It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rallies Held in America Against Iran War

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Source

nti-war activists across the United States and Canada have held rallies to protest at US and Israeli warmongering policies against Iran, Press TV reports.

The demonstrations were staged on Saturday in 60 cities across the US, including Washington DC, New York, Boston, Chicago, Philadelphia and San Francisco. In Canada, protests were held in Calgary and Vancouver.

The protests were organized by a coalition of about 60 pacifist and human rights groups.

The demonstrators censured any possible military action against Iran, saying that any such measure could result in dire consequences including escalated war in the Middle East and Northern Africa.

The activists also demanded an end to sanctions against Tehran, referring to the embargoes as a war against the Iranian people

Good on these people!

I wish I knew they were going on because I would have been down there to join them.

Seems like there is more and more unrest going on in America and Canada as time goes on, for good reason too. This war is not needed and seems to be looming in the background.

I wish more people would protest these kind of things as maybe our voice could be heard...

Any thoughts?

Pred...

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Protesting doesn't do any good...

What did it solve for the Vietnam war?

or the Iraq war...

Or the other Iraq war...

Or Afghanistan...

The only protesting that would end the wars is if the Military themselves decided to protest the government by not complying.

Why do you think the economy is purposely being held down in the gutters?

Unemployed teens are more likely to join the military...

I didn't see any large conflicts when Clinton was in office and every was working.
edit on 6-2-2012 by YouAreLiedTo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   
I don't even have a problem with the troops fighting these wars.

What really upsets and angers me, is when (primarily the American) military on here, aggressively insist to civilians that they're actually doing a good thing by fighting them, or that they're anything at all besides corporate mercenaries.

If you want to be a psychopath for hire, then that is your perogative. Understand, however, that I am going to respect you a lot more, if you are willing to be honest about it. There are truly few things that enrage me more, than the brainwashed grunts I encounter in various places online, (including this forum) who will insist to the death that they are "defending freedom," in Iraq, when anyone on Earth who isn't as brainwashed as they themselves are, knows that the only thing they are really defending, is Halliburton's profit.

join