It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Deported over Tweets

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   

KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia. A Saudi journalist was deported Sunday to his home country, where he was expected to face arrest and possibly death for writing about the Prophet Muhammad.

Human Rights Watch warned that Mr. Kashgari faced “almost certain conviction and a death sentence on charges of apostasy” if he was sent back to Saudi Arabia.

Death for using twitter. Makes me sick to think the USA does buininess with those kooks. We should protest his sentence by tweeting some prophet Muhammad jokes.

www.nytimes.com...
edit on 13-2-2012 by LonelyGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Holy christ... Oops better watch what I say!!!

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
That would be hilarious, I encourage anyone with a twitter account to partake

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by LonelyGuy

KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia. A Saudi journalist was deported Sunday to his home country, where he was expected to face arrest and possibly death for writing about the Prophet Muhammad.

Human Rights Watch warned that Mr. Kashgari faced “almost certain conviction and a death sentence on charges of apostasy” if he was sent back to Saudi Arabia.

Death for using twitter. Makes me sick to think the USA does buininess with those kooks. We should protest his sentence by tweeting some prophet Muhammad jokes.

www.nytimes.com...
edit on 13-2-2012 by LonelyGuy because: (no reason given)

he's not being killed for using twitter. He's being killed for talking about muhammad. When will these people see how stupid their religion is making them?

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by biggmoneyme
he's not being killed for using twitter. He's being killed for talking about muhammad. When will these people see how stupid their religion is making them?

I agree but I'll look from the other side of this. When will these people see that while they follow Islam as a Faith, there are things they simply CANNOT DO. Muslims kill or die for how they percieve their prophet being treated or even referred to by others. This guy is a Saudi Arabia journalist and..what? Didn't believe it? Thought he had a pass? He can't possibly claim he DIDN'T KNOW about the blasphemy laws. That doesn't even pass the laugh test for an international person like a travelling journalist.

I'd say it'll teach him...but it'll be hard to say his dead body learned much of anything.
Perhaps others will finally stop pushing this 'law' in their religion. They REALLY DO mean it!

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by biggmoneyme

Yes he is. He is being sentanced to death for tweeting about muhammad.
Either way it's a disgrace.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
he is being executed by america.
they are sending him back!
so much for the land of free speach.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
The Long Arm of Shariah Law.

Saudi Arabia, where friendly doesn't mean they won't bash your head in with a rock and feel good about it for imagined slights against long dead people.

However, Saudi Arabia is an excellent example of the application of "friendly doesn't mean friends."

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddha
he is being executed by america.
they are sending him back!
so much for the land of free speach.

KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia is in the US now?

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
gulfnews.com...

Call to try those who supported Saudi blogger
Malaysian minister defends decision to deport Kashgari

By Habib Toumi, Bureau Chief Published: 00:00 February 14, 2012
5 Image Credit: Supplied
Hamza Kashgari Manama People who encouraged a controversial Saudi columnist facing charges of blasphemy could be summoned by the public prosecutor, a report has said.

"The public prosecutor in Jeddah is filing a lawsuit against Hamza Kashgari on charges of disrespecting God and insulting Prophet Mohammad (PBUH) in his Twitter account," sources told Al Hayat daily.

The sources said that public prosecutor in the Red Sea city of Jeddah was likely to summon people who expressed support or agreed with him on the social network, the daily reported yesterday.

"The public prosecutor, as the attorney for the society, has the right to summon anyone who encouraged the defendant or who is connected to matters that motivated his action," Abdul Aziz Al Zamel, a legal consultant, said, quoted by Al Hayat.

In other words, if you support him or agree with him you're a target too.

Shariah Law in action.

"Those who supported the contents of Kashgari's tweets are considered criminal exactly like him," Khalid Abu Rashid, a lawyer and a legal consultant, was quoted as saying. The sentence to be passed on Kashgari should be imposed on his supporters too, he said

Just in case your first response was to argue that that wasn't what it meant, it was clarified absoluely for you

But wait, Malaysia is a moderate and modern state isn't it?

