It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney is getting an old fashion ass whuppin tonight - lost by a landslide

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Missouri, now called for Santorum. Mitt running badly behind in Minnesota and Colorado. Time for Mitt to retire?
edit on 7-2-2012 by Matt1951 because: misspelled Santorum

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Matt1951

If Santorum ends up with the Republican nomination you can be rest assured Obama will have another 4 years in office.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by PhantomLimb

I am anti Obama... due mostly to his 'anti-gun / anti second amendment agenda... but I have to tell you, I don't think there is a candidate for the elephant team that can beat Obama...

This scares the hell out of me...

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Yeah, but to be fair, I think that the same can be said for Mitt and Newt as well. I think Paul is the only one who stands any chance against Obama, but that is only my personal opinion. Nothing more, nothing less, so take that for what it's worth

To the OP, I highly doubt Mitt will call it quits. I think he is in it for the long run. But yeah, I would really like to see him quit... Same with Newt. Should he quit? Hell yes, in my humble opinion...But unfortunately, I don't think Mitt cares what I think.

edit on 7-2-2012 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldCurmudgeon

I am anti Obama... due mostly to his 'anti-gun / anti second amendment agenda... but I have to tell you, I don't think there is a candidate for the elephant team that can beat Obama...

This scares the hell out of me...

I won't go as far as you and say I am anti-Obama, but I have been of the opinion for several months the the Republicans have nothing to offer us with this slate of candidates. I know the Ron Paul supporters will say it is there guy, but of all the national polls, the guy can't get more than 15%, this will not get him elected, no matter how loud you scream.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Don't read much into this....it really doesnt mean anything. Santorum is the only one who even bothered to campaign here at all and the primary vote here doesn't matter like it works in other states. I'm not surprised Santorum is carrying though.

Kinda odd, but they had a Dem ticket available at the polling place with names on the ballot along side Obama's. No important names, I'm sure but it was interesting to see that anyone bothered. They must have wanted the novelty of having their name printed on the material. It can't represent anything more serious of course.

I will say I stuck to my conviction though. Ron Paul's name was there and so Ron Paul got my vote. Every little bit helps!

edit on 7-2-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I don't know if Romney or any conservative could beat Obama at the moment. In the time of an economic struggle people aren't going to buy into the conservative ideology. Obama has a better image with poor people than Romney ever could.

I'm still rooting for Ron Paul though

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   
The GOP ran out of the race the only one who had a real chance to take on Obama..

Look at what's left... Romney, Gingrich, Santorum, & Paul (who should run 3rd party)....

Laugh at me all you want, but I still have a ticket on the Herman Cain train

(side note)

Please, despite the lack of hope in the Presidential race, make sure to leave your vote for the Congressional Housecleaning Movement!!! Most folks can agree on this one

Throw the bums out!!!!

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by JacKatMtn
The GOP ran out of the race the only one who had a real chance to take on Obama..

Look at what's left... Romney, Gingrich, Santorum, & Paul (who should run 3rd party)....

Laugh at me all you want, but I still have a ticket on the Herman Cain train

(side note)

Please, despite the lack of hope in the Presidential race, make sure to leave your vote for the Congressional Housecleaning Movement!!! Most folks can agree on this one

Throw the bums out!!!!

Don't worry. It's clear that Obama has awakened a sleeping giant.

Obama = 1 term president

We will - undo - everything Obama has done and then mysteriously the

unemployment rate will fall to less than 5%.

Free Market Capitalism = Prosperity

new topics

top topics

join