It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Idea of area 51?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 11:44 PM
link   
This may be a dumb question, but im still fairly new at all this...

but...Where did the idea that area 51 contains aliens/ufo's/etc come from? Was it "leaked?" Something along those lines? Just wondering where it all started?

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 01:45 AM
link   
The theory that aliens and ufo�s are kept at area 51 exists since an ufo has crashed at Rosswell 1947 (at least some people believe it did). Some time after that a scientist (Bob Lazar) claimed that he worked on the propulsion system of a ufo at area 51. He could never prove that he really worked here and his theory about the propulsion is not true. He told that the ufos are powerd by element 115, which is in his opinion a stable element. But it is already proved that element 115 is absolutely unstable, so I believe that he is not telling the truth.

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Your best bet is to go on the web and read all the information you can about it yourself,youll find that theres tons of it,i think the crashed ufo at roswell was first taken to Wright Patterson air force base-then moved to Groom lake Faciility (area 51) or the other way round?
The ufo(s) are supposedley kept in Hangar 18 and several people claim to have worked there and seen or worked on back engineering ufos-all non proven to be credible'
Im not to quick to dis credit Bob Lazar-i think hes telling the truth or hes an exceptional liar and story teller.

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by optimus fett
Your best bet is to go on the web and read all the information you can about it yourself,youll find that theres tons of it,i think the crashed ufo at roswell was first taken to Wright Patterson air force base-then moved to Groom lake Faciility (area 51) or the other way round?
The ufo(s) are supposedley kept in Hangar 18 and several people claim to have worked there and seen or worked on back engineering ufos-all non proven to be credible'
Im not to quick to dis credit Bob Lazar-i think hes telling the truth or hes an exceptional liar and story teller.

He had a good story...just the wrong information. He told us false info which we have proven false. I think if he was telling the truth he would know that element 115 is unstable. It's just so easy to make up bull these days, so I find it hard to believe anyone on this topic unless they provide full proof.

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nephilim__
This may be a dumb question, but im still fairly new at all this...

but...Where did the idea that area 51 contains aliens/ufo's/etc come from? Was it "leaked?" Something along those lines? Just wondering where it all started?

I am the head of the Area 51 research group, maybe I can take a crack at this question. The UFO roumors are an accidental distortion of the truth. Remember Groom Lake is a Top Secret research facility. They test some of the most advanced aircraft in the world. As we have seen, some of the aircraft such as the F-117 and B-2 look very unusual. The government will not admit to or discuss what they are testing out there. When people accidently catch a glance of some of the test planes out there, they are often referred to as "Unidentifed Aircraft" or Unidentified Flying Objects (UFO's), because no one can positivly identify the aircraft type. Now, as you being unidentified does not mean it has to come from outer space!

Now, the ET stories come partly from some people who think any air or space craft they don't recognise comes from another world. To add to it, there are Publicity Hounds like Bob Lazar and Gene Huff that create really good SciFi stories about the base and try to sell them as truth. Lies and misinterpratations turn to rumor, and people who are out for money, or those who honestly don't know better sell rumors as truth. Hope that helps!

Secrecy Doesn't dispell Myth, it hides Truth!

Tim
ATS Director of Counter-Ignorance

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 12:56 PM
link   
www.dreamlandresort.com

That website is the best website you can find info on Area 51.

[edit on 20-9-2004 by Minime]

top topics

join