It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

True Forced Loneliness could very well be real.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 06:39 AM
link   
True Forced Loneliness movement got me thinking today about how predictable our existence really is. Sometimes life is set up so you become rich, powerful, and loved by many or it designs your very surroundings so you fail at everything, so that's you are ugly as sin. So why not take the dark path in life if you're forced into TFL no matter the gender. Doesn't matter if you're a guy or girl because life is designed so that the few will always suffer. Does that not make life and the people around you the enemy? Do you not have the right to hurt society as they always do you? If you're destined to be a nothing why not help destroy the world.

People who have TFL will suffer no matter even if they're positive or believe in god. They could be the most caring loving person with tons of confidence yet LIFE will still crush their very purpose of even living. I bet now people with high to average life-status will come in here saying this post is bull feathers, but what they don't realize is that they themselves can never know what it's like to be the very-low-status. Most of you can not comprehend what it's like to be trapped in TFL. Waking up everyday knowing it all ends in failure and loneliness repeating this cycle as long as you live. This right here is why some people do the evil acts they do. They know this reality even with positive thought can't be changed for them. These evil people so alone they are were once sane like everybody else. It was TFL that drove them to realizing their fate as a nobody to be last in everything. Life is their enemy, you are their enemy for it all connects to bring TFL people down one way or another.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Sometimes life is set up so you become rich, powerful, and loved by many or it designs your very surroundings so you fail at everything, so that's you are ugly as sin. So why not take the dark path in life if you're forced into TFL no matter the gender. Doesn't matter if you're a guy or girl because life is designed so that the few will always suffer. Does that not make life and the people around you the enemy? Do you not have the right to hurt society as they always do you? If you're destined to be a nothing why not help destroy the world.
reply to post by Alyssa

Life is what you make of it. Not everyone is dealt the same cards, but how you play your cards, is what you will get out of it.
Destroy the world because you are nothing? That is such a pointless excersize. How do you know what the future will hold for you? You might very well find happiness, and joy. If however you destroy the world, you destroy all that could have been.

I hope you can find some happiness and joy.

vvv

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Waking up everyday knowing it all ends in failure and loneliness repeating this cycle as long as you live.

Sounds like absurdism.
Even if life is absurd its futile to worry about it.
Embrace the absurdity is all we can do.

edit on 7-2-2012 by theubermensch because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Alyssa

I've never heard of this TFL but I googled and read a couple of things
I liked this article (its a blog if anyone is interested) Danger of TFL
I can see why this is so controversial/taboo. I do also feel a "what do you expect" attitude in regards to people going on a rampage when faced with rejection after rejection. I can't possibly condone it, but I can understand it.

In my googling, the word "shallow" kept coming up... That bothers me. I consider the definition of a shallow person to be someone who's perhaps not so bright, definitely lacking in empathy, and maybe even a bully. I would NOT consider anyone shallow just cause they happen to fall into the category of liking what everyone else likes.

I like men who are fit, with dark hair. Does that make me shallow? I don't think so. I have dated a couple of blonds here and there (one was blond and overweight)... in the end, we made better friends cause quite frankly, I can't spend the rest of my life with someone I cringe to have sex with. Sorry. On the other hand, my last relationship was almost a 180 on all my usual standards, and he was awesome. Pure and total intellectual stimuli, with some bonus carnal knowledge if ye know what I'm sayin. He went and died on me though.. today's his birthday. Lets get back to the point.

I don't think its a conspiracy. People are just people. People can't help what they find attractive. I suspect though that it has nothing to do with the way they look. I have seen some of the ugliest people (in my opinion) happily in relationships, oblivious to the fact that they're ugly. To them I say WTG.

To the ones who aren't finding relationships..... perhaps they should lower their standards and go for someone who's more in line with what they are. If you're a 2, you can't date a 10 - its just not going to happen. On the other hand, if the 2 waits around long enough they might meet someone between 7 and 9 who's interested.... beauty is still in the eye of the beholder. And I can say this cause in my book of looks, I'm only a 4. I wouldn't date me. I wouldn't date a 4 either. I'm blessed to have found a few 8s (imo) who think I'm a 7
hence my awesome kids who I think are easily an 8 and a 10 (don't ask me which is which, I'm not telling), and these days, at my age, I prefer 0s (meaning I'd rather be alone, I'm not lonely). We're talking stictly looks here of course. If we get into personality.... many 10's fall into the 2 category. Where I think I'm only a 4 in looks, I think I'm easily an 8 in personality - which brings me to my next point...

At the end of the day, if you're alone and lonely for too long, it will make you bitter. And seriously, no one wants to date someone with that kind of baggage. We're way more forgiving as a species for physical flaws than we are for personality flaws. If you're rejected time and time again to the point where you could go on a rampage... why would anyone want you? FFS, have a clue. Get some therapy. Get happy.

The most attractive thing in any human (again, imo) is mental health and stability. And the TFL movement can take that to the bank.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Alyssa

Lonely due to ugliness or socially awkward? Nowadays there are many venues to finding like minded people in real life. Try a meet up group. Go to meetup.com and choose a group that interests you. No matter if you're ugly as sin or a blithering fool, you'll find people that are worse than you are. Just kidding
. It actually is a great way to meet friends and not be forever alone. I know people that swear by meetup.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   
From your point of view, I am TFL. I just turned 29, have a good job and I'm a good person. I do believe in God. I am a Christian. And I'm in great shape and health. I do, have bad luck. Just when things get going good, something happens to slow it down or end it. I'm still single. The only differences between me now and five years ago, are my knee hurts more, I have trouble sleeping, and I have more money. I still think I'm better off though. there are two ways to look at this:
1) God only gives you what you can handle.
2) Adversity can either make you bitter or it can make you better.

