It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What, if anything, puts you off a show/film you haven't seen?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Lulzaroonie

This is usually a big turnoff for me....

"Based on a true story"

I want to see escapism, not real life.

I also despise "Franchise" shows, like all the incarnations of CSI, Law & Order, etc.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Jack Black.. 'nuff said

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Oh and "Tyler Perry's" (anything) is a definite must not see....

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Big stars a big no no to me. I won't watch movies with Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, George Clooney, Angelina Jolie, etc. They just ruin movies for me for some odd reason. Also, if someone tells me a movie is the worst they've ever seen, I will be more likely to see it than if they tell me it is the best movie they've ever seen. I don't know why. The things most people hate are the things I like. I've always been that way. I find that if something appeals to the majority of people, it doesn't appeal to me.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Anything that looks like it's one of those "reality" shows. Except Mythbusters, if you count that. Anything with the MTV logo. Judge shows, or any show that revolves around arguing. "Romantic Comedies" that revolve around sex/gross-out moments. Any of what I call "Oscar" movies. You know: boring, dry, humorless, about an hour and a half too long, and looks like it was made for the sole purpose of winning an Oscar award.

Also, anything featuring a pop star. For example, I was kind of excited to see Battleship until I found out that Rihanna is in it. Now... not so much.

Tom Cruise is also an instant turn-off, although I can't say I know why. I don't really follow celebrity gossip, so it's not like I hate him or anything. Although... maybe deep down I'm still angry at him being cast in the role of the vampire Lestat, when it so obviously should have been Julian Sands.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join