It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What, in your opinion, is a terrorist?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Kenrichaed

I dodged nothing.

You only asked one question and I answered it.

I understand we agree about the invasion of Iraq and Afghanistan, yet you still have not answered my question to you. Can you justify the taking of an innocent life because some whackos ran planes into the WTC? Is that really how you justify innocent death at our hands?

Answer that. And also, like a said above, the burden of proof is on you. And I accept your challenge to an all out debate. I can u2u a mod as soon as you want to set it jump. We can have the debate forum opened and everything.

Prove to me that the taking of so much innocent life is in Americas best interest. Prove it to me without mentioning 911 and I will give you all of my ATS points.
edit on 12-2-2012 by W3RLIED2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by W3RLIED2

There is no excuse to be subhuman.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by freedoomofspeech12

Of course. IMO, a soldier who follows orders shouldn't be held accountable. This, for me any way, is the root of many problems. Orders are dispatched from above, and the working guys in the trenches, so to say, have to carry them out. Generals and officers should be punished, not the enlisted men.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 02:59 AM
link   

5. Informal . a person or thing that is especially annoying or unpleasant.

If being annoying is a terrorist ....

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by paleorchid13

I know, I know. When I read that the first thing I though of was my fiences Cockatoo. His name was marley, and he was a feathered terrorist, I swear it.

Thanks for lightening the thread up a bit! I hate it when my threads get all serious!

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 03:28 AM
link   

It's amusing , how far people will take a term .... here is the etymology of the word

terrorism Look up terrorism at Dictionary.com 1795, in specific sense of "government intimidation during the Reign of Terror in France" (1793-July 1794), from Fr. terrorisme (1798), from L. terror (see terror). If the basis of a popular government in peacetime is virtue, its basis in a time of revolution is virtue and terror -- virtue, without which terror would be barbaric; and terror, without which virtue would be impotent. [Robespierre, speech in French National Convention, 1794] General sense of "systematic use of terror as a policy" is first recorded in English 1798. At one time, a word for a certain kind of mass-destruction terrorism was dynamitism (1883); and during World War I frightfulness (translating Ger. Schrecklichkeit) was used in Britain for "deliberate policy of terrorizing enemy non-combatants."

edit on 12-2-2012 by paleorchid13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Someone who harms/murders a nation's citizens as pawns (at random), citizens who are not the true causes of the attacker's grievances, as opposed to actual/intentional first-party perpetrators of evil. Same with someone who would damage/destroy random physical structures/property (or any structure with innocents inside) vs. sensical targets.
edit on 2/12/2012 by AkumaStreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Someone that's breathing?

Oh wait, we aren't that far gone YET...

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
someone who infringes your human rights, freedom, peace-of-mind, well being , dignity...

just the rhetoric from hate speech is a form of terrorism... leveled at targeted individuals/victims

the threat of an IRS audit could be considered a degree of terrorism.
the fire & brimstone sermons/speeches by enthusiastic Preachers are another source of terror...
there are just too many examples to list what is terrorism...pat-downs at airports anyone?

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kenrichaed
America has every right to infringe on other countries rights in order to further our national interests. As long as we have the power we should use it to make the place better for Americans and anyone who is currently our ally. The whiney do gooders would have you believe that we should all get along and there can actually be a world totally at peace but that is a fallicy.

There will never be peace in the world until someone hits the reset button and we get a do-over so until then we should make every country fall in line with what we want. Once they all fear us there will be very little war or conflict and the world will be a much better place.

You seem right in line with TPTB and their thinking that they are superior and therefore that justifies their use of war and killing. I'd bet you were never in the military. There will never be peace in our world until we rid it of people who think like you.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
A terrorist is any person who dislikes american foreign policy or dislikes the american government.(their definition)

As a reply to Kenrichaed, if 911 did in fact happen the way they say, then it is a direct consequence of our foreign policy in arab nations for the past 30 or so years. Its called blowback. You think those people were going to sit around and not be pissed that we were invading their country, taking their resources and eliminating and installing new dictators to rule? What did you expect to happen? Like we were totally innocent victims.

Our own government is the best example of the real definition of terrorism, constantly keeping the public in a perpetual state of fear while they whittle away what little rights we have left. This will only get worse as the public wake up to the atrocities america is responsible for and they will clamp down hard on everyone. Its already starting with "domestic and homegrown terrorists" which is anyone who disagrees with the way america does business.

