It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fla. man adopts girlfriend in legal battle

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Fla. man adopts girlfriend in legal battle

www.miamiherald.com

WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. -- A wealthy Florida polo club founder has adopted his adult girlfriend as part of a legal battle stemming from a fatal 2010 car crash.

Court records show International Polo Club Palm Beach founder John Goodman legally adopted 42-year-old Heather Laruso Hutchins. Hutchins says the couple has been dating since 2009.

Attorneys for the family of a man killed in the car crash tell the Palm Beach Post (http://(link tracking not allowed)/xzTrHb) the adoption is an attempt by Goodman to shield assets in a trust from potential lawsuit damages. Goodman's lawyer says it's aimed at ensuring the
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
watch.ctv.ca
edit on 2/6/2012 by tothetenthpower because: --Mod Edit--Fixed Title

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Here is what they don't tell you. He waited 51 minutes before he called 911. Scott Wilson was alive after the crash but drowned in the water near the crash site.

At the hospital after the accident, even knowing he had just killed a kid he was smiling for photographers.

Seriously? Then this guy adopts his girlfriend so he can protect his money? They want their son!

Honestly though, this guy will get a slap on the wrist and never think twice about it...makes me sick!
What sort of monster is this guy?????

www.miamiherald.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Jerisa

Saw this on some news site. He will now be having sex with his (legal) daughter which could raise other legal questions. What a weirdo. Didn't know about the killing part though. Still, I guess that might be the lesser of the 2 evils...

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

According to Florida law, they are not blood related so its legal. Ew! But the main point is how this douche bag is covering his a$$!

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   
I saw that story - disgusting all the way around.

Can't help thinking of the phrase "Who's your Daddy"

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Jerisa

Don't worry. He's squeaked by on a technicality. They'll get him back on the same technicality. Incest.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Jerisa

Justice is blind-unless you have tons of cash. If you are rich you can just kill whoever you want. No one cares, you are the 1%, the innovators and builders. Kill those peons! No one cares about them anyway.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I read somewhere that since he's trying this, the folks who lost their family member in the crash are going to go after some assets that they previously weren't going after, namely assets held in trust for Goodman's biological children. I hope they get it too.

new topics

top topics

join