It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So Im On Anti Depressants....

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Pills are only part of the treatment, they help level out your moods instead of falling into a deep black depression, which I did, the results of which I ended up on suicide watch in hospital. Pills aren't the complete answer but they put you on a level playing field so you never drop so low to harm yourself.

I have to disagree with your last statement. Prolonged prescribed pill usage has led to many suicidal thoughts in patients. This has been documented and is a side effect of many of the leading pharmaceutical options.
edit on 15-2-2012 by bknapple32 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Theorynator
reply to post by thedarktower

im on schizophrenia medicine because the government planted nanobots in my brain to project reality to confuse me into beleiving the things i see/hear are not real.

no need to take the mick, im just asking for serious advice

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedarktower
reply to post by seedofchucky

yep, i know there are many areas i need to look at, one of them is definately my diet. I do not eat regular, or eat the correct balance of healthy foods i should. Though sometimes i feel so low i just wont eat or snack instead of eating a good healthy meal. I know i need a kick up the arse to be honest with my eating and exercise, but hopefully one step at a time i can get into that way of living. Thanks for the advice
A good diet really does help, never underestimate that.

3 square meals a day if you can manage that, try and get into the habbit of eating breakfast.

Oh and try to exercise... lol
I know, when i was depressed that was the last thing on my mind and it was almost physically impossible but even lifting a heavy book up and down will help, honestly.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Mister_Bit

I really wish I ate breakfast. I never seem to have time for more than a cup of coffee.

I wonder what such a simple thing as having breakfast would do for my day.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   

My flat m8 was taking that about a year ago. Made him act like a zoned out zombie all day :s screw that. Its too hard to trust any product of "Big Pharma" until we remove the NWO threat to the world. I wouldn't risk taking anything until we can assume their safe.

In my opinion you can assume their not safe at the moment [snip]
edit on 23-2-2012 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   

My flat m8 was taking that about a year ago. Made him act like a zoned out zombie all day :s screw that. Its too hard to trust any product of "Big Pharma" until we remove the NWO threat to the world. I wouldn't risk taking anything until we can assume their safe.

In my opinion you can assume their not safe at the moment. [snip]
edit on 23-2-2012 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple32

Pills are only part of the treatment, they help level out your moods instead of falling into a deep black depression, which I did, the results of which I ended up on suicide watch in hospital. Pills aren't the complete answer but they put you on a level playing field so you never drop so low to harm yourself.

I have to disagree with your last statement. Prolonged prescribed pill usage has led to many suicidal thoughts in patients. This has been documented and is a side effect of many of the leading pharmaceutical options.
edit on 15-2-2012 by bknapple32 because: (no reason given)
Ironically that's true that the side effect to some anti-depressents is suicide or more depression.

Thing is, I would expect more people to have died from not taking them than taking them, as long as you're under a good doctor, are monitored regulary and try other things, like exercise and meditation there should be no real danger in taking them.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   

I was on Citalopram, It worked initially but I started getting crazy mood swings. It was like a cap was put over my depression but it was welling up underneath. When it did, it was out of control.

I was also suffering from insomnia from them as well.

My father was also taking them and had a very similar experience.

It got to the point of me considering suicide one day and that's just not me, so I decided to go cold turkey.

Took a while (months) to settle down but I found that I could manage my depression without the stuff.

The lie the Doctors tell you is that it will help you just ride out the worst until you get over your depression (or whatever). The truth is that you never fully loose the depression and the Dr doesn't have a clue about weaning you off them. They'd never even consider it, they'll just keep giving you the script and all is well, as far as they are concerned.

Use them for now, if you have no side effects, then good.

But ask your Doctor how you will tell when you don't need them any more and what you should do to stop using them.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
ok, i see this has became a 2 way debate: take them, don't take them.

This is the first time in the years i have suffered from anxiety and depression that i have finally said, ok, i will try the meds. I know that i need to exercise, i need to eat healthy and get into a routine, though its difficult when something as mundane as going out the front door sets of a panic attack.

I also realise it will take around a month for any signs of improvement, but perhaps in a months time i do see it work, then i can go out, cycling, walking, eating more healthy and routinely. I even said to the GP today, I am not wanting to take medication but i feel its a last attempt, therefor I took it. Whether it works or not is yet to be seen, time will tell.

I know for sure i do not want to be on pills all my life, yet i also know i want my life back.

I will take it a day at a time, im a patient person anyhow.