Good thread W3RLIED2, You feel the same as i do. I am disgusted at what this country has done not only to other countries abroad for 100 years, but what it does to its own citizens, and i agree that its everyones fault. A lot of us feed these giant corporations which run our government, living our lives and not thinking twice. I think a large number of americans just lack empathy and as long as their ok, everythings fine. It wont be fine for long though, and as more and more people wake up, more and more rights will disappear. Im afraid the next couple of years are going to get pretty rough for america.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   

I think terrorist is someone who hurts (kills) other people for money on a large scale. Their motive is not some set goals just money or profit in economic terms.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
A terrorist country is a country that holds all Major Cities , in all Countries, that its nuke bombs can reach, hostage.

Israel's , Samson Option is just that, Terrorism.

If Israel is attacked , and destruction is looming, Samson is deployed.

Ain't that sweet of Israel, It acts like the asshat to the world, and the world will pay for it.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I guess it really depends...

If they're on the side of the enemy, then they're a terrorist.
If they're on the side of the allies, then they're a hero.

Example:
If Israel blows up an Iranian scientist, they're a hero.
If Iran blew up an Israeli scientist, they're a terrorist.

Perception is everything.

"It doubles your perception, to write from the point of view of someone you're not." ~ Michael Ondaatje

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Keep in mind, in my opinion, 911 was a false flag operation.

Nikhil parekh says it all in his famous poem below:

LOVE VERSUS TERRORISM by Nikhil Parekh

Terrorism indiscriminately divides,
Love is an Omniscient panacea which wholeheartedly embraces; one and all

Terrorism treacherously plots,
Love is a flower which diffuses its divinely scent; to the most remotest corners of this Universe

Terrorism insidiously massacres,
Love is a seed which blossoms perennially; into the chapter of blissful prosperity..

Terrorism baselessly orphans,
Love is a cloud which showers happiness; even after veritably mortal death..

Terrorism tyrannically dictates,
Love is an uninhibitedly cascading stream; which pacifies one and all

Terrorism devastates civilizations,
Love is a mystically gorgeous shadow; casting the unbreakable spell of humanity for centuries immemorial

Terrorism perpetuates agonizing hatred,
Love is an Omnipotent ointment; which heals the most savagely brutal of wounds.

Terrorism evokes ghastly memories,
Love is a fountain; which fulminates every unleashing second into a river of insatiable ecstasy

Terrorism diabolically poisons,
Love is the highest peak of unparalleled joy;overshadowing all wealth and commodity on this gigantic planet .

Terrorism maliciously mutilates,
Love is an invincible march towards victory; the most cherished achievement for an organism in its life

Terrorism gruesomely cripples beyond hope,
Love is an unconquerably formidable armor; which harbors all religion; tribe; and mankind in its ardent womb

Terrorism propagates gory bloodshed,
Love is a fathomless ocean of nostalgic belonging;which perpetually makes you feel; as if you were just born

Terrorism beheads innocent,
Love is a poignantly bonding wave; which melts the most invidiously sinister; in its heavenly swirl

Terrorism uncouthly lambastes at every step,
Love is an everlasting dream of peace; which lingers till times beyond absolute eternity

Terrorism disastrously explodes into viciousness,
Love is a brilliantly optimistic ray; which touches the heart of the rich and miserably deprived; alike.

Terrorism deliberately dismantles,
Love is an intransigently undefeated arrow;ubiquitously spreading the message of celestial brotherhood;
in every iota of this boundless globe .

Terrorism heinously corrupts,
Love is a sacred apostle of bountiful relationships;always ensuring you got the very blessed and
harmonious in life

Terrorism stinks in dungeons of hell,
Love is a tantalizing dewdrop which enchants you beyond the boundaries of paradise; making you feel the most
richest entity alive

Terrorism horrendously incinerates,
Love is a torrential downpour of celestial fantasy;which makes the most pathetically dwindling organism;
entirely oblivious to pain.

