It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British army gets it's own sports shoe

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Reuters

The army is lending its name and insignia to a running shoe, called PT-03, which will do battle in the shops with the sleek and heavily marketed likes of Reebok, Nike and Adidas.

It is the first commercial product to be endorsed by the British army, whose fitness instructors helped test and design the shoes, and will carry the logo of crossed swords over a crown and lion.

The armed services have been looking to exploit their image commercially since 1998, when the Treasury urged government departments to examine opportunities such as selling real estate or intellectual property rights.

The Royal Air Force is currently trying to patent its red white and blue "target" symbol, long a T-shirt favorite

I guess it's better than someone else making money off of the Army image but is this how the British Army has to fund itself now?

[edit on 16-9-2004 by AceOfBase]

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 03:05 AM
link   
At least it's better than privatisation, can you imagine tanks with sponsorship on the side like london buses? Or worse still, a huge loudspeaker van driving in front of our troops into conflict announcing a-la-weather "The British Army are proudly sponsored by Powergen - bringing death and destruction(but not enough supplies), whatever the weather!"

Hey, I like the idea, maybe the SAS will endorse Kitchen Devils!!!

Oh, the endless joys I an have with this today!

join