It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadian Navy gets stuck with 4 lemons by Her Majesty's used submarine salesmen.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

Your views on Canada are quite interesting and I would enjoy reading a more detailed account of what lead you to your current ideas about Canada and Canadians in general. Why exactly is Canada the clueless loser? Do you know someone who has slapped around a Canadian, stole from one, and abused one? Did the Canadian still want to be this person's friend? Astounding!

What makes you think Canadians are naive? Did you leave one standing at the golf tee for for 6 hours...and he was still waiting for you after all that time? I find your post so interesting I'm going to bring it to my psychology class to read. We are currently studying Freudian Projection and this line from your post really caught my attention "he's the kind of know it all geek who fails to realize how much of a loser he is.".

edit on 14-2-2012 by Northern Observer because: typo...

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Canada has every right to use submarines to protect it's sea lanes, territorial integrity and to work with other Canadian warships in fleet maneuvers.

This blog by CdnSteve makes some good points:

The British mothballed the four boats not long after building them, as the Royal Navy’s sub strategy shifted away from diesal boats toward an all-nuclear force. A fatal fire aboard Chicoutimi and continued breakdowns have generated questions about their seaworthiness, much less their combat capabilities.

His idea of avoiding nuclear powered submarines seems wise, instead he suggests:

Germany, Sweden and China are all having good success with a new technology, called Air Independent Propulsion (AIP) for diesel-electric submarines. It eliminates the traditional weakness of the time-proven diesel submarine design – which requires the boat to either surface or use a “snorkel” to vent fumes and draw in fresh air when the diesel engine is employed to operate the sub or to charge its batteries.

Why Canada needs submarines

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Ooops, should of checked the SubFax!

Should of gone with the Kia Sub, they give a 100,000 nautical mile warranty on the powertrain.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join