Terrorism blasts through existence,
Love is a benevolent culmination of the divine; rising amicably and unscathed from the ashes; even centuries after
losing breath

Terrorism horrifically stagnates,
Love is a flirtatiously philandering wind through the hills; the perfectly symbiotic rudiments of all existing on
this earth

Terrorism remorsefully regrets,
Love is a mesmerizing voice which proliferates more stronger as the moments unfurl; blowing away all devil in a
single breath

Terrorism disrupts resplendent sleep,
Love is a caress which triggers waves of compassionate electricity; profoundly enlightening the hearts of all
those; impeccably deprived .

Terrorism vandalizes beyond the point of sagacious control,
Love heals all tottering towards extinction;irrespective of whether they are poor of unsurpassably rich

Terrorism shatters the slimmest hope to live,
Love lends its philanthropic shoulders to the weak and infirm; making them blossom into cheerful beams of
sheer ebullience

Terrorism sucks blood tirelessly,
Love spawns countless new lives every instant;naturally continuing God s more revered chapter of existence .

Terrorism incessantly plunders and blunders,
Love is a web of melodiously sweet honey; which nourishes every organism; right from its birth to the final
stage of its inevitable death .

Terrorism irrevocably numbs,
Love is a fireball of unending titillation towering towards the sky; rejuvenating life with lost charm
and spice

Terrorism voices its opinions through bullets,
Love is the most successful mission of a persons life;making him live an infinite heavens; in pragmatically
present life

Terrorism pulverizes immaculate to raw chowder,
Love is a boat which glides like a prince through the most tumultuous of storm; transporting its passengers to
the land of beauty and paradise

Terrorism separates kin from kin,
Love imparts the astronomical tenacity to be live without the tiniest of breath; yet feel the strongest entity
alive

Terrorism indefatigably kicks like a dinosaur,
Love besieges each contour of your lips with a timeless smile; an ardor to live higher than the clouds; at
every stage of life .

Terrorism stumbles even before it alights,
Love is a grandiloquent fortress piercing the souls of all tangible kind; quelling each desire with its
magical touch

Terrorism sleazily petrifies,
Love is a bond which grows more firmer as each second elapses; unshakable against any attack; in this gigantic
world

Terrorism acrimoniously stings,
Love is a perennially silken feather which puts you to an eternal slumber; replenishing back an ocean of
enthrallment into your dreary eyes .

Terrorism condemns all rhyme and religion,
Love is a fantastic identity of its own; embracing all living with the ever pervading spirit of mankind .

Terrorism converts each day into an infinite thorns,
Love is the most fulfilling wish that you could ever desire; a flame of intimate yearning; escalating higher
than the skies

Terrorism kicks you out; from each heart on this soil,
Love is a treasury that augments as you use it;stirring the innermost chords of your conscience; for the
betterment of humanity

Terrorism rains hell,
Love is a fairy cuddling your senses into a land of magnanimous serenity; enriching all your purpose in destined life

Terrorism scraps all self-esteem,
Love is a flamboyant patriot; showering an unfathomable number of lives; for its counterparts in sorrow .

Terrorism is filthy manipulation,
Love is the greatest poet on the trajectory of this earth; captivating the most wickedly alien; in the swirl of its
marvelous entrenchment

Terrorism deteriorates all values,
Love is the pinnacle of irrefutable prosperity;uplifting your impoverished visage to the Creator;every time you tread you
step on bare soil .

Terrorism rots the entire township,
Love is the air you breathe; the goodness which you feel; the feeling of benign devotion that profusely encapsulates each
cranny of your robust countenance

Terrorism monstrously violates,
Love is a stupendously exotic wine; which makes you perceive only ravishing beauty; till the time you survive

Terrorism misleads at every step,
Love is an Omnipresent messiah straight from God s land; vanquishing each hurdle that dared come your way

Terrorism devilishly imprisons,
Love is a bird soaring handsomely in the clouds of freedom; hoisting all chained that came its way; on its exuberantly
flapping wings .

Terrorism cold bloodedly snatches,
Love is a majestic art with royal shine; illuminating the most derogatory darkness; with its impregnable beams of hope
yielding light

Terrorism discordantly abuses,
Love is a charismatic magnet; attracting the most murderously rash in the untamed inferno of its passionate beats

And Terrorism ultimately dies,
While love is the most wonderful gift of Almighty Lord; a stringent adieu to each deplorable past; an immortal beginning to
every spell binding tomorrow .

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join