It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ADVICE: Hermann Goering

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   

The World Powers are playing the classic hand.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

Ah yes, the old ones are the best aren't they? Now, who's in for a little war in Iran? Back in time for Summer Holidays, I promise!

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
There is two shows on History today about the rise of the third reich. It is scary to watch and realize how those people were lead down that path. Then you think of the path we travel today. " Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it."

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

Yes, history always points the way. Trouble is no one ever looks. Well almost no one. I believe it was Goering who also said the people will believe anything if you repeat it enough.

Hitler on the other hand said two interesting things.

"The bigger the lie, the more people will believe it."

and

"If the Jews had not existed, we would have had to invent them." As in an enemy that is.

The interesting thing about history is that if you miss it the first time you get to see the re-runs, so to speak.

I have changed an old adage to read. Those who do not remember history are as though they were born yesterday.

Many similarities can also be found between the depression era and today, including the failed economic policy of this Administration. It's a repeat too!

top topics

join