It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Skinwalker Ranch ufo (or blown transformerS) knocks out power to entire town

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
link to news story

Reports of people seeing multi-colored lights filling the snow-covered skies over Fort Duchesne early Sunday morning have become a topic of debate in the Basin.....

link to forum discussion

discussion and some pictures can be seen on my website. I will have a featured commentary on the subject in the local newspaper which will print the full story this wednesday.
edit on 18-2-2012 by hiii_98 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Interesting.

Any word on the footprint photos and are they human?

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Ear-Responsible

i really should follow up today, i got overwhelmed with work on friday and forgot to call my local contact. the footprints would be amazing.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Too bad the video on the forum isn't of the "ship" rather than some guy just rambling about what he saw. Well at least now the guy is going to buy a video camera. Hmmh, after the power went out, it was totally silent. It was like, um, the power was out!

Using Occam's razor, I will vote for a blown transformer.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by gariac

i do as well, however it doesnt explain the multiple witnesses whom i interviewed by phone who are absolutely convinced they saw a SHIP above them in the coulds while the transformers where blowing. Now what i need your help on Gariac is the second persistant rumor is that there was multiple fighter jets and military plans seen buzzing the area after the supposed ufo left the scene. (some time after 6:30 am 2/12/2012) . Are flight paths recorded and is there a way to dispel or verify this claim?

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by hiii_98

You FOIA the radar and I assume the sooner the better. Note with some FOIA requests, the data is returned online rather than direct mailing. Basically the organization doesn't want to bother burning a CD and mailing it.

Here is a radar FOIA example:
www.foia.af.mil...

Now I used to know how to decode these. The three letter code is for the radar site. Sometimes it is at an airport, other times it refers to a remote radar site. [There are holes in radar coverage.] I'd say get the radar report. I know someone who knows how to decode radar report. The request should be a search defined as either a central point and radius or a box of latitude and longitude. The box should be northling, eastling, etc. In English, that just means (X1, Y1) (X1,Y2), (X2, Y1), and (X2,Y2).

Oh yeah, you can FOIA people who FOIA. Sometimes the names and addresses of FOIA requests show up online too. Be prepared to get in a government database.

Now some air traffic is logged on commercial websites. I maintain a list of such sites here:
www.inplanesight.org...
Unfortunately, these websites usually cover urban areas. So a FOIA to the USAF is the way to go. Having never done one of these myself for radar, I don't know the direct office. You can try to locate this yourself, or just FOIA the top level of the USAF and let them pass your request around. This is the main link:
www.foia.af.mil...
You need to tell them how much you want to spend. I think a radar search should be free. It is not like the data sits on microfiche in some hell hole. Someone does some computer magic to make the file, then they upload it.

Now your problem is what happens if they report no radar returns. Just who is the liar? Witness. USAF? Inconclusive?

It is my opinion that eyewitness testimony is only useful to know where to search for physical evidence. Eyewitness testimony is notoriously unreliable.

Come to think of it, the data comes from the FAA, but I've only seen these reports from the USAF. Maybe all radar requests go through the USAF so they can sanitize test aircraft flights. I'm sure if you asked for radar data over 60kft, you would get a reply that nothing is found, even though we know U2 flights are routinely flying that high.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
ubstandard.com...

story just published in the local newspaper. also this link (which for some reason isnt working for me...)

vernal.com...

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by hiii_98

A friend just told me about the skinwalker ranch and since then i have been reading all the backposts, i must say its utterly amazing, going out there must of been an amazing experience. im very interested in this place and will keep reading. thanks for all the info you have provided

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by hiii_98

A blown transformer would probably be one flash. If that was the case, I could understand the absence of video/photographic evidence, though security cameras may have caught something. Few people are ready at all times to take a quick photograph. The fact that the blown transformer is timed with the sightings nails it for me.

However, my interpretation of the testimony is the event was more than a flash. So with 90 witnesses, nobody took a photo? A why testify the event was more than a transitory flash. This is why I hate eyewitness testimony. People tend to see what they want to see.

Incidentally, youtube is full of cop car video "UFOs", which thus far seem to me to be meteors. But the more cameras that are out there, the greater likelihood something will be recorded.

And empty sky report from the radar vector FOIA will close the case.

join