It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Experiencing Syncronocities more often than ever?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Over the last Four weeks Ive been experiencing this phenomenon more than ever... Also have been reading my girlfriends mind A LOT at least once a day we will say one thing before the other thinks it.

2012 the Great Syncronization?

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 02:22 AM
link   
oh yeah. It's very cool.
I've noticed some in the past, but these past few months....whew, crazy stuff.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Yup,

The reason i joined this website...

Deja Vu as well getting more frequent and stronger... like as if it hurts that my brain knows whats happening but doesnt know how to show me next.. very strange!

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by SageBeno
Over the last Four weeks Ive been experiencing this phenomenon more than ever... Also have been reading my girlfriends mind A LOT at least once a day we will say one thing before the other thinks it.

I could def agree. the 11:11 /1:11 have been off the chain

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 02:32 AM
link   

More like 2012, your great synchronization. Why do you think 2012 holds any worldwide significance? It's bollocks. There's not even the slightest start of hint leading to the fact that that date has any significance. It's just a successful meme, that's all. "Galactic alignment"? Not true (not more than usually). End of mayan calendar? Dozens of dates depending on the authors. Why that one? Nibiru? Seriously? I could continue like that to show you, one idea at the time, that 2012 is just a huge pile of urban legend crap. And yet I do love esoterism and conspiracies. But honestly, 2012 will be as disappointing as Y2K (how old were you in 2000?)

But to answer your question; yes.

The peak of synchronicity occurred right during my spiritual awakening/crisis/schizophrenic episode (choose the name that suits you most), with more than one strong synchronicity every 30 min, some synchronicities even taking the form of telepathy, thought projection and prescience.

It's cool, but it's not an end in itself. More like a symptom. It should not derail you from your prime objective.
edit on 14-2-2012 by SpaceGoatsFarts because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by whenWEallFALLdown

I could def agree. the 11:11 /1:11 have been off the chain

You make them happen. You want to see them, you see them.

Try to want to see something else, like really hard, and be ready to have your mind blown. 11:11 is just another meme, it's not a message, again, just a symptom (you hear about this 11:11 "phenomenon", you see it, as simple as that. I live in a country with no AM/PM display so I rarely see 11:11, but 22:22 instead. What does it mean, what does it mean? Nothing. Or rather, what you make of it.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 03:03 AM
link   
For some time now ive noticed a great deal of this in my life, things like thinking of old friends and having them call me, Or say having a conversation on an old obscure movie and having it come on the same day.

My friends and I have gotten to the point we just shrug it all off as it seems to happen so often with in my group of friends.

Perhaps its always going on and now its just a case of noticing it more.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by benrl
For some time now ive noticed a great deal of this in my life, things like thinking of old friends and having them call me, Or say having a conversation on an old obscure movie and having it come on the same day.

My friends and I have gotten to the point we just shrug it all off as it seems to happen so often with in my group of friends.

Perhaps its always going on and now its just a case of noticing it more.

Could be, but sometimes, I like to think it's just a glimpse into the natural and primordial state of the mind, and thus of the nature it experiences.

The world doesn't contain meaning, meaning is a construction of the mind. Likewise, synchronicities have normally no meaning outside what significance we attribute to them. The reason why they catch our attention, is because they (seemingly) put to light the fact that all this experience is interconnected, while common belief says it's not.

It's hard to accept for a scientific and western mind (and yet even quantum physics point to it), but it comes naturally to the eastern person.

Interdependence, emptiness of the forms, preeminence of the interpretations from the mind, illusion of separation, etc.

Seeing more synchronicities is indeed paying more attention, and thus noticing them more. It doesn't matter if the synchronicity is born out of randomness and our desire to see patterns, or because there's really something greater than us connecting everything. In both cases, the synchronicity simply is there in our mind and has no real meaning outside of it, and it makes us question our beliefs regarding separation and randomness, and that is what matters.

Enough bantering, maybe I could share one of my owns

One day during meditation, I had a very powerful experience that felt like a NDE. It was a bit like a panic attack, but a gentle one. Like "Oh crap, I'm dying. Well, so be it". During that state, it was like my identity dissolved, then I was there, in some kind of warm darkness, asking myself "what now?". Some idea cross my mind "I should choose parents to start my new earthly life" (funny because I don't believe in reincarnation per se).

