It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Choice is Ours

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Many people in the world play the victim mentality, meaning they believe that they have almost no control of what transpires in their lives, but this is actually not true.

We do have choices, but I don't think our choices should be judged either way.

Maybe negativity, or complacency are what the soul has chosen to experience.

I just saw a post recently that was simple, but yet resonated with me. I hope you all take the time to ponder on it for a few moments.

So which side do you feed?

edit on 2-2-2012 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Love this! I just posted this on my fb yesterday!

For each moment we have in life there is a choice.... which will you feed? Its harder than one thinks... but...it can be done with a mind set that is adaptable to change. Changing your way of thinking is crucial, in my opinion.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

I read this also on FB, but what people are not seeing is that some choose to be negative and that has to not be judged. Maybe they need to experience these types of emotions, until they feel it's time to move on.

What I believe the old chief is saying is one side is not better than the other, just that whatever we give energy to is the side that will prevail.

edit on 2-2-2012 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth

I couldn't agree more. We always have a choice. The choices may not be what we consider wonderful, but we have a choice, still.

And I absolutely do not understand the victim mentality I see all around me. And that, itself, is a choice people make! We all have what we judge as "good" and "bad" in our lives, but it all depends on how you view these things as to how you will feel.

The opposite of victim is control. People DO have control in their lives, they just don't use it. Victim is a very seductive place... From there, you don't have to work to get control, because someone else has control and there's nothing to be done... but complain.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth

I'm stealing this image. It's just too good to ignore...

But yes, we are all aware of this message. But too many prefer to take the easy way out, saying that it's too difficult to choose.

Hence: SLAVERY IS FREEDOM.

George Orwell, in writing that book, was reflecting upon the rather warped psychological patterns of a lazy society versus a coldly logical, righteous government.

Sound familiar?

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

And I absolutely do not understand the victim mentality I see all around me.

It's because when someone is a victim and something happens in their life, that it's never their choice or doing.

Life is so much easier to deal with when issues are not created by oneself, but rather an external force.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Here eYe go, being the outcast as always . . .

There is no sPoon!

There is no bAttle!

Until yew realize the trUth that Free Will is an Illusion, yew will spend an eternity dwelling on making choices that yew always make. The Oracle's werds to Neo apply:

Neo: I suppose the most obvious question is, how can I trust you?
The Oracle: Bingo! It is a pickle, no doubt about it. The bad news is there's no way if you can really know whether I'm here to help you or not. So it's really up to you. You just have to make up your own damn mind to either accept what I'm going to tell you, or reject it. Candy?
Neo: D'you already know if I'm going to take it?
The Oracle: Wouldn't be much of an Oracle if I didn't.
Neo: But if you already know, how can I make a choice?
The Oracle: Because you didn't come here to make the choice, you've already made it. You're here to try to understand why you made it. I thought you'd have figured that out by now.
Neo: Why are you here?
The Oracle: Same reason. I love candy.
Neo: But why help us?
The Oracle: We're all here to do what we're all here to do. I'm interested in one thing, Neo, the future. And believe me, I know - the only way to get there is together.

whY dew yew make the Choices yew've made? Figure out the trUth about this thing yew call Life, then yew will understand whY yew've made the Choices yew've made, and then yew will truly know wh0 yew are and whY yew are here.

Ribbit

Ps: I happen to be part Cherokee as well, sew Zero disrespect meant!

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

I couldn't agree more. We always have a choice. The choices may not be what we consider wonderful, but we have a choice, still.

BH,

I think it all comes down to what each one of us chooses to give the energy and attention to.

Stop and think for a moment which side is fed the side that loves chaos and confusion, or the side of tranquility and peace, only each one of us knows what we choose to feed.

top topics

join