It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gub Club Nazi's Called State Police on Me For Shooting In My Own Backyard.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
If you're finding arrows in your yard and have pretty solid evidence that they came from the gun club, I'd say you have a legitimate complaint.

You said you can't afford a lawyer, so I checked to see if there are any pro-bono ( no charge) legal organizations in Michigan.

This was first on the list. You might contact them to see if they can help you.
www.michiganlegalaid.org

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Erno86

Unfortunatley I did not get the badge number but I can always drive down to the post to inquire that info. Their newer archery range is directly in line with my property. their is a hill that separates us but if they are raising their bows that could happen. All but one had field tips. All of those were in a straight trajectory coming from their range. as if they were over shooting targets on the hill causing their arrows to barely crest the hill and come down in my yard. We don't hang out in that side of the yard for that reason. The one I found with a broadhead I know is from the guys who bowhunt their because I could see where they were sitting in thei9 blind. It also means that if they were shooting at a deer than they were illegally doing so as it would have had to have been standing in my yard at the time. I only wish I would have photographed and documented this when I found them.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by usmc0311

Scrape an arrowhead across your leg or something then file charges against them, that should do the trick!

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ajay59

HaHa, we think alike. I think for now I'm just gonna be the bigger person and let things go. But I will be keeping my eye on them.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I know it's dirty and underhanded but you can't take a knife to a minni-gun fight! If you catch my drift.

edit on 5-2-2012 by ajay59 because: I'm a moron!

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   

I hope everything turns out legit for you. I would go buy, or invite a friend who owns a rifle that shoots a 50 BMG round. I've heard that they are louder than a howitzer. That oughta knock the snot out of them.

Also.... thanks for your service.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Another idea, stash your targets and all then find some gun-hating org. and sick em on them. Then when the smoke clears...buisness as usual!

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Erno86

Unfortunatly mr range is'nt quite big enough fo a .50 at least not practical as i only can shoot about 50 yards here.
They are very loud though. i have experience with the Barret .50s that we used in Iraq. what a formidible weapon that one is. I had a buddie who weighed maybe 105 lbs wet and when he would shoot that thing his whole body would slide back about 6 inches. I used to have to lay on top of him when he would shoot and I would spot for him.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Pick up one of those arrows and jab it fairly deeply into a buttcheek. Right or left doesn't matter. Call an ambulance, the police, and a vicious lawyer.

Build your own indoor gun range with the proceeds.

Someone might of already mentioned that. I didn't read all the comments yet because I'd be pissed off too if an officer walked up to my door with his hand on his gun.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
here you go and maybe this wont cost you any money. Call up the EPA and see if they wont find lead shot on your property. This may be your direction of battle and plan of action.

I would have called 911 on the Officer and asked the dispatch on recording why an officer is approaching with a guarded posture. This may be followed up by its self. Stick with the fight. Go to a Counsel meeting. Dont stop.

in the meantime invite some shooters over that have Automatic Rifles on a regular basis

edit on 5-2-2012 by rebellender because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   

A Boyds 20mm Anti Tank Gun might suffice ---- That will knock just about anybody back about 6 inches in a shooting prone position. At my range.... anytime I get near a Barret 50 BMG, I always try to wear earplugs plus earmuffs. Their has been some pressure by some of the club member's to ban the 50 BMG from our range because of the loud report from the rifle; but they have not been successful. I'am against the banning of the 50 BMG at our range, though if I had the money I would buy the Savage BA 110 in 338 Lapua.

edit on 5-2-2012 by Erno86 because: grammar

edit on 5-2-2012 by Erno86 because: spelling

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   

First thing you MUST ask is, "what law has been broken".
If no law has been broken, ask the officer to politely punch sand.
You might even consider filing harrassment charges against the gun club if they persist.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Check in your city and see if there is an archaic but still legit law called a "Peace Bond". This can be used against you when people profess to be "scared" of you. Basically, you are arrested and placed under a 30, 60 or 90 day watch to "maintain the peace". This means anything you do that can be deemed as "scaring someone", even "looking at them in an aggressive manner", or walking past their property, can cause you to be arrested in violation of this "peace bond".

You will then attend a "hearing" before a magistrate to determine if you are guilty of what amounts to disturbing the "peace". It is not the same laws as disturbing the peace, but I was arrested under this by some neighbors when their dog attacked my 15 year old daughter and she called 911. They denied the animal was outside, as it was corralled and put up by the time the police got there.

I was arrested under the 80 year old law, which had not been used against anyone in my community for over 60 years. The police officer that arrested me apologized for arresting me, he was embarrassed, and was very kind, he only did it because he had to. He handcuffed my hands in front, took them off in the car, and the cuffs were placed loosely back on when we got to the station.

It was harrassment, and even though the county and DA acknowledged it was harrassment, they were required to act, because the neighbors filled out an affidavit before the judge claiming they were "scared for their lives" of us... , particularly my daughter. The peace bond was really on her, but I was her guardian, so I was the one arrested.

All it takes is the proclomation to be stated and signed before the judge. Who is to doubt when someone claims they are in fear for their lives? The judge has to sign the bond. Basically, anyone can have anyone arrested under this law, but few know it even exists.

www.wisegeek.com...

The only reason that I am suggesting looking into this is because you said they claimed they were scared of you. Looks like they may be laying the ground work for this, so forewarned is forearmed. Check your laws, and be prepared, because all it takes is someone to make the claim.

edit on 5-2-2012 by Libertygal because: typo

PS I was not required to post any money for the bond, and was released by the magistrate in an hour on my own recognizance, under the condition that I keep control of my child and prevent her from contacting the neighbor. Even though the neighbors' dog attacked on *our* property, which I later proved beyond the shadow of a doubt, and was almost arrested for that too. BUT thats *another* story!

edit on 5-2-2012 by Libertygal because: added PS

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Can I ask a silly question? What do you use to stop the bullets? Not many people in Scotland have guns. We just throw stones.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by wigit

I use sandbags backed by a sand berm. I also always try to set up so no matter what there is a hill in my backstop.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   

of the 2 that walked over to you, was one of them the owner/manger? If not, I'd contact the owner and ask what the problem is and why they had to call the police since no city ordinances were being violated. Perhaps you could give them a few guns lessons to dispel their 'fear' of hearing gun fire.. (personally, I would FULLY welcome a Marine living next door to me, and blessed I have a good friend who is retired force recon)

2). I'd go to city hall, request the law/ordinance(s) specially pertaining to firing guns on private property or the whole 'shabang' (no pun intended) and then put it in plastic and post it up next to your front door.. with highlighted time-stamp and official seal..

3). However, 99.9% of all courts in the USA are now mandated to generate any income as much as possible and regardless of clean record, and now the NDAA has been passed.. I'd be REALLY careful how I'd tread.. example, close friend of mine who's father is 71 years old had fallen asleep for a split second and went off the road and ran into a traffic sign; at the hearing he was being charged to be put in JAIL for 1 year, $450.00 fine and on probation for 1 year~! His last ticket was 35 years ago~!

However, since he had to take care of his wife at home because of a broken neck, the judge 'let him off' from serving time behind bars and let the fine stick with an open ticket in case the state might have to charge him more if there were 'extra' costs involved. True story.

Tread lightly my friend.. tread lightly

top topics

<< 1   >>

join