Immediately an image popped into my mind: my cousin and his wife, because they were among the most loving and caring and funny people I know around. I waited for a while to start my new life with them, and then, suddenly, I think to myself "What kind of BS is this? I'm still me, I'm not dead. I just passed out, I'm daydreaming."

Immediately I wake up and dismiss this experience as some kind of brain fart, and go back to my normal life.

Fast forward a few days later, I receive an E-mail from my cousin, telling me he is the proud father of a little boy, and he fitly baptised him with a name very close to mine. I swear I had at that moment nor before no idea that my cousin's wife was pregnant, it came as an utter surprise.

After a moment of disbelief, I told myself "now THAT's a cool sync
"

I have many others like that. Some funny, some scary, some mundane and some mind-blowing...

edit on 14-2-2012 by SpaceGoatsFarts because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   
So I usually just browse ATS, without even logging in because I never see anything that interests me enough to post. Well I was reading this and remembered my own case of synchronization earlier this year. My gf is not very sports-savvy, so I was telling her about Tim Tebow (lol) and I told her about how on his eye black he writes "John 3:11". Now this is all normal and fine and dandy, but the next morning my daily Bible app, which chooses ONE Bible passage at random every single day and I've never seen the same one twice, popped up and choose John 3:11. Thought it was pretty curious.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by joshnichols189
So I usually just browse ATS, without even logging in because I never see anything that interests me enough to post. Well I was reading this and remembered my own case of synchronization earlier this year. My gf is not very sports-savvy, so I was telling her about Tim Tebow (lol) and I told her about how on his eye black he writes "John 3:11". Now this is all normal and fine and dandy, but the next morning my daily Bible app, which chooses ONE Bible passage at random every single day and I've never seen the same one twice, popped up and choose John 3:11. Thought it was pretty curious.

Littlewood's law

Littlewood defines a miracle as an exceptional event of special significance occurring at a frequency of one in a million. He assumes that during the hours in which a human is awake and alert, a human will experience one event per second, which may be either exceptional or unexceptional (for instance, seeing the computer screen, the keyboard, the mouse, this article, etc.). Additionally, Littlewood supposes that a human is alert for about eight hours per day. As a result a human will in 35 days have experienced under these suppositions about one million events. Accepting this definition of a miracle, one can be expected to observe one miraculous occurrence within the passing of every 35 consecutive days – and therefore, according to this reasoning, seemingly miraculous events are actually commonplace.

As long as these "synchronicities" (1/1.000.000 chance event) occur every month, you are in the norm

Thanks probabilities for reminding us our brain sucks so much at estimating said probabilities, and thus, what is likely from what is unlikely.

One little mind-teaser on that subject.

The Birthday Problem

In a classroom of 60 people, what is the probability to find two persons having the same birthday?

I bet your brain tells you something like less than 50%.

The answer is more than 99%.

Thanks, brain, for sucking so much at probabilities

edit on 15-2-2012 by SpaceGoatsFarts because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Wow, that is really amazing... seems as if I'm not the only one to experience a significant increase of synchronicities in recent months, weeks...

Several months ago, I started writing them down, so that I won't forget them. And possibly, to find a pattern.

Maybe we're more and more adjusting ourselves to a new reality, that is soon to be implemented on full scale?

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Peloquin
And possibly, to find a pattern.

That's a mighty fine idea...

if you want to lose your mind that is.

I'm not joking. There is no meaning in synchronicities, you will only see what you want to see and start a journey of self-delusion.

a new reality that is soon to be implemented on full scale

Oh sorry, I did not notice you were one of them. Well, godspeed then.
edit on 16-2-2012 by SpaceGoatsFarts because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reply to post by SpaceGoatsFarts

If there wasn't a meaning in synchronicities, then there wouldn't be the term "synchronicities". And let's not forget, it was no less a figure than Carl Gustav Jung, who coined that term.

