It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Humanoid Shape In Stonehenge

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Late last year I went to England, and as with most trips as a tourist to England, a visit to stonehenge ensued. I took some pictures, which of course is obligatory, but I also wanted to extinguish any doubt amongst my friends in case they didn't believe I went. I had to do the same when I visited Stratford-Upon-Avon and the grave of Shakespeare.

Anyway, when I uploaded the pictures to my computer, I noticed something interesting. There was a shape embeded in one of the stones, I'd characterize it as a rudimentary human form. There's probably nothing to it, and I'm inclined to blame it on a trick of shadows. It's been on my computer for a while now, but I thought it would at least bring some levity to a dull friday night. Without any further delay, here's the pictures:

The two pictures on top are taken from approximately the same angle, the third from another. I had to decrease the size of the pictures due to the restrictions. Aside from that they are unaltered.

This may be one of those threads you'd brush off as amusing, but of little significance, I know I would. But I had to post them in spite of how irrelevant it may be.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
interesting, could also be a result of an odd erosion pattern in the stone. very nice pictures though, I hope to be able to visit stone hinge at some point in my life. such a beautiful area. Thank you for the pictures.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by crimsongod21

could also be a result of an odd erosion pattern in the stone.

Maybe, but I doubt it. That is some massive erosion compared to the other stones, I think it's more likely it's a trick of light complemented by the curvature of the stone, although I'm not so sure of that either.

But yes! England is a fantastic place as long as one stay at the country side. And it's got a lot of interesting places.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Droogie

after re reading my post i am aware that i was unclear, i meant to say that it was a trick of light in play with strange erosion, sorry for the lack of clarity in my post. I agree England has some amazing places to explore im really hoping that some day i will make a trip over there to see all that i can see.

though i must admit the less logical side of me is getting um-excited at the possibilities of what the image could also be. A very interesting photograph to be sure.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
very odd looking indeed

maybe its an druid trying to come back

i wonder what the indent looks like in person and if its not just a trick of lights but actualy a humanoid imprint
edit on 17-2-2012 by trust_no_one because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Very weird, never heard of that shape at Stonehenge. It definitely looks man-made from your pictures, if it in fact is not erosion/light trick. Not that surprised.

Probably a star-gate where midget druids would press themselves against and disappear into another dimension. Hahaha, who knows!

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Pretty sure that's just a distinctive contour of one of the stones - here's another pic I found:

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by crimsongod21

i meant to say that it was a trick of light in play with strange erosion

That's what I suspect as well, and it seems that's our answer. I've never seen or heard it mentioned of before, which is interesting. Anyway, we can probably blame it on pareidolia.

Originally posted by trust_no_one
i wonder what the indent looks like in person and if its not just a trick of lights but actualy a humanoid imprint
edit on 17-2-2012 by trust_no_one because: (no reason given)

I brought it up in a conversation with my sister who was there with me, she mentioned she saw the shape while we were there, and it looked just the same as shown in the pictures in the OP.

Originally posted by ForbiddenHologram
Very weird, never heard of that shape at Stonehenge. It definitely looks man-made from your pictures, if it in fact is not erosion/light trick. Not that surprised.

I've never heard of it either, which is somewhat surprising considering how many people visit the place each year.

Probably a star-gate where midget druids would press themselves against and disappear into another dimension. Hahaha, who knows!

Hehe, that theory is as good as any, I guess!
edit on 18/2/12 by Droogie because: classified

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Wonder what if you fit yourself inside that cavity.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
ATS - Alien grey image at stone henge

Stonehenge is just a goofy place.. lol

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I think that humanoid shape is just nothing more than erosion.

When Stonehenge was first opened to the public it was possible for visitors to touch the stones and even climb on them.

Between 1972 and 1984, Stonehenge was the site of the Stonehenge Free Festival. The stoned and drunk new age revellers would often climb onto the stones during the festival.

After the Battle of the Beanfield in 1985 - when Wiltshire Police prevented a vehicle convoy of several hundred new age travellers, known as "The Convoy" and referred to in the media as the "Peace Convoy" from setting up at the 11th Stonehenge Free Festival - this use of the site was stopped.

However, it was noticed that some of the stones are suffering from serious erosion and, as a result, Stonehenge was roped of in 1977 - meaning those revellers at the Stonehenge Free Festival were stopped from clambering onto the stones. Visitors to the site now are not able to touch the stones but can walk amongst them a short distance away.

However, since 1999, English Heritage has permitted access during the summer and winter solstice - when revellers and druids welcome in the sunrise on the longest and shortest days of the year - and the spring and autumn equinox.

In the survey of conditions at 94 leading World Heritage Sites, 400 conservation and tourism experts ranked Stonehenge 75th in the list of destinations, declaring it to be "in moderate trouble".

edit on 26-2-2012 by Sicksicksick because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Droogie

Great catch though I think a "trick of the light" is most likely.

Intriguingly enough and whilst on the topic of pareidolia, if you look at the prominent center pair of rocks, at the top of the right hand rock in the pair I can quite clearly see Abraham Lincoln looking off to the left...

top topics

join