It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The way people see militias...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
It seems that with the militia movement picking up steam again people are becoming more hostile to it. The government and the ACLU are painting us as crazy extremists and the image is starting to stick. I've even had people on ATS be hostile to me about my support of the overall militia movement and the fact that i am setting one up in my home town. While their is a SMALL amount of anti-government terrorists masquerading as militias the vast majority of us aren't looking to topple the government. My group for example is far more interested in preparing for local disasters (both natural and man made) than taking arms against the government. I'm not going to say we wont defend the constitution from threats (foreign or domestic) but its simply not a big priority until first blood is drawn, which wont be on us.

edit on 14-2-2012 by NoWorldOrder12 because: wrong picture

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Remember my friend, your beliefs and intentions will always be turned and used against you, if your enemy stands to gain by it and has the power to do it to you.

And in this case, they both stand to gain and have the power.

Nothing you can say or do will convince some people, while others are paid to oppose you at every step.

Do what you believe is right in your heart, and no matter what happens you will have no regrets.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Those who have a problem with Militias, the one that will never sacrifice are cowards. I saw it last night, it started with one man, he was atop a horse. He went from house to house. Never spoke a word, but from the way he was outfitted, he didn't have to. It took a while before the first person joined with him. The more that joined, the more joined. It was beyond words.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by NoWorldOrder12

Good on ya OP.
I can recall several years ago the town where I grew up was hit by tornadoes. They did not call out my national guard unit.....but there were SEVERAL good ole boys in cammo with chain saws clearing roads, and ensuring people were OK.

I couldn't make it home myself (I was stuck in this little place called the republic of panama). I'm very glad men like you were there to help.

Star, flag......and a salute to you bro.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
the way i see it if you are allowed to have girl/ boy scouts you can have a militia. what grinds my gears is that the militia is considered a threat, to what? floods? droughts? lack of volunteer parade security volunteers? volunteer border patrol? too many camo baseball hats and open mindedness? i'm not afraid of guns, but i do fear index fingers. or if you're tom berringer middle fingers. (hah sniper movie reference!) i would rather have neighbors watch my back than someone from fema the u.n. or department of jerkland security

top topics

join