And according to C. G. Jung, Synchronicity is the experience of two or more events that are apparently causally unrelated or unlikely to occur together by chance and that are observed to occur together in a meaningful manner

Wherein that meaning lies, that, until this day, is the question.

And maybe you're right, it's highly possible, that there is no special meaning in it. I don't have a problem with such a conclusion.

It would be no different from the whole universe - besides funny ideas like the big bang theory, nobody has a real idea, how it all began. And even to ask "why" - meh!

But no matter what we might think about origin and reason of the universe, it's undenieable real.

As those synchronicities are.

For some, synchronicities are a sign of god, for others a glitch in the matrix, and then again, for others they are just (more or less...) funny coincidences.

Until this day, I'm not sure what to think about them. Usually it depends from my mood, to which theory I tend, but I haven't arrived to any conclusion yet.

When I said "Maybe we're more and more adjusting ourselves to a new reality, that is soon to be implemented on full scale?" I was expressing just a theory of mine. I can see now, that I should have used other words to explain what I was on to. But english isn't my first language, so forgive me.

In fact there's an uncountable number of realities. There are as many realities, as there are beings able to perceive. Because, as we all know, reality is formed by perception. Some say, reality gets distortioned by perception. And this might be, because perception is limited. We only get details of the big picture. Unless our perception improves.

I believe, in the end, we all will get to see the big picture.

Until that moment, you should hesitate to make fun of me. Because it just might turn out, that me is you.

edit on 16/2/12 by Peloquin because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Peloquin

Why yes, synchronicities are real. Check my previous posts.

All I said is beware to try too hard to give them meaning, because it involves a lot of projection. I'm not saying it to patronize you, it's a gentle nudge to warn you not to take the same road I did, unless you enjoy one-way trip to wonderland (or is it the psych ward?). But anyway, you are a grown up and you can do as you please. I just did my part of the job. Who would I be if I don't warn the people behind me that there's a rock on the path that made me stumble?

And I very much know that you are me
but it doesn't mean I should always agree with you or restrain myself for provoking your thoughts

P.S. : I can't blame you for misunderstanding you about this "new reality". As you can see in my location, english isn't my mother tongue neither, so the miscommunication is on both side. It's just I'm very cautious about people claiming there will be some big changes SOON (new-age, singularity or whatever) because the timescale for cultural evolution is not the same as the one for humans, so from our perspective, things may appear boringly slow, even motion less (and so, most who promises/predicts big changes quick are lying or misguided). Most likely, you only see the change when it's already behind you.

Actually, that's even used by governments to impose awful freedom-restraining changes without the population even revolting. Why do you think Americans do not react violently to living always more in a police state? Because it takes LOOOOOOOOONG to be fully enforced, and by then, most people look behind and tell themselves "Holy crap, this isn't the same world I was living as a kid, how didn't I even noticed anything? Now it's too late...". Most if not all cultural changes take place like that. Sloooooooowly. Look at the arab revolutions. Yes it was violent. But wat is REALLY different now for them, years later? Almost nothing. It takes time.

I believe it's going to be the same for this "new reality" you talk about.

And according to C. G. Jung, Synchronicity is the experience of two or more events that are apparently causally unrelated or unlikely to occur together by chance and that are observed to occur together in a meaningful manner

Let me end this post with my perspective on the subject, as previously posted earlier in the thread. But it's just my opinion and in no way the only truth.

Like you said, "reality is formed by perception, reality gets distortioned by perception, perception is limited, unless our perception improves.".

When Jung says "two or more events that are apparently causally unrelated", it's really the heart of the matter, because it's only an appearance of causal separation.

To the western mind, everything is separated and isolated (even if logic and even physics dictate otherwise), it's just a cultural way of thinking. To the eastern mind, everything is related by causality (famous butterfly effect) and all separations are only illusion. In that case, our famous mystic buddy Jung probably knew exactly that when he said "apparently causally unrelated", it was just for the mundane western person, but that for the piercing mind, the world is nothing but causally related events.

