It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Subliminal messeges hidden in our racial memories???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   
I watched spirit science new movie and heard an interesting arguement on this forum regarding why we only hear about "martians" in science fiction perhaps we are conditioned to not think about these things. So i pulled up to a stop sign while listening to the parts about mars and thought "theres alot of truth to this stuff perhaps". What if a stop sign could have a lot of symbolic meaning about the aspects of the martian involvement in our racial memory?

There could be many aspects of this that can be interpreted in different ways perhaps. Oh well food for thought :-)

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by PositivelyDetermined

I love this guy, Jordan D

Love his stuff to bits...

Nice post

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   
I hope when ancient humans stumble across a Scientology book they don't start taking it as fact.

Here's a explanation of how to measure the precession

curious.astro.cornell.edu...

The basic way to measure precession is to make accurate observations of the positions of fixed celestial objects over time. Hipparchus was the first person (at least where it is generally accepted) to have measured precession (in 134 BC). It is common to fix the position of stars relative to the point where the Sun crosses the celestial equator on the Autumnal Equinox (the day when there is exactly 12 hours of sunlight). Hipparchus noticed that the position of stars relative to this point had moved between his measurements and some similar measurements he had records of from 150 years previously. He reasoned that this must mean that the point of the equinox had moved and attributed this to the precession of the sphere of the stars (the Earth was fixed in his day). More modern measurements are exactly equivalent, but we can just measure positions more accurately now.

There are some claims that the Sumerians also measured precession, but I don't believe that they are commonly accepted. It seems to be based on the fact that they counted in multiples of 60 and that the length of the precession cycle is 26,000 years which is about 60*1200*360/1000 years. The 1200 and 360 also have some significance in Sumerian culture - interestingly the Sumerians gave us the degree (360 in a circle - they also had 360 days in their year) and the second/minute (there being 60 of them is no coincidence).

I can't find any reputable sites talking about the Sumerian precession. Only new-age type sites, and even those are very few with a small amount of information on it.
edit on 19-2-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by PositivelyDetermined

You really need a different title, this vid is incredible. I didnt think Id make it the whole hour. Now I want more.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I often wish I could locate more documented history referring to Afrika's ancient contrubution to today's global knowledge of earth and the heavens. It seems almost every class I've been in is tainted with the eurocentric ideology.

new topics

top topics

join