It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drones coming to city near you.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   
I live close to the 188th fighter wing base, that is located in Fort Smith, Arkansas. They operate the slow but amazingly excellent Air to Ground combat and close air support for the troops on the ground, The A10 Warthog. But due to spending cuts the Air force is having to deal with pressure of trying some relocation projects of certain Operational air systems. Here is the whole report.

FORT SMITH, Ark.— A plan by Air Force officials would remove the A-10 aircraft mission from the 188th Fighter Wing in Fort Smith next year and possibly replace it with one involving remotely piloted aircraft.

The proposal released by Air Force Chief of Staff Gen. Norton Schwartz on Friday would give the 188th Fighter Wing an MQ-1/9 Remote Split Operations Squadron that would be made up of unmanned aerial vehicles commonly referred to as drones.

The MQ-1 and MQ-9 wouldn't be assigned to the base, only a ground control operation station from which the unmanned aircraft are operated.

The 188th currently has about 1,000 airmen, a full-time staff of approximately 350 and 21 A-10 planes.

"This is a good opportunity for the airmen to get in on the action," Balch said, calling it "the mission of the future."

Ok so they say that they wont land at the 188th fighter base, but I have my doubts, 2 runways over a mile long, they used to fly F-16s and also needed a runway long enough for the presidents 747, hmmm weird, but thats a different story. So I know that drones have supposedly been flying around in the US spying on American Citizens, but this just makes me that much more uneasy, If stationed in Arkansas, They will be pretty close to the Mexican Border, its a central location in the Heartland of the USA, And these drones could be operating anywhere without us even knowing it, Big bother is getting some new glasses, LOL
Wonder why they chose Arkansas. ????? Just thought this was an interesting story, the more operational ground systems, the more drones in the air you would think.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   
They have been here for a while now

Several cities have been experiencing with them but it seems to be considered as normal now.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Heck I seen a drone the other day when I was at work, I slave away at Soviet Walmart pushing their carts. I see tons of Chemtrail planes, however I only have seen a single drone so far.
edit on 5-2-2012 by Surtur because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 03:19 AM
link   
WTF...30000 predator drones.......Citizens of the US beware.Big Brother really wants your ass.

www.eutimes.net...

Obamas predator drone (no)joke

new topics

top topics

join