 'normal' and nothing to be afraid of, certainly not possessed or anything. I've been trying to have a OOBE too but so far I got only to the hissing part and light flashes.

[edit on 29-9-2004 by Samiralfey]

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Samiralfey
Well, you had an out-of-body-experience. Perfectly 'normal' and nothing to be afraid of, certainly not possessed or anything. I've been trying to have a OOBE too but so far I got only to the hissing part and light flashes.

you reckon it was an out of body experience? What do you think would trigger something like that?
I was a very troubled child, and at that time my parents were going through divorce, and my brother was beating me up all the time.

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 05:09 AM
link   
Whatever it is you decide to do:

Seek Up - Dave Matthews

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by AllseeingEYE
you reckon it was an out of body experience? What do you think would trigger something like that?
I was a very troubled child, and at that time my parents were going through divorce, and my brother was beating me up all the time.

Yes, I would assume that your emotional stress and maybe lack of sleep etc. have triggered the OOBE. I read about a woman who had money problems, almost kicked out of aparment, kids etc. got OOBE because of this.

Now that you know what it was, try to make it happen again. it might be fun for a change

[edit on 29-9-2004 by Samiralfey]

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite8
Whatever it is you decide to do:

Seek Up - Dave Matthews

Who and why?

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 05:23 AM
link   
I was simply meaning to seek a higher power for some of these answers. You may have had an out fo body experience, you may have just been finding a way to deal with stress and anxiety, you may be having reoccuring nightmares that are being brought back by that room. I suggest moving out of the room or giving it a complete makeover.

Here are the lyrics to a Dave Matthew song Seek Up
------------------------------------------------
Sometimes I feel like I'm falling
Fall back again, fall back again,
Fall back again, fall back again
Oh, life it seems a struggle between
What we see, what we do
I'm not going to change my ways
Just to please you, or appease you
Inside a crowd, five billion proud
Willing to punch it out
Right, wrong, weak, strong
Ashes to ashes, all fall down
Look around about this roundabout
This merry-go-round and round
If at all God's gaze upon us falls
It's with a mischievous grin, look at him

Forget about the reasons and
The treasons we are seeking
Forget about the notion that
Our emotions can be kept at bay
Forget about being guilty,
We are innocent instead
For soon we will all find our lives swept away

Look at me in my fancy car
And my bank account
Oh, how I wish I could take it all down
Into my grave, I'd save and save
Take a look again, take a look again,
Take a look again at things you have collected
In the end it all ties up so tall
To one big nothing, one big nothing at all

Forget about the notion that our emotions can be
Swept away, kept at bay
Forget about being guilty, we are innocent instead

You seek up an emotion
And our cup is overflowing
You seek up an emotion,
Sometimes your well is dry
You're looking for a monster
For him to fight your wars for you
But when he finds his way to you,
The devil's not going ha, ha.. ha ha

Say, say

Late at night with TV's hungry child
His belly swells
Oh, for a price of a coke or a smoke
I could keep alive those hungry eyes
Take a look again, take a look again
Every day things change, but basically they stay the same

Forget about the notion that our emotions can be
Swept away, kept at bay
Forget about being guilty, we are innocent instead

You seek up an emotion
And our cup is overflowing
You seek up an emotion,
Sometimes your well is dry
You seek up a big monster
For him to fight your wars for you
But when he finds his way to you,
The devil's not going ha, ha.. ha ha

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Samiralfey
Now that you know what it was, try to make it happen again. it might be fun for a change

Yeah man, iv been trying for nearly a year now through meditation, visualisation and stuff! Iv learnt how to have lucid dreams now!

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Just in case anyone is interested......I believe now that these experiences I had as a child were Out Of Body Experiences. I read this thread -www.abovetopsecret.com... - and the description of the OOBE, especially the "whooshing sound" seemed to fit with my experience. Although im still not sure WHY I was poppin' out of my physical body at night. Any ideas??

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 08:32 PM
link   
all seeing eye i have the answer for you the place that you lived was haunted bye a very angry ghost it might of been confined to the room you slept in i know this because there have been such things before like in hawaii people used to go to bed then wake up outside of their house.

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 09:31 PM
link   
My odd childhood bedtime experiences stemmed from me waking up and watching some Native Americans sit around a campfire and throat singing. This went on for years and it made it difficult to sleep at times. (This was in Oklahoma).

I asked my mom and sister about it a while back (it had been over 20 years since the last occurance and we had moved as well) and they both gave me a look as if I had made something up.

Then there was that one time I saw the shadow of a gnome-like creature move across the wall carrying a sack or it could have been hunchback. While at my uncle's when I was younger there was that floating thing that came by the window.

new topics

top topics

join