And thanks for all the feed back, I didn't think so many would even say anything about this

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Have you tried maybe opening the door and just standing inside for a few moments, then maybe take a step outside for a few seconds the next day and so on... you get the idea, build up a resistance to your anxiety.

What it is that makes you anxious? You don't have to answer that of course but if you could finger a specific you can try and tackle it.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mister_Bit
Have you tried maybe opening the door and just standing inside for a few moments, then maybe take a step outside for a few seconds the next day and so on... you get the idea, build up a resistance to your anxiety.

What it is that makes you anxious? You don't have to answer that of course but if you could finger a specific you can try and tackle it.

to be honest im not sure there is any exact reason i feel this anxiety. When im out, sometimes i feel like im really nervous all of a sudden and need to get home, a bit like agaraphobia i suppose. I was told i aslo may have depersonalisation, a feeling where things aren't exactly real, which is very hard to explain and i have been told is rather rare.

then again, perhaps it was all the partying i did when i was younger, if you know what i mean. Or it might just be me, nothing but an illness I have.

all i can do is give this a shot, make some lifestyle changes and perhaps in a few months i will forget i ever wrote this thread and be fine, like i said, time will tell i guess

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I hope so, all I can do is offer you hope

At one point I was so depressed I had plans to build a guillotine and chop my own head off, I ended up in hospital with nurses checking on me every 15 minutes to make sure I was still alive basically... they put me on Citalopram, which I was taking for a couple of years.

Now I'm happy again, off the meds and back to normal.

With a bit of detemination you can do it, it may all seem like talk and stuff now (I know it seemed like rubbish to me when the doctors told me I'd get through it) but it is beatable.

Good luck.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Mister_Bit

thanks for the support and i am glad you are ok now

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Will give you the best advice, money can't buy.....PRAY. Now, when i say: "PRAY", i mean, get in your bed, in the fetal position; rock back and forth....and just talk. Ask questions....shoot it out, with the MAN "above"; eventhough HE lives within. Prayer doesn't require a pastor. It just requires you, willing to be foolish enough, to just talk to yourself....in your QUIET, little place; Where ever that may be. And, don't just speak your problems, concerns, reason for existing. When you're done, duking it out with the MAN, don't move til you feel the PEACE that surpasses all understanding, to fill your mind, body and soul.

Truth be told......EVERYONE suffers from some kind of depression/anxiety/sense of worthlessness/mental instability. There's a BATTLE going on, for your mind. . I cried for 2 hours last night....in my quiet place...and i'm a 42 year old 'man'. We ain't supposed to cry!!!!
Crying is rain for the soul!!!!

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I've taken prozac several time thru my adulthood, for 6-12 months at a time. It really did help. I don't condone taking it unless there is another way to "cure" the problem, but sometimes that little bit of help can bring us back to where we need to be. Life's circumstances can really bring us down at times, and sometimes it is the body not getting what it needs, but if it is what is needed to bring us back to functioning as we need to I think it is a good thing, so things don't get worse.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
What works well for some may not work well for another. The key is the right medicine in the right dose. You may have to try a few things to see what works best for you. Nothing is a cure all, but if it helps you feel normal then I say go for it.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I don't know why they call them 'anti-depressants' when they do no such thing. At least from my experience. Turned everything on it's head, crazy thoughts, insane dreams, and an overall feeling of being a zombie.

In fact, i felt more like I was constantly on an illegal drug of which I had been familiar with in the past. Only it was constant and not fleeting, and without any good feelings that go with the illegal sort.

Which is not surprising, considering they both affect the brain in the same way, an influx of serotonin. SSRI drugs caused me to actually drink more, to level off that horrible feeling, and therefore exacerbated the whole shebang.

One thing I've been taking recently, Taurine, has had a fairly positive effect on my anxiety and my mood. And it's a natural non-essential amino acid (technically it's not an amino acid) which is found in a lot of sea food and muscle meat, and it really takes the edge off things. Subtle and not over the top but noticeable. It's very good for the liver, eyes, blood pressure, heart and can induce a good nights sleep... all of which are bonus effects for me.

and no, it's not a stimulant before anyone says "that's in those energy drinks, yuck!" - it's in the energy drinks as it offsets the jitters all that sugar and caffeine bring on.

Bit of a side line on the topic, I guess.. but I'll try anything else before I go back onto AD's which tend to trap you in a waking coma...

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join