I don't feel the need to hurt people or think they are the enemy or any of that crap. I'm just single and have bad luck.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Alyssa

Lonliness is a state of Mind.

If you think it, if you believe it, then that will be your experience.

I have been a single celibate male for 17 years, by choice, as a way to balance out my younger life sex addiction.

I do not need anyone to make me feel Whole.. I am a whole person. I care about honest people.. all the dishonest ones I only care about as equal human beings.. and thus only have them as acquaintences because Real Friends are totally honest with you. So I only have five good friends and that is more than enough even if I only see them once every couple of years.

When you feel down.. look around you.. see kids playing? See trees nearby? see birds flying overhead? Aren't they Beautiful to watch? How lovely is the blue sky? How nice is it to walk in the rain when everyione else is running and grumbling about it?

What you experience is all about what you FOCUS on.. negatives breed more negatives. So cut that routine and make yourself notice the Beautiful things around you.. and I don't mean attractive people.

Only you have the power to make change in how you Feel.. it is a decision that must be made in every moment of every day.

So, what do you Choose for Yourself?

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

Life is what you make of it. Not everyone is dealt the same cards, but how you play your cards, is what you will get out of it.
Destroy the world because you are nothing? That is such a pointless excersize. How do you know what the future will hold for you? You might very well find happiness, and joy. If however you destroy the world, you destroy all that could have been.

I hope you can find some happiness and joy.

I totally agree here, VVV, life is what one makes of it. One can sink into a chosen forced existence, I have done it myself. Depression is a mighty force to fight off sometimes. I also found that by moving to a different area of operations, thus changing your stars, is very beneficial to improving one's perspective on life. Example:
I lived in one State for many years. In this place I experienced a great deal of loss, even my personal belongings were lost three times, through no real fault of my own. I had a junky, worn out car, and no way to obtain another.
We moved to a different State. Here things come to us, instead of losing things. When we arrived here and moved into our first apartment, all we had is two beds, not even a chair to sit on. I look around me now, 7 years later, and most things in my home, furniture and such, came to me for free, or for little cost. Even my computer desk, and my son's computer desk, were being thrown out. I have a nice Chevy van now that runs real good, and gets great mileage.
Life is truly what you make of it OP.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Alyssa

Alyssa you so crazy you just might be viable.

True Forced Loneliness movement got me thinking today about how predictable our existence really is. Sometimes life is set up so you become rich, powerful, and loved by many or it designs your very surroundings so you fail at everything, so that's you are ugly as sin.
So why not take the dark path in life if you're forced into TFL no matter the gender.

Yes forget the light side, join the dark side they have cookies.

Your conclusion on this thread is Vader approved.

Doesn't matter if you're a guy or girl because life is designed so that the few will always suffer. Does that not make life and the people around you the enemy?

I suppose so, and I have thought of it like that before. You got a point but you would need more then that to make life and everybody around you your enemy.

Do you not have the right to hurt society as they always do you?

What has society done to you? I usually am of the opinion that sometimes its best to do like Jesus said. That is turning the other cheek or simple working at forgetting it all. Because many times its all just meaningless jabber.

And other times I follow the bass rutten method of an eye for two eye's.

But really Alyssa you might have a good reason for being so vague. Or you just might be lonely and in need of attention. Or crazy, We can only guess, for all we know you can just be trolling for the kick of it. But aren't we all, and haven't we all done all of the above at some point to some extent, even if you might have it worse.

Still is that reason reasonable?

What I am saying is there has to be other ways.

If you're destined to be a nothing why not help destroy the world.

Point well taken. Why should anybody help a place they no longer have any stake in.

But still this world has enough gloom and doom, why add to it? Is this a tale of revenge or of spite and petty grievances.

People who have TFL will suffer no matter even if they're positive or believe in god. They could be the most caring loving person with tons of confidence yet LIFE will still crush their very purpose of even living. I bet now people with high to average life-status will come in here saying this post is bull feathers, but what they don't realize is that they themselves can never know what it's like to be the very-low-status. Most of you can not comprehend what it's like to be trapped in TFL.

I can comprehend many things. But can anybody else ever really know.

And even if they could, would they want to comprehend or really know. Would you, if you were not in your shoe's?

I think you know the answer to that.

Everything has a has a habit of being overrated, love and life are shadows that flicker like a flame on a candle back in forth in its time it flitters with the winds, sometimes even flickering in and out of existence for brief moments of time. Till in the end the candle burns out.

We are born to die Alyssa. Everybody knows it, I guess that is way everybody fears not death, but not living before you die. But like life, death to is overrated.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Alyssa

"Could" be real?

I've lived through it for all 28 years of my miserable existence thus far so yeah, I know it's definitely real.

Watching good female friends I eventually admitted having a crush on running away horrified and never speaking to me again. Having zero money no matter what I do. No respect from anybody. Arrogant and talentless friends getting to play in bands and get signed to record labels while I am admittedly talented and have a lot to say musically but something always screws with me so that I don't even get a chance to put a song into the recorded medium.

It's like those who don't deserve anything get everything they want while I resort sometimes to praying to fictional deities just hoping for one shot and never getting anything.

top topics

join