"I will not compromise. Do not look at Malaysia as a safe transit... Do not think you can come in and out of Malaysia. He is a foreign national, he is wanted by his own country of origin," he said.

That's right - don't you make the mistake that Apostasy (otherwise known as freedom of expression) isn't a major international crime.

Slavery doesn't touch the level of legal vigilance that Apostasy has.
edit on 2012/2/14 by Aeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Crickets still?

No defenders? No one claiming the "Imperialist" span of the Saudi Arabians?

I understand. Your governments might throw up some social-woo to combat your views, but these guys...they'll fracking hang you for being mouthy.

Or is this cognitive dissonance? You want to defend these guys, but it doesn't sit well with the rest of your rhetoric and so you slink away to your shadowy corners? Real questioning in the face of a group who will actually hang your mouthy ass is too far into the bravery zone for you?

Islamist defenders have an example of a Modern Moderate State like Malaysia clearly cowtowing to Shariah Law in the way that they say it doesn't work, and just go quiet?

I love you guys. Really I do.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
The ideological pimping money hungry bastards of Saudi Arabia spend their oil money brainwashing a larger population of muslims to support them, and lately, a growing number of muslims are waking up from that.

The Qur'an states that man is not to enforce such laws... Crimes against humanity can be punished such as theft, murder, rape, etc (as usual) but "blasphemy," that's just a state tryna be a super state and hiding behind a bent version of a faith.

However I must ask, how does tweeting jokes about Prophet Muhammad help anything? Are we in 4th grade still?

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
As for his "offense" no muslims other than the #ers who call themselves "The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia" call that an "offense".

Sufism, which is the mystical traditions of Islam involve dreamed meetings, and even imaginary meetings with the Prophet very frequently. There are thousands of writings about people meeting the Prophet in a dream or such.

I can only speak on the Islamic standpoint. I can't answer any questions about any dumb ass governments and what they do so don't even ask. lol

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Only Malaysia extradited him for it.

So, yes other countries do consider it an offense. One they are willing to comply with in a cooperative manner that barely touches their willingness to cooperate on other "offenses."

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
Only Malaysia extradited him for it.

So, yes other countries do consider it an offense. One they are willing to comply with in a cooperative manner that barely touches their willingness to cooperate on other "offenses."

He was based in Jiddah, nothing states that he was living in Malaysia. So if somebody from South America commits an offense and it is discovered while he is traveling in America, we should protect him?

Isn't that sorta like a friends parent tryna protect you from a beating by keeping you at their house?
edit on 15-2-2012 by My.mind.is.mine because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

We don't deport people for minor crimes. Please tell me the last time you heard of a Western nation packing up someone to be deported for a crime like say...jaywalking? Most of them don't deport people for the crime of genocide.

He was extradited from where he was by Malaysia. You think that Malaysia just extradited from Saudi Arabia to Saudi Arabia?

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine
He was based in Jiddah, nothing states that he was living in Malaysia. So if somebody from South America commits an offense and it is discovered while he is traveling in America, we should protect him?

Isn't that sorta like a friends parent tryna protect you from a beating by keeping you at their house?
edit on 15-2-2012 by My.mind.is.mine because: (no reason given)

Um, if the offense is death for something that there shouldn't be a death penalty for, then yeah. Also, as to your illustration: Are you really not seeing the problem with beating a child?

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I should have answered that.

I have in the past helped with hiding girls from their parents when their parents were planning on a trip "back home" that was intended to marry them off. Twice.

So would I keep someone in my house to save them from a beating? No. If the social services wouldn't deal with it, I'd find someone else to keep them and find another person next month to keep them until they fell off my radar in from being passed along a chain until they got old enough to protect themself legally.

See, when politicians and bureaucrats are too lazy and lacking in bravery to stand up for what is right, some of us do indeed work around them. Isn't it beautiful?

top topics

join