It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Transfers X-37 Project to D.A.R.P.A.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 10:14 PM
link   

WASHINGTON � NASA has transferred its X-37 technology demonstration program to the Pentagon�s Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA), which plans to go ahead with atmospheric drop tests of the prototype space plane next year.

NASA spokesman Michael Braukus said Sept. 15 the U.S. space agency would remain involved in the X-37 program, but that DARPA would now be running the show.

www.space.com...

Good. I wonder if this means that the Pentagon sees this as a potential weapons platform. The ability to deliver a 2000 lb. JDAM anywhere around this wonderful world of ours, in 30 minutes or less, would prove to be invaluable in this day and age.

[edit on 15-9-2004 by Crazyhorse]

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 11:37 PM
link   
YUP!

Even better, have a few of these things scattered across the globe and keep them on high alert for "time sensitive" targets

You could have one of these things anywhere in the world in 10 mins!

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Damn, I thought it would of being Scaled Comp.

Oh well, It seems Boeing has pretty much been on stall with this, so i'm glad its going to an agency with a fat wallet.

[edit on 15-9-2004 by Murcielago]

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 08:41 AM
link   
woo! bombing the hell out of everything! i wanna work for NASA!

i always liked the whole civilian thing of NASA. obviously thigns would overlap to defense agencies, to not do so would be moronic, but the simple transfering of something like this to the pentagon, it starts to blur the line. lets hope theyre smart. for once.

new topics

top topics

join