It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI Could Shut Down Internet For Thousands On March 8 To Eradicate Virus

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   

FBI Could Shut Down Internet For Thousands On March 8 To Eradicate Virus

www.theblaze.com

Computers still infected with DNSChanger are up against a countdown clock. As part of the DNSChanger botnet takedown, the feds secured a court order to replace the Trojan’s DNS infrastructure with surrogate, legitimate DNS servers. But those servers are only allowed to operate until March 8, 2012. Unless the court extends that order, any computers still infected with DNSChanger may no longer be able to browse the Web.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
This is the biggest bunch of bull I have ever read! The US government thinks that shutting off internet service at the location where MALWARE (not a VIRUS) was found will solve anything? Sounds more like they want to test their "internet kill switch" if you ask me. This is simply a false flag which will give them the opportunity to test it!

I routinely remove malware and spyware from infected computers. The bigger problem would be the WEBSITES that actually infect these computers. For instance, my children's computer picked up a nasty bug from disney.com a few years ago. The hackers using rotating ads on websites to spread their malicious software. You may visit a certain site 100 times and the infected ad may never load. The one time you go to the site and that infected ad comes up in the rotation BOOM, you're computer is now infected.

www.theblaze.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 17-2-2012 by DJDigitalGem because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
As this is a conspiracy forum I'm going to offer my take.

I thought I read somewhere recently here that early march was supposed to be a day of sacrifice for the elites. Something to do with their belief structure. Had to be a huge number of lives lost.

Well, if so this might be a way for something huge to happen without any interference on a global scale due to the internet being down.

Just my 2 cents

Carry on!

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
This is, at least, the 3rd thread I've seen about this same topic...but I'll throw in my conspiracy angle.

However vague and far fetched it may be.

March 8th is during the Holiday of Purim.

Purim is a Holiday with a history of...interesting occurrences.

revoltoftheplebs.wordpress.com...

Let's just say that I hope this shutdown has nothing to do with this.

EDIT: That link should be taken with a dash (bucket?) of salt. The added zero to the total number of Persians mentioned is a sick exaggeration right from the start. Still it does bring up some intersting things that have happened around that Holiday.
edit on 17-2-2012 by musicjunkie because: trying to not seem antisemitic

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
AAARGHHH...

You all deserve to have no internet since none of you can use search nor comprehed what the article is even saying.
I despair I really do.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I am all for less government intrusion especially when it come to the internet, but I think this can be a good thing. If the server is infected something needs to be done. This actually would help the internet, we all know there are way too many scammers/rogue programs all over the internet and this might be a step in the right direction.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I call bull**** on this one.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Please contribute additional comments to previously existing thread in Breaking Alternative News located here.

Thank you

Thread closed.

top topics

join