It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama: I Pushed Dodd-Frank And Health Care Reform Because Of Christ

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   

President Barack Obama has been taking lumps from Republicans for years over his support for Wall Street and health care reform, but today at the National Prayer Breakfast he claimed support from on high to defend two of his most controversial legislative achievements.

"And so when I talk about our financial institutions playing by the same rules as folks on Main Street, when I talk about making sure insurance companies aren’t discriminating against those who are already sick, or making sure that unscrupulous lenders aren’t taking advantage of the most vulnerable among us, I do so because I genuinely believe it will make the economy stronger for everybody. But I also do it because I know that far too many neighbors in our country have been hurt and treated unfairly over the last few years, and I believe in God’s command to 'love thy neighbor as thyself.'"

Well that's good news Mr. POTUS !!

I wonder though, how many people will actually believe you on this one !!

All that legislation doesn't seem to have a real positive impact on the majority of the citizens,
so what exactly did Christ have to do with everything ?

"I know the version of that Golden Rule is found in every major religion and every set of beliefs — from Hinduism to Islam to Judaism to the writings of Plato," Obama added.

The president said he often falls to his knees in prayer, and emphasized the role of his religious values in determining where to lead the country.

He seems all over the place ..... read the whole article and comment

posted Feb 2, 2012 10:06am EST -- BuzzFeed
At National Prayer Breakfast, Obama grounds his controversial policies in the Bible. Tax hikes for rich “[coincide] with Jesus's teaching.”

What Did Christ Tell You about Fast and Furious Mr. Obama ??

Did You Fall to Your Knees Then ??

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
he did this because of his son?

but on a more serious note he's just playing the strings of the gullible again.

with his fancy doublespeak.

your 3.5 year track record has proven what kind of person you really are Obama

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Obama: and I believe in God’s command to 'love thy neighbor as thyself.'"

that doesn't count for the people on the other side of the world Obama?

if you loved everybody as yourself you'd be charged with aggrevated sexual assault.

i can't stand his slimy face no more, his words are like verbal puke to me.

can't stand it no more.

nothing more to contribute sorry.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   

The idiot will say anything to try to gain an edge, a nod or a vote. This one is ripe wow!! Incidentally, he still has not joined a church in the greater DC area.

I love the "love thy neighbor as thyself" schtick. Classic. Does that notion apply to Obama's demonization of those in certain income tax brackets? Yes, I get it Obama...So does the country Obama= Do as I say not as I do

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Well that's good news Mr. POTUS !!

Actually, it's crap news, but you gotta be you...

And whatever happened to separation of church and state..? Or at least not putting the two together when discussing policy..?

Thank goodness he is a shake-n-bake follower...otherwise this would be scary.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Obama: and I believe in God’s command to 'love thy neighbor as thyself.'"

Not buying it Mr. Obama. Your actions speak louder than this campaign rhetoric.
And those actions definately do NOT match up with 'following God's commands'. EPIC FAIL.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
The idiot will say anything to try to gain an edge, a nod or a vote.

Very true. Singing, dancing, youtubing, god-fearing Obama. The fact so many people fall for this just illustrates the stupidity of the masses. Americans should be outraged that they have a President who spends the entire year campaigning for re-election.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Wow, that is a bit of a different take than what he had to say in San Francisco back in 2008. Ah campaign season, when the desperate change their stances in order to have a shot at re-election...

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
The reality is that Christians will rally against this. How dare Obama use their savior for political reasons!

Another reality is that he is right that Christ would opt for universal healthcare as well.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by sligtlyskeptical

If Mr President and Jesus Saw eye to eye, there would be a whole bunch of Executive orders suddenly appearing.

Like The universal healthcare would be free, hands down. And the corporations with no loyalty ties to American money, just any big amount of money, these corps would foot the bill.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
He drops to his knees because he is praying to Mecca...... most likely 5 times a day.....

new topics

top topics

join