It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook addiction!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I didn't think I had it but I guess I do .. I vowed this week to be a facebook free week, so I deactivated my account.. I then realized that all the games I play with friends on my iPhone suddenly weren't working anymore.. so I had to re-activate just for that ( I can't give up words with friends people ) ..

I think it's horrible how much the internet is stealing our lives away.. it's voluntary for sure, but it's something marketed to us for one, and pushed with peer pressure as well .. I literally wish we could have one week where the net was SHUT down all together so we could remember we're people and we live in the world around us.
edit on 2/17/2012 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

Two words...

Facebook sucks...

They have a new update or a new game for you to try every minute... and all of us have those friends who feel the need to update their facebook with their daily life activities... :bnghd:

I won't even start with the new "facebook timeline"... now that is a HUGE piece of malfunctioning piece of crap...

Its good as a means for comunicating with friends... but thats as far as i use it.

I actually never understood how people can sit on FB for hours... though i admit im guity of the same thing with ATS

At least here theres always something interesting to read...

Hm... i guess that was more then "two words" eh...

Rant over?

edit on 17-2-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

lol that's true, ATS is far more interesting and I do the same .. Facebook is family, friends, and old school mates so it's interesting but also annoying.. cat pictures, over used memes .. but I still find myself compelled to check it all the time.. I am also a programmer and I write some things for userscripts.org so I've found facebook to be a fun challenge to add features to .. but they change things so often.. Blargh.. never the less.. a week in the wilderness sounds really good right about now..

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by miniatus
reply to post by Akragon

lol that's true, ATS is far more interesting and I do the same .. Facebook is family, friends, and old school mates so it's interesting but also annoying.. cat pictures, over used memes .. but I still find myself compelled to check it all the time.. I am also a programmer and I write some things for userscripts.org so I've found facebook to be a fun challenge to add features to .. but they change things so often.. Blargh.. never the less.. a week in the wilderness sounds really good right about now..

Dude... i would kill for a campfire by the lake right about now...

Damn winter...

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by miniatus
I literally wish we could have one week where the net was SHUT down all together so we could remember we're people and we live in the world around us.

Well I just don't pay my ISP bill and get 4 days of free time

Or you can just wait till the 8'th and infect yourself with dns altering malware !! then get completely drunk so you forget how to fix it. lol

Can say I've never been addicted to anything on the net apart from some forums. and even they come and go.

facebook to me, feels like walking around naked in a park... and not in a naughty fun way !!

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   

cat pictures,

Cats and family is my only reason to go to Facebook.
I like cats where ever I find them

edit on 17-2-2012 by crazydaisy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

No joke! .. the summer is my happiest time because I'm outside FAR more .. I used to bike 40 miles a day and hike on the weekends with just me, the necessities and a camera.. the older I get, the more I am hating this digital world.. for many reasons..

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by mainidh
facebook to me, feels like walking around naked in a park... and not in a naughty fun way !!

That, my friend.. is BRILLIANT
lol

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazydaisy

cat pictures,

Cats and family is my only reason to go to Facebook.
I like cats where ever I find them

edit on 17-2-2012 by crazydaisy because: (no reason given)

lol Daisy, I love cats as well .. but I can't really use that as my justification for sticking with facebook right? .. "Facebook.. it sucks, but.. cats!"

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I have 2 rotting farms in farmville...haven't been back to them in well over a year. Old neighbors still email me begging me to come back and farm with them.....

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Or you can open your front door...and step outside.That bright light is called the sun..it won't hurt you I promise.
In other words no one is forcing you to use the internet or facebook

top topics

join