It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BBC censors the word 'Palestine'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 05:57 AM
link   
After a quick search I couldn’t find this anywhere so I'd thought I'd post it here for you all to see.
The BBC's urban/black music station 1 extra censored the word Palestine from the MC, Mic Righteous, performance. It has admitted that its staff were perhaps a bit too cautious in doing so but insists it was not biased in its decision.

It’s ridiculous if you ask me, regardless of who is right or wrong. No one was inciting violence so there was no need to censor this, especially as it was a part of music which is art. Art has to now be censored? Free Palestine? I say we all need freedom, as actions like this show we are not free.

Remember we are not free only giving the privilege of apparent freedom but they will change laws as and how they please. Do not anger or annoy your masters, let them carry out their plan without causing them too much trouble. Pay your taxes and do as your told. If you see anyone that appears to be upsetting the plan of your masters you must report them immediately. [/rant]

edit on 9-2-2012 by MrSpiderMonkey because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-2-2012 by MrSpiderMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by MrSpiderMonkey

The BBC gets hounded by a very active group of pro Israeli's in this country who complain and make life hell for anyone reporting on Palestine or showing Israel in a bad light at the BBC. They have websites dedicated to scrutinizing BBC and The Guardians content for anything they deem to be anti semitic

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Thats a shame but I guess thats the way things are. I read my news from many sources and try to find the truth somewhere in all the mixed messages and propoganda. I wish others were the same, but too many people rely on the TV to determine their opinion on the world. I'm reminded of the staged CNN report in the run up to the 1st Gulf war.

edit on 9-2-2012 by MrSpiderMonkey because: typo

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Yeah I've seen that video, what a joke!

go to 32 mins in to this video to see how the Israel lobby targets the BBC and other media.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Channel 4 usualy have good coverage on the depravities Israel commits against the Palestinians, but dont expect to see anything on there actual news show. No news programme in the UK is allowed to report the human rights attrocities commited by Israel

Dispatches had a good documentary Killing Zone a few years back, worth a watch.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Ixtab

I just posted a link in the post above yours. It was by Journalist Peter Obourne,who also made the documentry on the Muslim Clerics in the UK, so at least no one can accuse him of being one sided. He is a highly respected journalist and it's avery interesting documentary that opened my eyes to the Israeli lobby and their influence within UK politics. I wonder how people in the UK would feel if other countries held such a influential role in our politics and media?

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Obviously BBC is part of the Zionist media empire.

Did you forget that their "security correspondent" had "sources" telling him there were Al'Qaeda groups linked to the Norway attack? Not to forget the insane fingerpointing towards Islam/Muslims on this site during the attacks.

What I am genuinely interested in, is the following; How come some people need to have someone with "credentials" say something before those people believe it? Don't they have internal right/wrong compass? Or does it just have to do with "proof" and "evidence"? It happens with all kinds of subjects so I'm just wondering...
edit on 9-2-2012 by InfoKartel because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-2-2012 by InfoKartel because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Here is the direct reaction of the BBC.
www.bbc.co.uk...

And here is a Washington Post article about this incident.
www.washingtonpost.com...

The BBC has always been biased in some way or the other. The voice of the establishment always gets more airtime, than voices which dissent. This is true for unions, antiwar-voices and Palestinians.

Here is a great lecture of John Pilger about the role of journalism. In this lecture, Pilger also gives highlight some of BBC past failings.

longer version

Google Video Link

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   

I've asked this before about this clip. How exactly is it staged? Got any proof? And yes I've watched the best quality ones and the long ones and the edited ones and etc.
edit on 9/2/2012 by PsykoOps because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 05:02 AM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

Proof! are you being serious? The proof is the video itself. The fear and terror they are displaying is clearly only shown when they are "live". I mean it could be legit but my spidy senses, or straight up common that sense say's it was staged.

Firstly it looks like a studio set, you even see it is a set when you get a glipse of the camera crew the way they put their gas masks on makes it look like the're pretending they are outside, why doesnt the camera man put stop filming and put his mask on? Ok I freely admit it could be a studo in saudi arabia which means they havent lied but why make it look like they're outisde and why all the dramatics? are they trying to inform the public on facts or forming the publics opinion with dramatics in the form of badly acted "infotainment"? its clearly a charade.

I dunno what do you think?

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I've had a very long discussion about this video with several members in ATS. None of them provided any evidence. "the video itself is evidence" and "if you cant see it then I cant point it out to you" were the most common responses. Few guys actually tried. To answer you in order:

1) Yes the "fear" is complete and utter bs. That's how media works. Even if there is no bullets raining on them they still have to give the appereance like they are in the crosshairs. It's crappy reporting but does not make the video fake since it would be the same case even if the video was real or fake.
2) It looks like a set I guess but on the other hand he says they are on the balcony and aren't allowed to film outside. That location could be absolutely anywhere.
3) Cameraman can easily keep filming since the camera is obviously on a tripod.

I still haven't seen the evidence I'd like to make it a fake. Only youtube title that says "fake". It could be or not but to deny ignorance I'd like to see something to verify it

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
They do the same kind of stuff here in America, every year the Sci Fi channel runs a Twilight Zone marathon during the holidays, and one of the episodes makes a reference to a TV repairman running a scam (a'real kosher nostra'). When that episode aired on Sci Fi, it was edited to exclude that line.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

Those are good points, but I think the answer to whether it is a fake or not is still up for debate.

It is ridiculous, but that could just be, as you said, crappy reporting. I did see a video clip with the reporter being confronted about it years later and although he didn't admit to it being fake his recation was as if he was admiting to it being fake. Again tho this is still up for debate. I cant find the clip itself but it was in this video at 1:36:10

the cnn report is at 1:34:35
edit on 10-2-2012 by MrSpiderMonkey because: typo

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
That was good but still I haven't really seen any evidence to say it is fake. It's complete bs. as far as news goes but nothing yet. That reaction wasn't really that convincing either. Hadn't seen that one before so thanks for that. Also note that the "movie set" descriped in that video could also be absolutely anywhere.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
As ridiculous as it is, unfortunately, I can fully believe that the BBC would sensor the word 'Palestine'. Heaven forbid the rest of the world should be aware that way too many people are shoved into a tiny parcel of land, after having their land occupied at an ever increasing rate, and then blockaded and have constant check points and walls with which to contend. What happens in Palestine is an absolute travesty. The Israeli lobby is quite powerful in the UK. It doesn't have as much of a hold as the Jewish lobbyists/superpacs do in the US, but they are still rather influential.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Biased BBC exists to provide a forum for YOUR view, to allow you to point out the things that bother you about BBC coverage.

www.biased-bbc.blogspot.com...

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Droidinvoid

Ah, thanks for that link! I like it already. Way better than BBC's 'Have Your Say'- which I usually have to stop reading because of the stupid. It's worse than Yahoo! comments sometimes, and that's really saying something.

new topics

top topics

join