It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bride Kidnapping! Kyrgyzstan style "weddings" !!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   

This is a documentary on Bride Kidnapping , that's right . Go into her home , kidnap her , then marry her. It shows the documentary host get in on the action , to see how they do it , plan it , and execute it . Takes place in Kyrgyzstan . It shows the women's reactions , the after math , family responses , cultural differences , and even a movie that was made about it , that many people start to mimic. Interesting watch. Many girls commit suicide so they don't have to go through with it , which is becoming a big problem.

For the innocent sweet compassionate women my heart goes out when things like this happens with them. Majority of them have to accept this way of life and just make the best of it . Does not mean they are happy or with the man of their dreams.

We have such a short life on this planet earth , with all the daily stresses of life , the least we should be allowed is a man or women of our choice. But of course in a culturally driven society , traditions trumpts free will.

Bride Kidnapping happens many part of the world.

Rwanda

Bride-kidnapping is prevalent in areas of Rwanda.[7] Often the abductor kidnaps the woman from her household or follows her outside and abducts her. He and his companions may then rape the woman to ensure that she submits to the marriage.[8] The family of the woman either then feels obliged to consent to the union,[9] or is forced to when the kidnapper impregnates her, as pregnant women are not seen as eligible for marriage

Ethiopia

In parts of Ethiopia, a man working in co-ordination with his friends may kidnap a girl or woman, sometimes using a horse to ease the escape.[12] The abductor will then hide his intended bride and rape her until she becomes pregnant. As the father of the woman's child, the man can claim her as his wife.[13] Subsequently, the kidnapper may try to negotiate a bride price with the village elders to legitimize the marriage

Kenya

Forced marriages continue to be a problem for young girls in Kenya. The United States Department of State reports that children and young teenaged girls (aged ten and up) are sometimes married to men two decades or more their seniors

Kyrgyzstan
despite its illegality,[27] in many primarily rural areas, bride kidnapping, known as ala kachuu (to take and flee), is an accepted and common way of taking a wife.[28] Studies by researcher Russell Kleinbach have found that approximately half of all Kyrgyz marriages include bride kidnapping; of those kidnappings, two thirds are non-consensual.[29] Research by non-governmental organizations raise the estimate of the frequency of bride kidnappings to between 68 and 75 percent of all marriages in Kyrgyzstan.[30]

The matter is somewhat confused by the local use of the term "bride kidnap" to reflect practices along a continuum, from forcible abduction and rape (and then, almost unavoidably, marriage), to something akin to an elopement arranged between the two young people, to which both sets of parents have to consent after the fact.

Although the practice is illegal in Kyrgyzstan, bride kidnappers are rarely prosecuted.

en.wikipedia.org...

That is just a few places , from a list of many more!

In this day and age , i don't care what tradition you have. A women should be allowed to marry whom she wants , not some dictator who wants to make her a slave and force "love" on her . You can see the looks on there faces how they don't want to do it . But some men could careless about that because of their primitive thinking. I for one am against it , and hopefully will make a action campaign against it in the near future. Its unacceptable , barbaric , inhumane , and nothing short of human rights violations. A women should be allowed to marry whom she wills. These poor women are to afraid to say no , because of the blowback it would have.

Prearranged marriages are border line kidnapped marriages also , only reason the divorce rates are so low in those countries , is because of the fact that it is taboo to divorce , secondly nobody wants to marry a second hand women , thirdly a single wife has very few options in those countries and is forced to turn into prostitution or other things to keep her head afloat.

These men see these women as sex slaves , kitchen maids, child caretakers , and house cleaners. They should hire someone for that , not marry a women and force her into that. Primitive thinking fueled by traditions and religious tainting.

O you who have believed, it is not lawful for you to inherit women by compulsion. And do not make difficulties for them in order to take [back] part of what you gave them unless they commit a clear immorality. And live with them in kindness. For if you dislike them - perhaps you dislike a thing and Allah makes therein much good. quran 4 : 19

but then you have evil hadiths that say

“Her silence is [considered as] her permission.” [Al-Bukhaaree, Muslim, and others]

i beg to differ! . Her silence is from fear , and should not be counted as permission , but Stand By !

The men in these cultures clearly won't stand up for there women , so it needs an outside influence . Unless of course these women are happy with what they have ? then no need. But i highly doubt it.

Here is another strange way for boy to meet girl gypsy style. But of course everyone has their own cup of tea i suppose.

Yes even men ! don't want forced marriages ! Such a beautiful union of two souls , should happen naturally with the ebb and flow of life!

The things some of these poor girls do ! to disfigure them selfs ! wow

This thread is about the positive good women , but also there are many other women with some deceptive games in the west you can check out more of here .

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Great thread ! Never heard of this thought it was funny at first but changed my mind towards the end.
Marriage is a tricky thing.. thiers no right way or wrong way honestlty
even when you can choose your mate it can still be an utter diseaster
american divorce rate is steady at 50% so obviously we have no clue ........

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Wow just unbelievable, my heart went out to the women and made me thankful I could chose my hubby. On a lighter note I thought about if they had a return policy if the husband and wife chemistry were fire and gasoline together?

join