It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hippies and Kombi Vans?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Why do hippies drive Combi Vans? They seem to be one of the worst offenders when it comes to pollution (exhaust, noise and visual). If these were real hippies who cared for the environment they would by a Prius or something that isn't as harmful to the environment.

Speaking of environment, I wonder if trees are actaully being stunted in growth by having 'children of the earth' climbing all over them with unwashed bodies and weed smoke clogging the pores of the trees.

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 06:08 PM
link   
You know what...talking about Hippies.....Why in the time of the hippies, the revolution against war, against government, for liberation of women and all, it went worst???? Why after the Hippi time, the world was more open to sex, drugs, alcohol, funky music....but what about the real reason: World peace!!!
Give peace a chance and all, it meant nothin'
My mom says the world will never change, we have to live with it! She says ''it was like that when I was your age...people wanted to make the revolution and change the world...''
SO tell me!!!! Are we the new hippies or we ARE the real people who woke up and go ahead with revolution?!?!

I'm so confused about that...seems like the system is too strong for me!!

Ameliaxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Some people I was friends with liked to call themselves "hippies." Being a hippy has become more of a cool word than anything. Though, the ones I have met clearly do not seem to represent them. One person in particular is probably one of the angriest guys you would have ever met and started fights every other week.

I went to New York with him and someone else one week. We started talking to a guy on the street after he calls my friend a hippy. Note, we were all drunk when this happened. So, my "hippy" friend decides he needs to start a fight with someone while we were talking to this guy. And the guy goes, 'hey, calm down, you're supposed to be all peaceful, why are you trying to start a fight with this guy who didn't do anything to you?" My friend thought about it and really didn't give a #. He pressed on anyway to eventually stop though.

The next day, he was walking around pretending like he was a hippy again.

My point is that hippies have become a name of self-proclamation. What does it take to be a hippy now adays..mostly look. Smoking pot doesn't hurt either though the two are not synonymous. Rarely will you find a self-proclaimed hippy who actually stands for the ideals you speak of.

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 06:38 PM
link   
But can anyone tell my WHY they drive Kombi vans? They are soo inefficient.

new topics

top topics

join