It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Brain = about to explode

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Whoa thanks for all the comments guys, I woke up this morning at 9:00 and finished the piece, put it all together and dropped it off for the show. Just got home. Hopefully it sells so I can keep doing my art full time. I will share whatever I can asap. I have an email to reply to about music one of you friends shared with me, my appologies if you are viewing this, been quite bogged up but I;m on it tonight!

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Qumulys

haha good idea on the avatar, it took me two hours a day for 3 days plus about 10 hours yesterday actual drawing time, so about 20 hours more or less from original lay-out to complete.

reply to post by SilentE

Thankyou, the stuff in the link is all mine, except the copies of the klimt, I did paint them by eye, but obviously they were copies in order for me to learn how to paint. Besides a lot of sketching that website is almost all of the art I have ever done lol, I have some ways to go before I`m making my own ``klimts``

reply to post by conspiracytheoristIAM

Absolutely! very constructive idea, I wanted there to be a merge but I didnt plan for it until the end, so the transition is a bit rough. I had to rush a lot of the piece, but great idea I will be sure to smoothen out the geometry to flesh transition in my next one.

reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

Not a student, besides a year of univeristy for graphic design- pretty much self taught. We all have our things, for me this is something in the otherwise unbalanced life I have haha. thanks btw!

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Wow man, I LOVE this!

This is right up my alley!

Keep the inspiration coming!

~philth

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Higher res photo I took this morning- and just edited/framed. (If a mod passes by this post and wants to replace the photo in the Original post- much appreciated!)

edit on 11-2-2012 by el1jah because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Very impressive -
thank you for sharing
with us.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Whatever you do...make sure you create a gallery. You should keep copies of all of your work gathered in one location, for easy viewing and to keep track of opinions people may have about your art.

I can see you going far with your talent.

Namaste

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

Its sort of hard to get a gallery to represent you, a few weeks ago I attended a workshop on the business of art, talks by successful artists at a university here. The business side of art is a big scary hole to me haha its the opposite of the creative process. In fact many of the 'popular artists' I see today are better at marketing an image, a story, than making amazing art. And if you are popular- you sell, not necessarily if you are a good artist. I think it must be partially true since so much of the amazing art of the past is not being produced today, think rembrant, think roman sculptures- one might assume with all this population there would be piles of glorious art work. Obviously-'art is subjective'- comes into play when one tries to define the quality of an abstract square or dot on a canvas- in contrast to a caravaggio. Caravaggio spent months even years painting single pieces, there just isnt time for that today unless you are an established artist and can literally afford to do it. At this lecture we were told you are expected to produce one piece per week to be a truely successful artist (economically). So yeah all Im saying is there is tension between my creative side and my logistical side. We'll just have to see what happens haha but thankyou for your kindness. Since I started about 10 months ago doing only art, I have had a comission for a comic, published 5 pieces in an independant book of free thinkers, and 2 chances to show my work and possibly meet someone who can represent my work. so the universe seems to be putting the right doors in front of me aslong as Im making an effort.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
You have awesome drawing skills, are you left handed just out of interest ?

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Scaart

right handed lol why?

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
No particular reason, just some people who are left handed seem to have very unique properties in talent, well from my point of view anyway, but that theory has just been blown out of the water :-)

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
You have quite a gift
The man you drew looks very kind to me

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by el1jah

Very nice. I like it. Well done.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by el1jah

Thats a great sketch!! Are you TELEPATHIC? Amy in NC

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
That's a GREAT drawing!! You have awesome talent! I would buy it

Can someone point out the different faces in the face for me? I don't see em.... I think I'm just stupid.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by el1jah

Art is to be enjoyed and critiqued as well. Judging by the response, you are on your mission in life. Artistic talent is something people without talent can learn or study, but the real artist has got it already in his or her mind and only needs to translate images from their mind in to their hands. They can see the image already? I had a friend who was a sketch artist and he defined it that way. He said he could pull up an image again and again like it was already finished in his mind and all he had to do was copy it to the real world.

That always intrigued me. Like a Photographic memory of sorts and skill to put it down to canvas?

Has any one tried to interpret it yet? I don't want to offend the OP or anyone else, but that is what they used to do before there were Moving Pictures...

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by el1jah

Wow. Quite an amazing piece!! You did a fantastic job. Esp. with a pencil? Awesome! Read some of the earlier comments about a link to more works you've done? Looking forward to seeing those!! Nicely Done!

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Very nice!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join