It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disability advocates recount sterilisations without consent

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Thought I might share a c&p with you all as well as a few thoughts.

The abc has recently detailed an account of women being sterilised without their consent and as this is a subject of governmental control of generation lines it is something which I feel concerns all of humanity.

www.abc.net.au...

It comes as Federal Disability Commissioner Graeme Innes raised concerns about the increasing number of procedures being carried out without court approval. Stella Young, editor of the ABC's disability website Ramp Up, says she was almost sterilised as a young child. "When I was four I was on holiday with my parents in Adelaide and I broke my leg while I was there and they took me to the hospital and they re-set my leg," she told PM. "One of the doctors said to them, 'while she's here we might as well do the hysterectomy', which was shocking because I was a four-year-old child. "My parents thankfully were very empowered and didn't take everything that doctors said to be gospel truth and they got me out of there as quickly as possible." While she had a lucky escape, some children and women do not.

"We know of women who have gone in as young women, taken to hospital for another procedure and been sterilised," she said. "Or been told that they're going to have their tummy fixed and then find out 20 years later that actually what happened on that day was that they got sterilised and nobody told them.

And we still trust these individuals with our welfare? It is ludicrous to say the least. Just perusing this medical forum of ATS one can find many accounts of many of the atrocities medicine has enacted and yet we still allow them to lobotomise, sterilise, perform est, the list is endless.

Further content concerning other incidences can be had so easily. Such as a list of some of the various countries which have enacted compulsory sterilisation:

en.wikipedia.org...

Canada
Czechoslovakia and the Czech Republic
Germany
Japan
India
China
Peru
Sweden
Switzerland
United States

Details on the introduction of forced sterilisation within the U.S.

civilliberty.about.com...

And as much as it pains to say it this is a great expose of north carolina's sterilisation program.

againsttheirwill.journalnow.com...

They were wives and daughters. Sisters. Unwed mothers. Children. Even a 10-year-old boy. Some were blind or mentally retarded. Toward the end they were mostly black and poor. North Carolina sterilized them all, more than 7,600 people.

There is so much more it is quite frankly sickening. All of these potentials lost and for what another shoe shine?

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Ah yes... the beauty of Eugenics.

Seems like everything is coming around again... Funny how they get new names for all the old stuff.

I'm not completely against eugenics, nor I fully agree with it.

Still what I love the most lately is seeing all this old methods being pushed again but with new nomenclature. Its so amusing to watch as things unfold exactly the way they did before. Since I wasnt born to see them before, I now have the chance to see it being played out again. Its like a second chance in hell. And to think that ppl would have learned the first time.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
While I wasn't sterilized without my knowledge, I was sterilized by coercion when I was 21. I'm not mentally deficient, my IQ happens to be in the top 1%. It's a long story I really don't want to talk about as it still causes me a great deal of pain. I think it always will. While I can forgive, I can never, ever forget. It will haunt me to the end of my days, along with the rest of the abuse I had to tolerate throughout my life.

My only escape from this lifetime that was an absolute living ****, was to relocate out of state, and at 37, I finally got to live my own life for myself. Thank goodness there was a good ending to this- if not for my absolute stubbornness, things may have turned out quite differently, and perhaps not as good as they did. I now have a wonderful husband who is the light of my life.

For those that were indeed sterilized without their knowledge, I hope they get what they deserve- and sue the heck out of the government who thought their wisdom better than the parents, and made decisions for these people, when it wasn't their decision to make.

Just my 2 cents here. In my case it was a doctor and my mother in on the deal, and both of them harangued me until I had no choice anymore. Threats, horror stories and general emotional abuse does take its toll, and in the end, you capitulate, just so the abuse stops. You will do anything to make it stop.

SK

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by SweetKarma

Thanks for sharing. sucks don't it.

new topics

top topics

join