It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ICE AND FIRE...when the snow fall in the desert

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
In all my life this is the first time i see this...

Desert and snow, this is the tunisian desert, this winter do extraordinary finish to deliver performances more striking across the Maghreb. This week, Tunisia has experienced storms that adorned the white city of Tabarka, Thala, Kef. The snow also fell in the palm of Nafta, in Matmata, Kasserine, and other desert regions of the south.and we have the same phenomenon in algeria and maroco, 40 cm of snow recoreded in tunisia, 40 cm in algeria and 30 cm in morocco, this is the first time those country have to face something like that,and Sahara, the world's largest desert, a region where temperatures sometimes approaching 50 degrees Celsius in the shade, in this period has undergone significant snowfall in the region of Bechar, in west-central Algeria, near the Moroccan border. Surreal scenes of palm trees that face the winds similar to those of Siberia.
this is just surreal what an amazing period...

i found a video of algeria under the snow very strange !

edit on 7-2-2012 by pitchdragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Desert's are extremely cold during night.

This doesn't surprise me, though it is still rare, the conditions would have to be precise. Rain in a place that doesn't receive much precipitation on a night that happens to be colder than usual.

Still a great photo and an awesome find.

S&F

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by AuirOverrun

yes the desert is cold at night but generally the snow like this is extremely rare i can even say make a wish

join