The mind in a gnosis state would see all the events everywhere causally connected, so none of them would be "apparently unrelated", and thus, none of them is a "synchronicity"

To see more "correlated events" is then two things:
- To see patterns in "background noise" (what our brain is wired to do in fact)
- To expand one's perception of the nature of reality, where nothing is isolated and everything is caused and causal.

But to give them meaning is NOT the same. It's apophenia/pareidolia. You can say everything is related, but it doesn't mean it's there to send you a message. YES Jung said they appear "in a meaningful manner", but I don't think he said to take that meaning at face value. To take that road is risky because it can lead to self-deception and delusion. The meaning you see in these synchronicities is just an indication of your own beliefs and desires.

When you see more synchronicities, it could also just be an indication that you fool yourself more by giving more meaning to (un)related events (we know they are in fact related through a complex web of interactions), that you program yourself to see them more.

IMHO

How random is random?
edit on 16-2-2012 by SpaceGoatsFarts because: Because I can

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by SpaceGoatsFarts

But to give them meaning is NOT the same. It's apophenia/pareidolia. You can say everything is related, but it doesn't mean it's there to send you a message.

Dear neighbour (I'm from Germany
), now I think I get what you mean, and I fully agree with you!
It indeed are two things - to recognize a relation between events, and to come to a clonclusion that there is a message contained in it. And you're totally right in saying to be cautious to try to find a message in it - it indeed can lead right into "wonderland".

In fact, I don't really try to find a message in it, I take it as it comes, it's just that, that I'm a bit baffled, by those strange experiences.

But when you accept the possibility as you portrayed it, that everything in this world is related, such experiences shouldn't surprise really. And finally - isn't the greatest meaning of those experiences, that everything is related? Because in the end.. it changes my perception, my consciousness in that way, that I'm not seperated from the people, from the world around me. Much more I realize, that I'm part of something bigger; maybe one great organism called earth, universe, god...

Finally it was that what I tried to say with my talking of "a new reality". But that reality, that we're all connected in fact isn't really new in the slightest. We just weren't aware of it.

I'm sorry that I have to leave now for work, but I appreciate your reply and thankyou for your remarkable thoughts!

Nice greetings to Belgium, I always enjoyed being over there!

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   

But when you accept the possibility as you portrayed it, that everything in this world is related, such experiences shouldn't surprise really. And finally - isn't the greatest meaning of those experiences, that everything is related? Because in the end.. it changes my perception, my consciousness in that way, that I'm not seperated from the people, from the world around me. Much more I realize, that I'm part of something bigger; maybe one great organism called earth, universe, god...

You take the words out of my mouth :p

From a post above:

Originally posted by SpaceGoatsFarts
Seeing more synchronicities is indeed paying more attention, and thus noticing them more. It doesn't matter if the synchronicity is born out of randomness and our desire to see patterns, or because there's really something greater than us connecting everything. In both cases, the synchronicity simply is there in our mind and has no real meaning outside of it, and it makes us question our beliefs regarding separation and randomness, and that is what matters.

Ich wünsche dir ein ausgezeichneter Tag lieben Nachbarn

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   

But that reality, that we're all connected in fact isn't really new in the slightest. We just weren't aware of it.

You weren't

The ones before you, some knew it. And the ones after you, some will have to find out by themselves. It's a continuous process.

You can, tomorrow, write in the first page of all newspapers worldwide "We are ALL connected! We are all ecosystems part of greater ones!".

What will it change? This message is already there for all to see. The process of realizing and accepting it is personal and cannot be forced.

So I doubt there will suddenly be a change of perception for everyone about their place in the universe. The only way for this to happen would be for people to look again at the sky and discover their true place (electricity blackout? alien visitation visible to all?) but it's highly hypothetical and mainly wishful thinking.

edit on 16-2-2012 by SpaceGoatsFarts because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by GonzoSinister

I believe there is all sorts of stuff going on and increasing.
Things we don't know and things we are about to learn about.
You should be careful though if you are having lot's of Deja Vu.

Deja Vu while mostly harmless is a hiccup in the synapses of the brain and it sends the same signal back to back.
So if it's not from a preternatural source and it's happening a lot there might be something wrong with your brain chemistry.

top topics

join