It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

11 Good Tv Series For Those Needing Stimulation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
So I put together a list of some of my favorite shows I fall back to when there's absolutely nothing intellectually stimulating I can find to watch and thought I'd share them with you all that can appreciate them.

I usually watch these on my xbox 360 on my Hulu plus account or Netflix when available. Enjoy!

1. Destination Truth is a weekly American paranormal reality television series that premiered on June 6, 2007 on Syfy. Produced by Mandt Bros. Productions and Ping Pong Productions, the program follows paranormal researcher Josh Gates around the world to investigate claims of the supernatural, mainly in the field of cryptozoology. source

2. Legend Quest is an American adventure television series that premiered on July 13, 2011, on the SyFy channel. The series follows historian and adventure-seeker Ashley Cowie in his quest to crack the code on his hunt for the most powerful lost treasures in the world.source

3. UFO Hunters is an American television series that premiered on January 30, 2008 on The History Channel, produced by Motion Picture Production Inc.,[1] and ran for three seasons. In each episode, the team investigates reports of unidentified aerial phenomena in which they interview witnesses of close encounters with UFOs, USOs (unidentified submerged objects), and supposed extraterrestrial life.source

4. Ancient Aliens is an American television series that premiered on April 20, 2010 on the History channel.[1] Produced by Prometheus Entertainment, the program presents theories of ancient astronauts and proposes that historical texts, archaeology and legends contain evidence of past human-extraterrestrial contact. source

5. Fact or Faked: Paranormal Files is a paranormal investigation television series produced by Base Productions that began airing July 15, 2010, on SyFy. The show follows a team of investigators, led by former FBI agent Ben Hansen, who review various photographs and viral videos (mainly from the internet) of alleged paranormal activity.[1] If a particular piece of evidence is deemed intriguing enough to warrant further investigation, they set out to recreate and explain the sighting. source

6. Brad Meltzer's Decoded, (or simply Decoded), is an American mystery and conspiracy theory investigation television series, The series is hosted by political thriller author and non-fiction writer Brad Meltzer and follows a team of investigators who try to determine the meanings behind various symbolism, alleged secret codes and conspiracies that surround us everyday.source

7. Stan Lee's Superhumans is a documentary television series that debuted August 5, 2010 on History. It is hosted by comic book superhero creator Stan Lee and follows contortionist Daniel Browning Smith, "the most flexible man in the world", as he searches the globe for real-life superhumans – people with extraordinary physical or mental abilities.source

8. Dark Matters: Twisted But True is a television series featured on the Science Channel. From the Science Channel website, "Dark Matters: Twisted But True takes you inside the laboratory to profile strange science and expose some of history's most bizarre experiments. Hosted by science fiction actor John Noble, of Fringe, Lord of the Rings fame, get ready to delve into the most unusual research ever conducted."source

9. Through the Wormhole, or Through the Wormhole with Morgan Freeman, is an American science documentary television series narrated by American actor Morgan Freeman. When Science general manager Deborah Myers heard that Morgan Freeman was very interested in things to do with the universe and space and "asks the big philosophical questions",[2] she approached Freeman and his producer and proposed making a series together. source

10. MonsterQuest (sometimes written as Monsterquest or Monster Quest) is an American television series that originally aired from October 31, 2007 to March 24, 2010 on the History channel. Produced by Whitewolf Entertainment, the program deals with the search for various cryptozoological creatures (cryptids) and paranormal entities reportedly witnessed around the world. source

11. MysteryQuest dispatches teams of experts throughout the world to try to solve some of mankind's strangest and most persistent mysteries. Top experts in their fields launch expeditions to gather evidence in mysteries like the Bermuda Triangle, the Zodiac serial killer, and Atlantis. A science team then conducts a forensic examination of the evidence using the latest technologies. Each episode presents a thorough step-by-step investigation of the mystery and by the end the teams reveal results that in some cases just may re-write history. source

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Crossfate

Hahaha, nice one.

The real list is:

Dexter: Middle age man copes with work, marriage, being a father, middle age crisis, and what it means to be human. Also he is a serial killer.

Breaking Bad: Loving father is dieing of cancer and is worried about how his family will cope once he is gone. He reflects on his life and on where his future will take him. Also, he makes meth, kills people, and is a magnificent bastard.

Doctor Who: Time Lord fights aliens with hot young women.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by TsukiLunar

Dont forget about the Firefly series followed by Serenity. Why there was only 1 series of that is beyond me.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
I really enjoyed The Event...but it was cancelled.....in its' first season.

Aliens found and kept on lock down for 60+ years , they have others who weren't captured who are integrated into society , even in the White House....they barely age and are kind and docile....until....dun dun dun !

I'm not sure why it was cancelled but I miss watching it

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by TsukiLunar
reply to post by Crossfate

Breaking Bad: Loving father is dieing of cancer and is worried about how his family will cope once he is gone. He reflects on his life and on where his future will take him. Also, he makes meth, kills people, and is a magnificent bastard.

I just finished watching Breaking Bad on Netflix, was upset when I finished cause I wanted to see more! Funny to see Hal from Malcolm in the Middle being such a bad ass

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   
ohhh intellectually stimulating. not the list I was expecting to see.

Those are all good + I enjoy The Universe on History

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   
#1 Light years ahead of everything mentioned in the OP reside the X-Files.
#2 Line

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
There aren't too many channels on basic cable I can stand to watch, but I do have a few favorites and odd shows I watch sometimes.

1) Adult Swim. Family Guy and American Dad always provide a few laughs without giving me a headache, it also allows me to sleep easier watching something humorous.

2) American Pickers. I don't really know why I like this show, I just do. There is another similar show about buying storage lockers I like as well, though the name eludes me.

3) HLN News in the morning is about the only MSM News outlet I can stand. I say in the morning because they usually cover daily events then and you don't see much bias, just pure news of the day.

4) Ninja Warrior and Wipeout. Ninja Warrior is a great competition and I enjoy watching it. Wipeout is kind of a sad American rip off of it, but funny to watch people screw up all the same.

5) World Series of Poker and football when it is in season.

Other than that I don't watch anything except the odd documentary that might be on once in a while. I can't really watch any of this stuff on any other channels without becoming enraged.

Shows I wish they would bring back:

1) Third Rock from the Sun. Best sitcom type show ever.

2) Mystery Science Theater 3000. Best show ever, I really wish this would have been carried into our modern times. Too bad for draconian copyright law.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
SurvivorMan - This man puts himself in scenarios that require a set of good survival skills. Shtf people will love it.

edit on 10-2-2012 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join